on 14 February 2013
Overall I was very impressed with the stand. It is very robust and stable. It allows the monitors to be placed at an arbitrary orientation and horizontal position within a reasonable range.
The only negative point is the lack of a mechanism for easily changing the vertical position of a monitor. A bolt must be loosened and re-tightened after moving the supporting arms to a new height position. The inability to set the monitors to different heights independently may be a problem if you intend to mount monitors of different sizes.

For my purposes the stand was ideal. With the above caveat about height adjustment, I would recommend the product.
on 15 April 2015
These monitor arms are very sturdy and hold my 24" monitors very securely allowing monitors to be moved around and turned between landscape and portrait on the fly. The tilt hinges do need tightening but it is reasonably easy to get them to a point where you can adjust the monitor tilt without them moving on their own. There were plenty of monitor bolts, washers and spacers included as well as extra cable clips and hinge covers. The only thing that annoyed me was that the included hex key for tightening bolts was a bit soft and deformed while I was tightening the clamp bolts. This was not a problem for me as I had my own and the included one was still useable anyway. Very nice product.
review image
on 14 August 2013
My partner has been looking for a good stand so he can set up his dual monitors for some time. Plenty around but reading a lot of mixed reviews about the stability etc. This stand was very easy to put together and attach to the table. The two monitors he has are slightly different in size (one 22" wide and one 24" wide) and weight but the stand can hold them in place no problems at all. The monitors also have slightly different backs which was again no problem - the stand comes with fittings for both curved back and straight back monitors (8 of each to cover two monitors).

There is also hand clips all over the stand for you to place your wires in to keep them neat - this was excellent as the wires are pretty much out of sight because of the clips.

The stand comes with an adjustable fitting so you can fit to almost any type of desk material/thickness. The clamp is also designed in such a way it won't damage the table.

As above, the product is very solid and you can rest assured that your dual monitors will be held in place securely and it won't take you any time at all to put the stand together.

The only slight issue I would mention is when adjusting the angle of your monitor you need to use an allen key to get it tight. When turning the allen key I noticed it moved the monitor so when you secured it in the position you wanted, you had to put a fair amount of grip on it yourself to prevent it moving.

All in all a very good product and I would recommend for anyone wishing to setup a dual monitor system.
on 24 April 2015
I don't normally write reviews, but I think this monitor stand deserves a good one.

I wanted to put 4 22" monitors in a single row, above my main monitors and my laptops. After a lot of searching, I found that the cheapest way to do so was to buy this monitor pole for four monitors (£49) and a 70cm allcam pole (search amazon uk for this: B00DDTPR3A) for £13. The two poles are actually identical is size, hight, pole diameter, finish and features, which means these two brands have the same source. By moving one of the two double arms from the lavolta to the allcam pole, I ended up having two tall double monitor stands for £62. That's the cheapest way you can get this setup!

Quality wise, this is fantastic. The whole construction is really solid, which for the price, is a nice surprise. Do not expect to move the monitors frequently on this stand. When you find the right angle and height, use the provided allen key to lock them in place. Setting it up is a two person job. One person can perhaps do it, but he/she struggle.

One thing to mention here is that it's only worth getting a setup similar to mine is if you want to have all four monitors above eye level (i.e. as the top row of two rows of monitors). If you are only going to have one row of monitors, this is not the right choice as the poles are too tall. Consider the shorter, normal poles (40cm?). I hope this helps!
on 20 May 2014
SO. Lots of arms on Amazon, some with great reviews, some with ok, many seem to all look the same, what do you choose?! I went for this arm as it has good reviews, others are right its built like a tank. There is another popular arm for cheaper price of £25, but it weighs 2Kg this weighs 6+ Kg so you can see how much more flimsy it must be.

There are three options, dual screen, triple or quad.The dual screen has a pole that is 45cm high, the triple and quad are 72cm poles it seems. I only have two screens but being 6'2" (186cm) I need the screens higher above my desk than the dual screen pole would provide so I went for a quad as I want to mount one screen portrait and this gives me another arm to use. Watch the pricing as well, when I bought mine the triple was cheaper than the dual even though you get more?!

The clamp is really well made, and the upright pole is very solid and heavy gauge steel.I have a shelf above my desk so I had to lop about 6cm/2" off the end and it was hard work to cut the tube! The arms are also very heavy and durable, I have mounted a 27" 7.5Kg AOC screen and my existing 24" 6.5Kg HP screen side by side on one arm and everything is very solid. I can see this would easily take two 27" screens no problem.

Top tip though before you mount any screens - tighten up all the bolts on the arms with the supplied allen key as they are way to loose for any decent size screen!

The only downside is that the clamp is quite large under the desk, so if you have an obstruction (I had power sockets) you may have to have a rethink (or undertake some DIY adjustments with a hacksaw).

If you desk is against a wall you need to allow around 2cm/0,5" space behind for the clamp to pass, and you will also loose some articulation on the arms as you cannot push them back as you would if there was free space behind, some tweeking of how you align the screens is required.

As other reviews mention the cable management is a bit limited as the clips are tiny for a lot of monitor, USB, power and audio connections, but they are very useful I just looped cable ties round cables and through the cable clips. If you have desk against a wall you will not be able to use the rear mounted cable loops, also these are not height adjustable if you wondered, they have to go in the holes in the pole.

Can't beat it for the price, really smart looking arm, very strong, easy to assemble - what's not to like!
on 10 April 2016
Scores, based upon quad monitor version (read below if care how I came up with these numbers):
Price: 5
Seller Packaging: 5
Manufacturer Packaging: 1
Mechanical Sturdiness: 5
Implementation quality: 3

I generally don't type reviews. However, monitor stands manufactured by less known companies lack reviews, or even just vlogs, documenting how good or how bad a product is. Myself, I had to rely onto customer reviews for placing my "bet" on a monitor stand, hoping it would turn out to be a good one. At that time, I promised myself I will be giving best review my English would allow, for helping future customers deciding, so here it is.

If there is one thing you need to know out of this review, is this: you either need to have four exactly same monitors, or two pairs of exactly same monitors. Reason is there is no per-monitor height adjustment. Monitors mounted on same row, cannot have their height individually adjusted. Even monitors of the same brand have their VESA mounts on a different vertical position. Be aware - unless of course, you don't care your monitors not forming a "perfect square" at all.

Before going into details, I am spelling it out in advance: I will be definitely buying another one of these, regardless those points lost here and there. While reading my review, you might consider I am not happy enough. However, none of the issues I encountered is critical for my use-case, and those other monitor stands which have no signs of negative comments, might be just because I haven't reviewed them. I chose 4 stars, because this is how I rate those issues, but I do realize this is not the case for everyone. Out of all factors, I highly rate mechanical sturdiness and robustness the most, and on those fronts this is an excellent product. Monitors do not move, rattle or wobble. This is a solid beast.

At first, price had been descend; 56 GBP for a quad monitor stand. I need it to hold four monitors, so going with quad version had been a no brainer for me. However, as other reviewers have mentioned, prices fluctuate and it's sometimes cheaper to buy a version capable of holding more monitors, than you intend mounting. That being said, I find none of the options offered to actually being convenient for those intending to mount three monitors:
- Tri-monitor version does not provide "depth" adjustment for upper monitor. While you will be able to drag lower monitors closer/away, upper monitor will always be near the pole.
- Quad-monitor version can be "abused" for holding three monitors, but you will then have to deal with an extra arm, facing towards the wall (if any), forcing you to pull your desk further away from the wall since, even in its most detracted state, spare arm will still be long enough. If there is no opposing wall, or if you don't care moving your desk a bit, I would definitely recommend quad-monitor version, even if you need it to just hold three monitors.

Cheapest shipping method set me off by an additional ~20 GBP. However, this resulted onto DHL delivering item (in Greece) on my doorstep instead of receiving a notice to go pick it up myself from somewhere else. It's only then that I stopped feeling bad about shipping cost.

Item was delivered on the exact same day Amazon predicted it would be delivered, in its original, manufacturer sealed package, with no signs of damage, which is remarkable since there was no foam inside the box which would prevent compression, and given its weight, I can tell DHL handled it as if it had been "fragile", whereas no such "fragile" sign was present. Kudos to DHL for this.

So, I lift package for getting it from doorstep to my office and I immediately realize I could perfectly use it for "Jingle bells" purposes. There had been metal surfaces hitting each other within the box. On a side note, this might had been reason every DHL personnel ever lifted package on its way to my place, handled it with care; it sounded like something was broken already.

Within box, there are two boxes; one holding pole, and another one holding both arms. Pole travels safe, arms do not. Arms are both packaged within same box, without foam or bubble wrap separating them. It had been arms, hitting each other, which produced that sound, and plastic bags separating each from the other, could not prevent sound emitted when they hit each other.

Getting arms out of their box, revealed what looked like the aftermath of arms battling each other; each arm on its own bag, along with plastic pieces. Some of those plastic pieces were broken already, and their fragments were still contained within bags. Every single arm joint has a plastic cover on both sides (i.e. two plastic parts per joint, 3 joints/arm, blah... blah, totaling 24 plastic parts across all four arms). While most of them had still been attached onto arms, at least 2-3 of them, had been separated from each respective arm. And most of those separated, had been broken as well. Monitor stand is still perfectly functional, since plastic parts only serve as covers for hiding bolts used for adjusting stiffness each joint has.

Just like you, I considered this to be expected, given how much care was given for arms not to touch each other during transport. Everything changed the next second. You see.... I carefully collected and tracked fragments contained within each one bag, just in case I would later be in need to use some glue for restoring them (since some of them were not really shuttered and had been just broken onto two or three large parts), only to discover that some fragments did not match pieces residing on same bag. Instead they matched broken pieces found on the other bag. This fact reveals something fishy takes place while manufacturer packages product; plastic parts are broken already, before even leaving manufacturer premises. There are also plastic parts for cable management purposes, out of which none was separated from the arms, or broken, at least in my case. Your mileage may vary though. In the event they are broken, you won't miss them though (read further below).

Pole and arms look like they are black powder coated. Paint looks solid and no missed or lightly sprayed spots were identified. However, my pair of arms had some spots where paint had been chipped away, I guess due to collisions they experienced while travelling. Minor spots, ~1-2mm in diameter, 8 such spots across all arms. Texture and colour of plastic parts covering joints perfectly matches effect of paint on metal, allowing a completely seamless blend; you're unable to tell if those parts are plastic or not. When in place, they allow for a completely black colour scheme. If you need it to look like this, and you happen to have broken parts like I do, it might turn useful removing some bottom facing covers, and place them where you miss upper facing covers.

Clamp mechanism consists of two L shaped parts you need to bolt together for it to resemble a clamp. Upper part is permanently connected with pole and carries plate that sits on top of the desk. This one plate, on side that sits on top of the desk has a black soft foamy thing glued on it, intended for protecting desk surface from scratches induced by overall load. Before proceeding with installation I went on to test fit clamp (I wanted to test how much solid pole is held, before messing with arms and monitors). The good news is that pole is immovable. Bad news is that soft foam dissolved out of pressure applied, even though I did not exceed half the pressure I've currently applied onto permanent installation. So, those of you attaching it onto an expensive piece of a furniture, better find something more reliable to place in-between any part of monitor stand that touches your furniture - especially on bottom side of your desk. Bottom side of desk will experience those two large silver bolts compressing it with their two round metal pads with their rather rough surface. I am sure I've permanently scratched my own. I knew it in advance but did not care, and I still don't. Mind that by using and intermediate thing on bottom side, will compromise resistance in pole rotating towards user, induced by friction imposed by the rough surface those pads have - on purpose.

While I had in mind to measure maximum thickness desk can have for being compatible with this monitor stand, I completely forgot to do so. However, those two L shaped plates can be bolted onto three different presets, with largest one allowing at least for 3 inches thick desks - it surely is more than that, but unfortunately I did not measure it - if yours is 3 inches thick, it will work for sure.

Last point I feel like mentioning about clamp, is that upper L shaped part, where it forms it's 90 degrees corner, has two indentation details for preventing it's angle being altered due to compression. Those indentation points, can be witnessed on inner side of corner as well, and caution should be taken, not to have them pressed against table corner, or you risk damaging desk corner. In other words, vertical plate of clamp cannot/should-not be firmly attached onto desk, or you risk damaging upper desk corner. Instead, vertical plate needs to be around 3mm away from desk, for clearing those indentation details. Nonetheless, stability is not compromised by this fact.

When it comes to assembly strategy, you most definitely need to choose the one that requires less effort possible. I am 5.9 feet male and on the 1-10 strength scale, I would rate me 5-to-6, still I struggled before seeking help from my skinny girlfriend. Problem is not how much strength is required, but the fact that it's required to apply pressure with your hands extended, if just one person - and you still miss a third hand for bolting arms onto pole, while you hold the arm with both monitors mounted. So, I can only suggest you have someone there to bolt some nuts - even an adequately tall child can be the help you need.

Before you skip reading how I did it, you need to know some facts before you have your own strategy compiled:
- If you plan to bolt everything together - including monitors - and then just slide it onto the desk and clamp it, just forget it. The whole thing weights too much. You can only hold it from pole, and it's as huge as a 46 inches wide screen (if you're on 4x23 inch monitors like I am), whereas arms swing around while you hold it. It's like a huge and heavy flag waving randomly. Not to mention is impossible to hold pole on a vertical position, when loaded, with one hand, while simultaneously use the other to screw bolts of clamp.
- If you plan to bolt everything together, clamp it, and the bolt monitors while stand is in place, you really need a more dedicated third person. It is really hard to bolt the monitors without someone else holding them in place, while you do so. Still, I consider it hard given the fact that the other person needs not to even breath, at least till you bolt first screw.

I did it like this (twice, for each pair of monitors):
- Put them on the couch (bed works as well), with their panel facing the couch.
- Bolted each one of them on stand's VESA mounts,
- Tightened bolts on arm joints, to prevent monitors swinging around while I carry them,
- Slided pair onto pole, and while holding them onto desired height, had another one bolt them on pole.
- Repeat procedure for upper row of monitors.

After you've slided both arm pairs onto pole, you might discover you need to change height each monitor row sits on. If you need to get rows lower, things are easy... while slowly untightening screws holding arms onto pole, arms slide downwards in a controlled fashion (instead of rapidly bottoming out). However, if you need to raise them, things are harder. I could only lift them by 1mm or less on each attempt/breath.

Before you start messing with cabling and tilt/pitch/position each monitor needs to have, you got to decide on their height because:
- Cabling will make height adjustments harder, and
- Time invested onto "perfectly" tweaking monitor position and tilt is a waste, since every other operation - cabling included - messes with those settings.
- There is no such thing as "per monitor height adjustment". You therefore need to be wise in advance.

As other reviewers have already pointed out, integrated plastic clips for cable management are all of the same size; an inadequate size. They are of perfect size for a power cable and a single signal cable, however at least clips on pole should be larger. Especially lower pole clip, needs to accommodate at least 4 power cords and 4 signal cables - which is impossible. They can barely hold 3 HDMI cables alone. So, if you need things to be tight, I would suggest velcro ties, and only use existing clips for preventing velcro from sliding downwards.

Another one tip I feel like sharing: I initially spread my various input sources across all monitors - and even invested, in advance, for acquiring enough HDMI and DVI cables - so that I enjoy digital signal out of all sources. However, it quickly became apparent that upper row's monitor controls are not that easily reachable. I therefore reverted onto using as much as possible inputs on lower row's monitors, even at the expense on using VGA cables, since those monitors' controls are easier to reach. You now do what you gotta do.

So I got everything fitted. Pole is immovable. Even whenever I change a monitor's position. I positioned monitors where I wanted them to be (took some days for finding sweet spot and I was happy that I did not encounter issue others describe - even they have exact same monitors on a single row, those monitors have 1cm+ of height difference. And I had been wondering all these days how's that even possible, since arms of same row form what looks like a perfect straight, which should prevent it from happening.

Until one day I noticed something. Left side monitor, on its outer corner, levitates 9cm away from desk, while right side monitor, on it's outer corner levitates 7cm away from desk. It's therefore 2cm difference across ~40inches. Issue is there, on my case as well. It's only because I aligned monitors by making sure their common edges match, that I had unintentionally rotated each by a slight amount for it to become possible (if it was not for cables, monitors can rotate by 360, indefinitely, switching from landscape orientation to portrait) and I only had issue "hidden"/"masqueraded", but it's still there. Took me more than a week to notice it. However large the difference is, is impossible to tell if you're someone else. If you're me, sitting all day in front of them, I only get reminded during some days. I've never noticed it while working. I only see it when I am slacking.

Good news is that upper row of monitors seems affected the exact same way and amount. Bad news is this discrepancy seems like coming from pole not being perfectly perpendicular where it connects to base. Only a slight amount of tilt there, is enough to result onto this effect.

Mind that I soon get four monitors more. I will be buying this one once more. I can live with all of it's issues for the price it's offered.

Please excuse my English. I will try to respond onto comments/questions.
on 2 March 2014
It is a very well built and industrial looking piece of kit. It's holding up both of my 24inch monitors with absolute ease. There is however one thing that's driving me up the wall, maybe it's just my OCD but the my two monitors CAN NOT be aligned. I have tried numerous positions and it's just not possible. Maybe it's a manufacturing defect with my one. If I level both of my monitors with a spirit level, the left hand monitor sits about 1cm higher than the other monitor. It might seem insignificant but the size of the stand and both monitors really exaggerates this difference. I wish I had done something about it earlier instead of ignoring it, I would have sent it back for another one.
on 18 June 2013
I was working with 2 monitors and suddenly I decided to double my desktop size so I order two more monitors. So I needed a monitor stand for the four of them. I think I made the best purchase since now, a few weeks after the monitors are on the stand and I enjoy working with 4 monitors.

The build quality of this product is very good. It's heavy and it's going to take you between 30 minutes to an hour to unpackage, set up and add the monitors.

At the bottom part I am using 2 newly acquired LG 22' monitors and at the top 2 older LG LED monitors. Everything works as expected and I can highly recommend this product.

As a side note, for those who don't know it try using the plugable USB to HDMI adapter to add more monitors on your computer. I am on a Sony Vaio i7 (win 8) laptop with 3 of these adapters and all four monitors work on Full HD resolution with no lagging.
on 5 March 2013
The item is very nice for it's price, very robust, comes with a L tool and all the screws needed, it will fit comfortably two 23 inch monitors side by side and still be able to push it back and forward a nice distance.

The 3rd and top monitor mount is a bit short so if your side by side monitors and way front, the 3rd one will be almost a 15 cm back.

It will tilt, Rotate side to side back and forward rather easy after loosen the screw.
It WILL NOT go up and down so easy, you will have to loose the screw on the pole to raise the mounts, then tighten it again so it wont fall.

Comparing prices this is actually a very nice product for its price. My 5 stars goes for Robustness, price and it being perfect for people who spent a lot of time in front of a PC working, in my case programming.
on 7 June 2013
This is almost a Ronseal product. It pretty much does exactly what it states. The only quibble I could possibly level toward relates entirely to my monitors. I have an Acer 24" and a samsung 23", (soon to be upgraded to match the Acer). Due to the vesa positioning on the Acer being off centre I have to have the dual arm set high on the pole. This means I can't use the 3rd position until I make an offset plate for the monitors.

This is a pretty minor quibble though and in all honesty I would buy this setup again even if I were installing a dual rig. It more than handles the weight of the screens although you may need to tighten the vesa hinge(s).

Installed much pricier arms for work and this is equal to the majority of them and at this price? It would be rude not to!