5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those with frustratingly unfinished projects!
There is so much good stuff in this book it's hard to pick a place to start.

If you are at a place where your ideas are not getting completed, then this book will give you some great tips to addressing that issue.

The book is a collection of themes and each one is written by a different author.

One of the things I was hoping to get out of...
Published 17 months ago by Stephen Luff

1.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you're a creative
I bought this book based on the first 3 statements of the title: manage your day to day, build your routine, find your focus. Unfortunately the book is entirely focused on creativity. I gave up reading it about two thirds in as not only was the content mostly tips and insight I'd read elsewhere (or was already doing), but the way the content is presented is not...
Published 7 months ago by Mumvpbucks

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind (The 99U Book Series) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It's full of great 'real life' advice from some very wise people. If you are a bit of a self-improvement junkie like me then you'll love it. My only criticism is that it's a bit shot, so it would be wonderful if they did a follow up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reassurance for lonely creatives, 30 May 2013
4 1/2 stars really: a bit thin; but at Kindle price, good value and provides the pep talk we all need occasionally. Wise words to keep us on track and remind us that being creative ain't easy – nor is it supposed to be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some useful stuff, 10 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found some of the advice in this book to be quite useful. Some of the chapters were a bit lightweight though.
This was generally readable and for the most part, it was easy to follow.
Obviously a lot of this advice has been given before and even the authors have probably written numerous blog posts about it all.
The book got a bit repetitive but it was worth a quick skim read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Routine., 16 April 2014
This is nothing more than common sense and a waste of money. This comment will probably not be shown to others on the website. It disrupts routine and is merely a distraction Don't buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 28 April 2014
A good read, not my best purchase but certainly a valuable and helpful little text. Great for use on the kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Design grads must read, 15 Oct 2013
Truly inspirational for design graduates, found it spoke to me on me every level. If you need a pick me up and a focus after your degree this will help you.

4.0 out of 5 stars good advice, 2 Oct 2013
Some really good ideas and advice that ring true. Gets a bit too technology orientated at times. We don't all have all the gadgets or use Facebook every hour. Good nuggets of sound advice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Manage your day- to day, 5 Aug 2013
Ms. A. L. Story (UK) - See all my reviews
I have found this eBook quite useful, however I find that I keep going back to it rather than read it all in one go. Some of the ideas in it have been useful to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars manage your day to day for creatives, 4 Aug 2013
Happyfamily (Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the kind of book I like to read. It's compact so can easily transported in my bag when I have a few moments to read. You can read it from start to finish or jus dip in at any page. It's full of nugget advices and reminders from famous people and from some creatives on how to get the most of your day to day, how to deal with procrastinations etc. The content of the book is great and I cannot fault it. However, being a creative, I would have liked more creativity in the visual side of the book, I would have liked more colour (this is a black and white and red book). Nevertheless, this is a book well worth reading and re-reading when you need a bit of inspiration on managing your day to day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise little Book packed with Solid Advice, 1 Aug 2013
elsie purdon "reads too much" (dorset uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the format of this little book. It is easy to read in bits and pieces and you can really dip in where you want.
It consists of short chapters from different contributors. The chapters are grouped into five sections with the following headings.
"Building A Rock-Solid Routine'
"Finding Focus in a Distracted World"
"Taming Your Tools"
"Sharpening Your Creative Mind"
"Coda: A Call To Action"

Each contributor is a creative sharing their wisdom and expertise. This could be ways that work for them or scientific studies that underline what might seem obvious e.g. have a routine to trigger the creative process; but here is also the explanation why this works and I liked that.
I know that I can only stay focussed on a task for a maximum of ninety minutes in here I read why that is so. And that it's important not to push past this amount of time say with caffeine or something else because doing so will lead to burnout at worst and is counter productive at best.
Each chapter concludes with a website address to go to for further info on the author.

A lot of the chapters deal with the distractions that come from modern technology. As an older person my attitude is to turn the damm things off! But this won't work for most people who will be unconsciously distracted with inner conflict over wanting to read their email, or answer their phone. The book explains succinctly why this is so.

"Manage Your Day -to-Day" has been put together by Jocelyn K. Glei who leads 99U, a website with the mission to" provide the missing curriculum" for making ideas happen.

I have found this book to be inspirational and helpful. Recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›