5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but lovely
I really loved this book, really well written and could feel and understand every emotion he felt and went through, it will take quite a while for me to get this book out of my mind
Published 19 months ago by christine berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't mind me
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't mind me, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Reason for Living - A Story that Shocked the World! (Kindle Edition)
Did not find this as convincing or as heart wrenching as "The Cupboard Under the Stairs". To imagine there is so much evil, abuse and cruelty in everyday life. This is NOT fiction, not the movies. This is real. However, I found myself having rather little compassion for Billy. The story is not so much that of his childhood as that of his growing into adulthood. I find it difficult to express an unbiased opinion without incurring the wrath of other readers. Billy Casper managed to make good of his difficult life and can be proud of himself. I can only apologise if I found him to be unsympathetic (to me): a rough tough kid, a bully, a trouble maker, unstable in work and love. Good on you Billy for being a survivor. Keep up the love and don't mind me. You done good.
And yes there were spelling errors and grammatical mistakes but this is not what counts in a story like this. It's the content that is important, the story as it is told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but lovely, 10 Sept. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 2 Sept. 2013
Shocking and sickening story had me in tears more than once. Amazing how he came through it. Evil mother and a weak pathetic father.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reason for living, 17 Aug. 2013
This book is the amazing story of Billy living a life most people can not imagine. We are not told whether his mother is still alive but I sincerely hope she goes to hell where she deserves to be.
Billy you are a true example to us all and proof that abused kids don't go on to abuse their own kids. Shayne is lucky to have such a good dad and I wish you both love and best wishes
Suzy x

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 14 Aug. 2013
Really horrific story the poor family suffered horrendous cruelty from the hands of their mother .how a mother could treat her own babes in such an inhuman way beggars belief

5.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelming and shocking truth of severe child abuse, 13 Aug. 2013
How this man went on to live a normal life and become such a good parent is proof that you are not always a product of your upbringing . I totally understand why he hated his evil mother with such a passion . Something more must be done to help stop children being treated so badly and these evil so called parents need proper punishment and educating . I wish the author all the very best for his future with his adored son.

5.0 out of 5 stars a reason for living, 10 Aug. 2013
I recomend everyone to read this book. This is how a victim becomes a survivor. It is a real eye opener, as to what is happening in our society today

5.0 out of 5 stars what a book, 2 Jun. 2014
cryed a lot but but what a life and came through it very heavy in bits but could not put dow read in less than 2 days

4.0 out of 5 stars Cruelty to children, 18 May 2014
Readable because I work in this field and hear these types of stories constantly. However parts of this book shocked even me. What a sick and vicious woman his mother was and his father has to bear some of the blame because he was told what happened and chose to ignore or not believe it. I am glad the author was able to go on and raise his son and wish them both the best of everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 11 May 2014
A fab book, but very sad.....I feel very proud of the guy who survived this horrendous life, he has proved himself better than them horrible people.