5.0 out of 5 stars Grey's Anatomy
I just love this series. The way the characters' lives and jobs are interwoven is so sensitively handled. I always feel sad at the last episode as I know it will be months until I can start on the new series.
Published 11 months ago by Mary Lambert

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do I have to pay now when I didn't yesterday?
I got half way through this and now have to pay. Rubbish. What's more, the season is only £21.50 to own, but £32.99 to stream. And £12 at my local video rental. Ridiculous. Good job Netflix is here.
Published 9 months ago by Katherine Fulcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey's Anatomy, 31 Dec 2013
Mary Lambert - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been waiting too long for this. Worth every second. Now I need the next season. Funny, sad and thought provoking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably 3.5 Stars but I'll round up. Spoilers., 25 Aug 2014
Ed (Hampshire ,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD] (DVD)
Hmmm.... I think this series demonstrates that Grey's Anatomy is no longer quite as good as it used to be.

This series feels very rushed to me with and I can't help but feel that the whole plane crash settlement was condensed into fewer episodes than originally planned.

The whole thing starts off simply enough, covering where everybody is post plane crash.

Lexie is very sadly dead, Mark is in a coma on life support, Arizona has had her leg amputated and Derek is facing the possibility that he will never operate again due to his hand injury. Meredith and Christina are the only ones who have escaped unscathed (physically that is)

Meredith is now a General Surgery Attending with the nickname "Medusa"

Karev is at first an acting Paeds Fellow but becomes permanent when he decides to cancel his job at Johns Hopkins while Chrstina is a Cardio Fellow at the Mayo Clinic but after numerous ups and downs she returns to SGMWH.

A flashback episode (#2) shows the aftermath of the plane crash and the effect that it had on the people involved. I enjoyed this episode as it also showed Mark Sloan's final days in which he has several moving scenes with Callie, Avery and Derek.

The doctors are of course suing the airline and end up turning down the money offered in hopes of finding some real answers.

This ends up in them suing the hospital instead (no answers there guys!) and through a loophole in the agreement the insurance company refuses to pay leaving the hospital liable for a nearly $100 million settlement ($15 million each times 6 people, ie, Mark, Lexie, Arizona, Meredith, Derek and Christina) The court case felt very rushed in my opinion but I concede that they could hardly try to stretch it out for several season (such a thing would surely take at least 1-2 years no?)

This results in a commercialized hospital trying to buy them out and the plane crash victims end up buying the hospital.

After this, several storyline all pop up that just seem rushed and shoehorned in after spending so much effort on the plane crash plot.

Bailey's wedding, Alex's friendship with one of the new interns Jo Wilson (and the inevitability of him falling for her) Jo's relationship with an OB resident, April's relationship with Jackson and then the new character Matthew (at least this was spread out across the series somewhat)

Overall though, most of these storylines seem to work in how they were done, the major problem I have with this series is April's engagement to Matthew.

Now call me old-fashioned or whatever but Matthew first appears in episode 12, he proposes to April in episode 23. If we assume (as is usually the case) that each season is approximately one year, then he proposed after a little under 6 months, including meeting, going out, agreeing no sex before marriage etc. I really dislike how TV shows feel the need to make this type of storyline happen really fast. I disliked it when it was Christina and Burke, disliked it in the Mentalist with Van Pelt and it really pissed me off here. (incidentally they end up getting married in 10x12 so actually if you consider the approximate canon length of episodes in real time then they were engaged for a longer time than it took for Matthew to meet April and propose to her. One of things I found realistic about Meredith and Derek's relationship was that they DIDNT get engaged/married after one/two seasons of knowing each other!

All this being said that (relatively) minor quibble was not enough to detract from my enjoyment of the show and despite a few issues with plot development and the rushing of a few story elements this is still a very enjoyable show but as it was with series 6 in my opinion it doesn't really hold up in comparison to the best that came before it (specifically season 8 which I throughly enjoyed) however, I would still recommend this as a good season and well worth a watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do I have to pay now when I didn't yesterday?, 28 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars fabulous series diabolical amazon service, 1 Mar 2014
Got up to episode 13 and amazon decide to start charging. I will be cancelling my love film membership as greys was the main reason I started it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do I now have to pay for this?, 6 Mar 2014
I was happily watching season 9 of Grey's Anatomy as part of my LoveFilm subscription, then suddenly the name changed I had to pay to watch the last remaining episodes. Forget that, what is the point of paying a subscription if I also have to pay per episode?? Rubbish. Subscription cancelled and Netflix here I come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greys season 9, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD] (DVD)
I really really liked this season. The storylines the acting was amazing. only thing is the bloody interns their so annoying but their series regulars for series 10 so im gone have to get use to them. The finale was absolutely breath taking it felt more natural then last seasons plane crash it has many unanswered questions which I wont say for people who have not watched it. It was intense for 9 seasons they still can keep things fresh. CANNOT WAIT FOR SERIES 10 AND THE 200TH EPISODE I just hope no more death I cant bare it anymore its damaged me!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy way to run a business, 2 Mar 2014
Half way through series 9 when Amazon finally screwed the Lovefilm service up big time. Thanks for removing it, you made me make up my mind and ditch Lovefilm/Amazon Prime Instant Video whatever it is. The name stinks, the app on my smart tv stinks, the new releases stink and the only show that kept me has been removed, that stinks. I will be looking for an alternative source of entertainment.

1.0 out of 5 stars MOVING TO NETFLIX, 5 Mar 2014
I nearly managed to poach my parents from Netflix to LoveFilm but guess what now amazon have started charging me mid way through a series I'm cancelling our LoveFilm and moving to Netflix.

1.0 out of 5 stars New prime is totally baffling, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD] (DVD)
Why is it that five days ago I could find Grey's anatomy on Prime and watch episodes straight away. Now when I search for it I only get the option to buy dvd's. Very strange. Customer service guy on the 'chat' was pleasant but not helpful at all. Will I get a response from a member of the Prime team tomorrow? Or cancellation time I think.

Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 [DVD] by Ellen Pompeo (DVD - 2013)