4.0 out of 5 stars Two washers needed
Hose arrived today (Tuesday,)ordered it on Saturday, very good! - I really like blue and I know it's sad but that was the reason for buying it!
Published 23 months ago by JustmeSue

1.0 out of 5 stars Snap!!!!
Initially we were impressed with the xhose, unfortunately after a week of light use watering plants, the inner tube snapped like an elastic band. My husband sent it back to amazon at the cost of £15 and we received a new one a week or more later, only for the inner hose to blow a whole in, so this one is useless as well. We are not impressed any more!
Published 22 months ago by Julie

1.0 out of 5 stars Snap!!!!, 18 July 2013
This review is from: New X HOSE 25ft Patented Expandable Flexible Garden Hose As Seen On TV In Official Retail Box (Garden & Outdoors)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great in theory but unreliable in practice, 17 July 2013
I first saw XHose at the Gardeners World Show at the NEC in June. I thought it was just what I wanted - did not take up much room and more important, did not kink. Unfortunately they were only selling the 50 feet version and I needed 75 feet (expanded). When I got home I checked around and found Amazon was about £10 less than everyone else so needless to say bought it through them. It arrived a few days later (I find Amazon service very good)and my first impressions were "fantastic". Hozelock et al seemed so old fashioned. I got rid of the the big hose "box" that was a real eyesore on the patio and simply hung the XHose over the tap. We have good water pressure and the hose expanded about 2.5 times its original length (though I never actually measured it) - it was OK for what I needed. I continued to use it most days for about a month around the garden. During this time I had no problems with the hose and still thought it was fantastic. Definitely did not kink which was a great plus as far as I was concerned. I had been watering in the garden one evening and left it switched on at the tap while we had dinner on the patio. My wife suddenly screamed that the hose had sprung a leak and that there was a fountain of water shooting over the fence into the neighbour's garden where they normally ate their meals! Fortunately they were out that evening so we were saved embarrassment. I put some Duck tape around the hose so I could carry on using it while I decided what to do. Less than a week later it sprung another leak. So now it is definitely useless. Amazon were brilliant and refunded the price I paid plus the postage the day after I submitted a claim.

I have not yet taken the XHose apart but the inner hose feels something like the rubber hose we used to connect to the Bunsen burner in the school lab ie it not that strong and that is why it needs the fabric cover. Because the inner hose expands and contracts you cannot patch it like you would a cycle inner tube so when it springs a leak - that's it.

Maybe I had a bad one and everyone else's are OK but when you are paying about £60 for a hosepipe you want to know it is going to last at least a few years. I feel let down because it seemed to give me everything I was looking for but in the end did not deliver. Think twice before you buy. PS There is a Chinese website selling a 75 feet version for £17 maybe that is all it is worth.

2.0 out of 5 stars At a stretch?, 22 July 2013
No problem with service arrived in good time, however, I have not seen it do it stretchy thing once yet, when attached to tap on full 110psi pressure its only the first 4-5 feet that appear to stretch the rest, forget it, it needs help, then when in use the pressure obviously drop off and it starts to shrink back which it does fine when finished with. When you see the ads on TV I just wonder how much water pressure? they use during the filming. Cannot get excited on this one, will use until it breaks, on the plants closest to house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken hose., 16 July 2013
We cannot use this hose as it has now broken, needless to say, we are not at all satisfied. We are now back to watering the garden with a watering can. We would like our money back please.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely terrible, 17 Jun. 2013
The hose looks nice enough but was a piece of junk. There was no washer in the connector at the tap end so water sprayed out everywhere. I overcame this by fitting a washer from something else but then I got soaked by water spraying out at the other end whether there was an attachment connected or not. The water came out from between the hose and the end piece.
This appears to be one of those ideas which is good in theory but not well made.
The bright part of this was the excellent service of the vendor, speedy delivery and prompt refund after I returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 15 July 2013
I didn't buy my XHOSE from amazon but from another website but thought I had to warn people against buying one. The first time I used the XHOSE it leaked from where the hose connected to the gun fitting, The second time I used it water squirted out of the middle of the hose so it couldn't be used. Total waste of money, I'll stick to the normal rubber hose in future.

2.0 out of 5 stars This May Explode!!!!!!, 23 July 2013
Both myself and my parents have purchased this hose and first off we LOVED IT!!!. told everybody they should buy one,it was fab. Now however the one that my parents have has gone bang no less than 3 times,so is now useless,our one has popped so far just the once,but when they go it sounds like a firework going off.My concern would be for this to happen around a small child,whilst using in the garden.I would nor recomend this hose to anybody!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Two washers needed, 3 July 2013
Stress for the first half hour because as soon as I attached it to the outdoor tap water poured out from around the fitting nearest the tap! So - after a bit of trial and error (and a rather soaked me) I put two Hoselock black washers inside the xHose fitting - so far that has worked a treat. It's a shame the maker hasn't read these reviews as it would be very simple for them to include two washers and then there would be a more positive outcome.
You do need to have very high water pressure for the hose to expand fully, so I would go for the longest one you can afford.
xHose can be joined to Hoselock etc............. but you need the screw fittings to do so, rather than the push fittings.
Time will tell if the hose material itself is robust enough - some people seem to have had problems.
I guess watch this space...........New XHOSE 25ft Expandable Garden Hose To 3 Times Its Size Auto Retract Non Kink

3.0 out of 5 stars odd one this - mixed feelings like others, 3 May 2013
FIRST - get a bigger one than you think - it will not extend 100% unless your water pressure is the same as a fire hydrant. It does extend very well but not as much as it quite says under normal house-hold conditions. The plastic valve and quick release fitting on the end is definatly poor, leaks like a seive, however, easy to change. It does obviously drop the water pressure comming out of it a bit but still works fine. Overall a good product and it DOES compress back to a very small size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 27 May 2013
Chose one star as I couldn't give it half a star, waste of money, read all the bumf fully as this does not have a nozzle, and non of the store bought nozzles I own fit