Style Name: CarDVR-110|Change

on 18 August 2014
This is not designed for the UK market as the speeds (on the video and on the SuperCar program) are shown as km/h. Although the device itself seemed to work tollerably well, it does not turn off automatically in my Land Rover and it is very, very difficult to remove the camera from the car mount. The PDF manual on the CD is too brief and does not always give clear enough instructions particularly where the SuperCar program is concerned. This program also fails to display the video. All in all, this is NOT a good product and certainly not one to go for if your driving is mainly within the UK.

I have sent a message to Rollei and if they answer these points, I will certainly update this review. In the meantime, I would not recommend this device. Have a look instead at the Which? recommendation (repeated in the Institute of Advanced Motorists' Magazine) for the Nextbase InCarCam 402G Professional Car DVR Video Recorder.

Updated 12 September 2014 - I received an email reply from Rollei in August which was written in German. My long ago, O-level German could barely cope, but the bit that I could understand suggested that I needed to install a codec on my bog-standard Windows 7 PC if I wanted to use the SuperCar program (which begs the question why was this codec not included with the software on the program CD). I wrote back asking for clarification on 20th August, but as of 3rd October have not had a response. So my advice remains to avoid this for use mainly within the UK.
on 24 October 2013
The order arrived in 5 days. Very good, liked the service. The article is what I wanted and was very pleased. I'm already using and the results with the Rollei Car DVR 110 are perfect. Good image and good performance HDD.
Jaime Antunes