The units are very good. The rating system does not specify things clearly.

So here the following:

Published 3 months ago by SwissSwiss

1.0 out of 5 stars Started with promise, but failed within 5 weeks
Published 3 months ago by A. Dury

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to be free of cables, very good sound (very close to my wired in-ear system)., 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Storm White BBX (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The units are very good. The rating system does not specify things clearly.

So here the following:

1. Convenience - 5 stars (no cables in the gym, in the office, or taking calls is just great. Can move about with or without the sound unit (phone or computer). The adjusters are a bit fiddly. Luckily I do not need the wing-tips provided to improve connections.

2. Comfort 5 - stars (I prefer in ear to over or on ear as those tend to get hot after a while, even though high end over ears are unbeatable.

3. Sound quality - 4 stars . Their sound quality does not quite match my in ear Sennheiser MM30's but they are very close so I don't mind using them particularly in and around the gym. Well rounded sound and no cable.

But remember what you might be using them for. If I want to sit down and listen to a chamber orchestra in audiophile quality then I would need to think of something else. But if I am sitting in an office or working out I don't want big clunky earphones that may be wired, get uncomfortably warm quickly, or generally move around a bit, they are fantastic. Great (enough) sound and quite balanced. Very good if one considers they actually have to process the sound themselves as well, no additional distortion as far as I can tell and battery life seems to meet specs.

4. Phone use - 5 stars - microphone working perfectly even in over the ear mode where the mic is not ideally located behind the ear. I have not tried the mic in an outdoor or noisy environment however, only my home or office. There I might need to put them on under ear with the mic closer to my mouth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great for gym, 3 Feb 2014
Quick delivery, great sound! Battery lasts long, I go to the gym every day and recharge the earbuds at the end of the week. 4 stars instead of 5 cause the placement of the remote control is not very practical. It's to close to your ear and the way I wear it (and I assume most people will) the remote is on the right instead of left which would have been more practical for right handed people

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive little headphones!, 22 July 2014
I have Sennheiser HD600 and Shure E5c, both significantly more expensive headphones. Compared with the Jaybirds, the Bluebuds initially give the impression of overpowering, though pretty clear bass, but then amaze you with a very wide soundstage and a crystal clear top end. The mids may lack a tiny bit, but I would still classify the sound as basically audiophile - very surprising from a pair of earbuds designed for sport!

I may still need to play with the fit, about 20 minutes into a run, they slide around a bit which manifests itself in reduced bass - I push them back in every 5-10 minutes or so. I will try the other fit options to see if this improves things when getting more sweaty - at the gym however I never get sweaty enough for them to slide out.

I watched a movie on the iPad on the train the other day, I felt completely isolated and immersed in the movie. The clarity makes you hear and feel every individual sound effect and bit of dialog and the wireless over the ear and behind the head fit make them completely disappear and you quickly forget you're wearing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are fantastic in sound quality compared to what I expected from ..., 27 July 2014
These are fantastic in sound quality compared to what I expected from bluetooth headphones, they took me about an hour to get them to fit properly which ill admit was very frustrating, but it was well worth it in the end, at first I thought they had terrible bass, turns out I had them in wrong. Using them for phone calls when in "fit" mode isn't the best as I literally have to shout to be heard, but then i don't usually answer the phone when I'm on a run.

My only gripe so far and the only thing making me consider taking them back is that I look like one of those people from doctor who, the ones who were about to be turned into Cybermen with their earpieces in. I do look a bit of a dick with them in, but to be honest how much I enjoy them kind of makes up for that as I'd say they have better quality than my previous headphones (Shure SE215)
In terms of clarity, and I'd say similar amount of bass. The highs are incredibly crisp and just the right amount because anymore they would be painful, any less it wouldn't sound as good. Other reviews say the mids are lacking but I would say they were about right.

Ultimately I'd say these are worth it for £103, £200, definitely not, but overall a brilliant set of headphones with a surprisingly small amount of lag (great for watching films)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the Gym, 28 Dec 2014
Had been looking at these headphones for a while mainly for use in the gym which is where they perform best and where you'll truly appreciate their design. Setting them up to fit is pretty quick and easy to understand including use of the cable management clips, it just requires a few tries to work out what combination of ear bud/wing tips work best.

My personal experience with the fit after at least 4 different attempts and uses in the gym has resulted in me ditching the wings and also buying the Comply S-500 Active earphone tips. Having never used wing tips on headphones before it was an experience as I can understand how they work now however they don't offer me much in terms of secure fitting as I like to fit my buds quite deep in my ear canal for a tight fit and noise isolation. The wing tips prevent the buds from going really deep into the ear so if you have deep ear canals this should be an option without affecting their ability to stay in your ear.

The supplied ear buds are more than adequate but I found the one in my right ear seemed to move while running on the treadmill, this was solved by buying the Comply S-500 Active earphone tips which expand inside the ear and are much more comfortable and deliver bass much better than the standard tips. Ultimately the fit is a personal experience and will be different for everyone based on preference and ear/canal shape, the ability to use the Comply 500 range of buds is a nice option to have in case the stock parts don't work for you.

Sound quality is better than any headphones I have used before, audio is clear and max volume is not an issue at all with a good amount of bass. Bluetooth connection is quick and easy to use, have only failed to connect it to my laptop running windows 8 but this is a driver issue with my laptop that I havent looked into fixing yet, connection also works over long distances and means I can leave my phone at the side of the gym when moving around.

Battery life is not as advertised, I would say at most I have managed to get 5 hours use out of them and during the 1 week ive had them I have had to charge twice but the battery will depend on the circumstances of use. I have had volume at near max to drown out loud music which is played in my gym and use them for 1.5 hours each session. Obviously the volume is the main contributor when considering how long a charge will last but the 8 hour claim is quite bold and doesnt explain which volume level is required, they would probably just about manage it on the lowest volume which is unrealistic. Despite this battery life is still impressive considering their size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality and a must have for sports, 29 Oct 2014
I'd say the audio quality is 2nd best of all the ear buds I've used in my life. And these are wireless. And definitely not that much worse, in fact, the difference in quality to those I'd rate best is so small, Bluebuds X take the spot as my favorite headphones ever.

The only reason why these do not get 5 stars from me is the (possibly) excessive amount of work one has to put into customizing these to your own liking. 3 sizes of ear buds, 3 sizes of pieces that hold the headphones firmly in place. One really only finds out how good they are once you try them while exercising. Also, I'd appreciate if the manufacturer would emphasize that over-the-ear way of using the Bluebuds really is the only real way of using these while running, otherwise I have to constantly re-adjust them while running.

That being said, once you've customized these to your liking, Bluebuds are awesome. Can't imagine going back to non-wireless headphones while doing sports.

1.0 out of 5 stars Started with promise, but failed within 5 weeks, 2 Sep 2014
A. Dury "Jukeboxs" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
These started well, but failed within 5 weeks - the failure being they began to power down after 20 minutes of use (despite being fully charged), and they would not power up again until recharged again. However, they had been fine for the first 5 weeks, holding their charge for over 5 hours. So, maybe I was just unlucky (e.g. with a faulty battery). This is the second pair of bluetooth cordless headphones that have failed on me within the first 6 weeks, the previous pair being a pair of Motorola S11 Flex HDs.

I think I'll give the Jaybird's another chance and order a replacement pair (Amazon have kindly offered a full refund on these), as the sound quality of these was excellent. Hopefully 2nd time lucky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones poor customer care from Jaybird., 24 Dec 2014
These are great headphones. I'm not a musical expert but they have the best sound I've heard from earbuds. I bought them because they are bluetooth so I could use them for running. I use them everyday for running and as a hands free set in the car.
The down side is the price although they are cheaper than they were. I am now on my second pair as a fault developed in one of the earbuds on my first set, the connection would click in and out. As they were over a year old at that point the retailer ( not Amazon) refered me to Jaybird. They still have not responded.
In short I really like the earphones but jaybird customer care is pretty much non existent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Consider your ear type and cost!, 20 Jan 2014
I've recently started to change the way in which I do my workouts in the gym and whilst out running and noticed that my cable was always getting in the way. To that end I decided to purchase some wireless headphones and after some research I found these at the top of a few well structured reviews (except on amazon).

When they arrived they actually seemed to appear bigger in real life than on the pictures, I bought the white pair and looked like the Lieutenant out of star trek!

I found setting up connection and understanding of the functions extremely easy. What I found the most difficult part was trying to get the damn things to fit my ears and stay in without hurting after a while. I found the point of the securing system would push into my ear and cause a little discomfort. I also found that they were so awkward to fit that it took me hours of messing about to finally give up!

Please take the fitting into consideration when purchasing, not everybody has the same shape ears and what will work for you may not work for another! Suffice to say; I seem to have abnormal ears! However, if you can get them to work; then good for you!

I also think these are a little expensive in comparison to the Motorola alternative mentioned below!

I would also consider looking at the Motorola S11 Flex. These arrived in the post today and although look big on the pictures; it's surprisingly quite small and the fit is literally perfect for me!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Earphones, 13 Sep 2014
Adam (SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very impressed with these. The sound quality is brilliant, the range is good and the connectivity is second to none.

I had to get the comply foam tips with these as they just take them to a slightly higher level in terms of isolation, comfort and bass.

I previously tried the backbeats go 2 wireless headphones which had some connectivity problems, but even then, the quality they produced was far lower than these.

You get what you pay for! Had thse for a couple months now so hoping I have no issues like a couple of others.