on 28 January 2009
I bought this book to educate myself about the history of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Its a small book and an easy read. Initially I wasn't sure I liked the question / answer format but came to appreciate it very much.
on 23 September 2014
A great introduction to the history, politics and tragedies of the conflict in Palestine and Israel. It obviously needs to be updated considering the Israeli government's latest acts of genocide in Gaza but nonetheless this book is a perfect starting point for anyone seeking to make sense of the region.
on 5 September 2014
This is the best concise introduction to the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis
on 17 August 2014
It should be noted that this book is promoted by the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions political movement against Israel. There are times when I as a reader, feel like I am being mislead by this book. I wish the author would just stick to the facts rather than seek to score some political points. Quotations are given but there is no referencing section. Sweeping generalisations are made with no evidence provided. This book lacks the authenticity and credibility that I long for in seeking to understand a little more about the middle-east crises.
on 22 September 2014