Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 14 February 2013
I absolutely love this album! I bought it after hearing 'So Wonderful' on Radio 2 and then 'You're Not Right For Me' - which is now my favourite song of all time. It is part jazz, part country, part blues, part pop and her voice is totally unique. It does remind you of Dolly Parton in the early years at times but also Doris Day, Crystal Gayle, Billie Holiday and others. Such a wonderful listen - highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
Thank the lord for TV adverts - without the ISME ad I would have missed out on Emilia.
Most new CD's, even from established artists, only have a few really good tracks and the rest are fillers. Not with this CD - 14 tracks and everyone a gem. Superb orchestrations - with most tracks allowing great instrumental solos.
Yes she sounds a bit like Norah Jones, Billie Holiday etc - but she is also her own woman!!
The new material is great - intelligent lyrics and fine melodies. The "standards" she interprets superbly. Most artists, like Michael Buble for instance, do not bring anything fresh to the "old tune" - but simply copy the original. Not on this CD - every standard is a fresh interpretation.
The best new CD of 2013!!!! Can't stop playing it!!!
on 9 April 2013
I bought this album the day after I saw her perform at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Alfie Boe tour - and I CANNOT stop listening to it! It's something new and fresh, but with a beautifully vintage sound. If you're unsure of the sound, listen to it on Spotify - you won't be disappointed! I'm in love!
on 16 February 2013
This is CD album is all that I was hoping for and more. 14 tracks for under £9 is not only a bargain but a treat.
Emilia's voice on various songs brings to mind Billie Holiday, Corinne Bailey-Rae and even Dolly Parton. If your a fan of either of those singers, you'll loved this. The production by Anders Hansson is impecable is sublime. My only disappointment regarding this product is the lack of publicity by the label, Warner Bros. If you have the money to sign an artist of this quality, it stands to reason to publicly support such an act. For me, if you like your music on the posh shelf, buy this :-)
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2013
I ordered this cd purely on reviews in Sunday newspapers and magazines. I had never heard of Emilia Mitiku before but thought I would give her a listen as it sounded like my kind of music in the reviews. It did not dissapoint! Her voice is quirky and different. In some songs she remended me of a young Dolly Parton and in others musically of Madeline Peroux and MP is one of my all time favourites.A lovley cd to listen to. Even on the old songs she manages to make them sound 'new'.
on 25 June 2014
I dance to one of the tracks on this album....zu bisou bisou which inspired me to buy and it is lovely. Emilia has a distinctive clear voice and can sing modern or retro so well. Well worth having in your collection.
on 13 December 2013
This arrived this morning and hasn't stopped playing since! Wonderful music, lovely silky voice and varied songs. First heard her on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch Playlist and thought Wow! got to have. Very relaxing to listen to, we want more of this please!! Buy it you won't be disappointed !
on 5 October 2013
I'd never heard of Emilia Mitiku before I bought this - I'd checked her out from an Amazon reccomendation. So glad I did, as her voice & the songs are superb !.

The tone/style of the album is a bit jazz like, so if that's your thing - buy it !!!
on 25 March 2013
I first heard Emilia on radio 2 and fell in love with her voice after hearing a couple of bars of her song , I immediately looked her up on utube and after listening to a few more songs I decided I had to pre order her album and I was not disappointed I can't wait to hear more from this artist
on 20 July 2013
I play this album all the time, three friends have bought it after hearing it on my player, would recommend it as a gift . I sing along all the time or dance, it's brilliant and she has amazing voice. Great songs.