Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 9 April 2013
I bought this album the day after I saw her perform at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Alfie Boe tour - and I CANNOT stop listening to it! It's something new and fresh, but with a beautifully vintage sound. If you're unsure of the sound, listen to it on Spotify - you won't be disappointed! I'm in love!
on 14 February 2013
I absolutely love this album! I bought it after hearing 'So Wonderful' on Radio 2 and then 'You're Not Right For Me' - which is now my favourite song of all time. It is part jazz, part country, part blues, part pop and her voice is totally unique. It does remind you of Dolly Parton in the early years at times but also Doris Day, Crystal Gayle, Billie Holiday and others. Such a wonderful listen - highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
Thank the lord for TV adverts - without the ISME ad I would have missed out on Emilia.
Most new CD's, even from established artists, only have a few really good tracks and the rest are fillers. Not with this CD - 14 tracks and everyone a gem. Superb orchestrations - with most tracks allowing great instrumental solos.
Yes she sounds a bit like Norah Jones, Billie Holiday etc - but she is also her own woman!!
The new material is great - intelligent lyrics and fine melodies. The "standards" she interprets superbly. Most artists, like Michael Buble for instance, do not bring anything fresh to the "old tune" - but simply copy the original. Not on this CD - every standard is a fresh interpretation.
The best new CD of 2013!!!! Can't stop playing it!!!
on 6 April 2013
Beautiful melodic easy listening.
We love Madeline Peyroux and Nora Jones, so if you like them, you will like this
on 27 April 2013
Wonderful voice and clarity. If you want to sit back and enjoy then this lady will tick the box. Smashing.
on 12 February 2013
The change to a more jazzy style is a succes in my opinion ! Emilia has a beautiful voice and it comes to its right on this cd.Hopefully she follow up the jazzy style on her comming cd's
on 7 May 2013
I first heard of Ms Mitiku thanks to a number of the tracks on this album being played on BBC Radio 2; however, it is quite a surprise to see it categorised as Jazz, although I guess that is because I have a stereotyped impression of the genre. This is sufficiently middle of the road that most listeners will enjoy it.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this album as it is a stunning collection of songs, the majority of them written by Emilia in collaboration with Anders Hansson and Sharon Vaughn; and truly showcases her wonderful singing voice.

The songs generally revolve around affairs of the heart, in both positive and negative ways; perhaps subsequent offerings may offer more in the way of variety of topic than love lost and found.

My favourite would be one of the songs that I first heard on the radio, "You're Not Right For Me", but there is not much to choose between a number of these such as title track "I Belong To You", "Lost Inside" and "So Wonderful".

Emilia, you are right for me; and I expect for many others.
on 16 February 2013
This is CD album is all that I was hoping for and more. 14 tracks for under £9 is not only a bargain but a treat.
Emilia's voice on various songs brings to mind Billie Holiday, Corinne Bailey-Rae and even Dolly Parton. If your a fan of either of those singers, you'll loved this. The production by Anders Hansson is impecable is sublime. My only disappointment regarding this product is the lack of publicity by the label, Warner Bros. If you have the money to sign an artist of this quality, it stands to reason to publicly support such an act. For me, if you like your music on the posh shelf, buy this :-)
on 17 May 2013
A fabulous album. A great mix of songs.Emilia has a voice like pure silk, every track is Wonderful So Wonderful!
on 11 March 2013
....I bought this CD having not heard anything by this lady, although it was on promotion in Asda.

In the main, it is a very nice CD to listen too - particularly late at night or when relaxing.

If I were to make a criticism, at one point I thought I was listening to Dolly Parton and at another point I thought I was listening to Billie Holiday - In the main, I preferred the more Billie Holiday jazz style, which I really do like - simply a preference.

I am not disappointed with my purchase - just a couple of little points that I think would have made it even more enjoyable.

I think I will get more enjoyment from it each time I listen to it.