5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh but vintage!
I bought this album the day after I saw her perform at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Alfie Boe tour - and I CANNOT stop listening to it! It's something new and fresh, but with a beautifully vintage sound. If you're unsure of the sound, listen to it on Spotify - you won't be disappointed! I'm in love!
Published 19 months ago by LittleWaterLily

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
It is enjoyable, mellow and by no means bad and with hints that the next CD could be even better
Published 20 months ago by Giles

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh but vintage!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album! Packed with amazing songs and a perfect dinner party soundtrack., 14 Feb 2013
A. Hanna (South London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album! I bought it after hearing 'So Wonderful' on Radio 2 and then 'You're Not Right For Me' - which is now my favourite song of all time. It is part jazz, part country, part blues, part pop and her voice is totally unique. It does remind you of Dolly Parton in the early years at times but also Doris Day, Crystal Gayle, Billie Holiday and others. Such a wonderful listen - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album!!!, 27 Sep 2013
M. A. Dunnington (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
Thank the lord for TV adverts - without the ISME ad I would have missed out on Emilia.
Most new CD's, even from established artists, only have a few really good tracks and the rest are fillers. Not with this CD - 14 tracks and everyone a gem. Superb orchestrations - with most tracks allowing great instrumental solos.
Yes she sounds a bit like Norah Jones, Billie Holiday etc - but she is also her own woman!!
The new material is great - intelligent lyrics and fine melodies. The "standards" she interprets superbly. Most artists, like Michael Buble for instance, do not bring anything fresh to the "old tune" - but simply copy the original. Not on this CD - every standard is a fresh interpretation.
The best new CD of 2013!!!! Can't stop playing it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whay a voice, 27 April 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
Wonderful voice and clarity. If you want to sit back and enjoy then this lady will tick the box. Smashing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow I love it, 6 April 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
Beautiful melodic easy listening.
We love Madeline Peyroux and Nora Jones, so if you like them, you will like this

5.0 out of 5 stars I Belong To You....Emelia Mitiku, 17 May 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
A fabulous album. A great mix of songs.Emilia has a voice like pure silk, every track is Wonderful So Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it !, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
The change to a more jazzy style is a succes in my opinion ! Emilia has a beautiful voice and it comes to its right on this cd.Hopefully she follow up the jazzy style on her comming cd's

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 16 Feb 2013
Richard Steel (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
This is CD album is all that I was hoping for and more. 14 tracks for under £9 is not only a bargain but a treat.
Emilia's voice on various songs brings to mind Billie Holiday, Corinne Bailey-Rae and even Dolly Parton. If your a fan of either of those singers, you'll loved this. The production by Anders Hansson is impecable is sublime. My only disappointment regarding this product is the lack of publicity by the label, Warner Bros. If you have the money to sign an artist of this quality, it stands to reason to publicly support such an act. For me, if you like your music on the posh shelf, buy this :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Lady, 3 July 2014
Mr. Gerald F. Hope (Cardiff UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
Saw a very heavily pregnant Emilia in Cardiff with Alfie Boe - thought she was great - unfortunately so did everyone else as they sold out of her CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
I dance to one of the tracks on this album....zu bisou bisou which inspired me to buy and it is lovely. Emilia has a distinctive clear voice and can sing modern or retro so well. Well worth having in your collection.

I Belong To You