on 4 June 2015
I have been using professional shearing equipment to shear a flock of sheep. I have downsized the flock and needed to get something for occasional use as my back refuses to work with me for a job like shearing and I intend to get young people in to do it for me. I had handled an older, heavier, version of this type of clipper and read quite a few reviews. Although I was pretty dubious about the ability of the product to do the job I thought it was worth trying at the price of £80.
When it arrived it's first job was to dag out 45 very mucky, thick winter coated, cheviot ewes. I set up my new £1000 turnover crate and started passing the ewes through. The crate failed, but the clippers did just fine.
My observations:-
They are noisy:- They are really not much louder than a professional lister set up. If you have a generator going as well you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Sheep just don't like being sheared, so perhaps it's not the noise that causes the problem.
They are heavy:- They are heavier than a professional set up, but you are not going to use them to shear 15 ewes an hour, day in, day out. If you can do this, you will want a pro set and i can get you work to pay for it. They are fine for a dozen sheep, the odd fly issue and dagging.
They overheat:- I did the same as I do with pro gear and rest them in a small container of oil between sheep. (Not sure if this is a good tip.) So that the blades are immersed in the oil. Keep them well oiled and I have had no problem.

My only criticism at this point is the blades don't seem to be the best quality. By the end of 45 ewes they were starting to get a bit sticky. But whatever machine you use you will need to replace blades.
on 11 August 2013
Does the job what more can I say. Ran it off a small petrol driven generator. 1st sheep ever took an hour. Down to 15mins. It will be a while before I'm competing at the Yorkshire show. Equipment no problem. Was being careful obviously. Lots of scare stories on internet about cutting sheep but no problems. Plenty tips on u tube.
on 15 July 2014
Bought these to shear my 4 pet sheep. Decided to do them ourselves as we were fed up of them looking like blue and white dalmations due to the number of cuts (sprayed with blue spray) they endjured after the 'professionals' had sheared them - speed doesnt necessary equal skill!

As a first time shearer I found these simple enought to use. I have 3 sheep with lanolin laiden fleeces, you could hear the clippers slowing down as they became clogged up, so just needed to clean off the lanolin part way through each sheep and then we could continue. Not much of an issue to me but might be an issue if you have more than 4 to do and were short of time.

Used the stock blades that came with them and found them fit for my purpose.

Machine was easy to take apart at the end to clean up.
on 21 October 2013
I bought these Sheep Shears Clippers as I was having problems with Blow Fly and I was losing sheep. I looked locally for the product as I needed them quickly. The only once I could get hold off were 3 x the price. I decided to order my Sheep Shears Clippers from Amazon and they arrived quicker than promised just when I needed them. Their early arrival saved one off my sheep as I could sheer off the whole fleece that evening.
on 21 March 2014
For the price these shears are great for dagging my small flock. I've got small hands and was a bit worried about the size and weight of it but it was fine. I wouldn't want to use it on too many sheep in one session though as the weight coupled with the vibration got tiring relatively quickly. One thing I noticed was that it got hot very quickly no matter how much I adjusted it/oiled. But I forgive it at that price.
on 20 June 2014
Having used 3 different types of shears in the last 5 years this has been by far the best.
The weight is similar to other shears but the extra power makes all the difference.
The first cheap option, the motor burnt out. The second pair, more power but the head became loose and the blades wouldn't stay in. This pair seemed more secure in the head construction and the motor coped with our few sheep no problem and didn't get too hot. We have Dorset horn so wool is very thick and it did a very good job. The price reduction was great and we will get our money back next year compared to having to get someone in to the job.
A better guide to how to set up the blades for first timers would be beneficial but a quick online search can solve this problem. If kept clean and maintained I can see these shears lasting a good few years...
on 26 June 2014
the other reviews on here make these clippers sound great and on receieving them I also thought OK, these look fine.. they did one sheep when one of the blade bolts sheared off.. that was OK, we carried on, sheep two.... a plastic piece on the side came free without me noticing and I electrocuted myself!! So, for me, disappointed and really an expensive paperweight.. though if sure clip want to replace my set I will happily give them another go!
on 15 July 2013
pleased that lister cutters and combs fit Ok for small numbers but not too sure about durability Seems fine though
on 26 June 2014
Fantastic. I only have 50 sheep and clip a few at a time as & when I get them in. These are perfect. Quick & easy to set up. I was worried the hand piece was a little large for me but not a problem and it doesn't get hot either. Ideal for dagging & blowfly strike as well. Just can't fault them.
on 15 December 2013
already got lister cattle clippers that were 3x the price and these were a dream to clip the cows with sailed through the hairy ones makes a change no tantrums and throwing things about not even any swearing ,,,,,well might be exagerating now but honestly well worth the money ...happy bunny