Top critical review
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Nice at first but smelt rancid after a short period of time
on 11 December 2015
When I first opened this lip balm, I was excited as I had wanted to try it for a long time. I saw that it had good reviews so far so was tempted to buy it as I wanted a lip balm that was a bit more moisturising for winter and one just for the sake of having a different scent.
It has a faint raspberry smell; you hardly notice any pomegranate.
Texture & Shape
It has a nice, thick texture and the good thing about the shape of it is that it feels nice along the lips when applying as it feels like it cradles your lips due to the wider surface area of the standard lip tubes.
After owning this product for only a few months, already it seems to smell a bit rancid. I only managed to get through about 1/3 of the product before it started to smell off and that was me using it regularly. The product would have been completely durable if it hadn't had gone rancid as it is nice and thick in texture meaning that you don't need to apply too often.
I found that it didn't particularly moisturise my lips any more so than my Burt's Bees lip balm, but I liked the scent how it was not overpowering, the natural ingredients and the texture of the product whilst using and the feel of it whilst applying to my lips. It does keep them moisturised for long enough though! Only down side I would say is that it's not very durable.
- Smell is not overpowering
- Moisturises the lips but you still need to be drinking enough water and getting the right vitamins to keep lips moist in general
- Feels massaging on the lips when applying due to wide surface area
- The shape can be awkward to carry around in your pocket or small pockets in your bag as it is very spherical in shape, about the size of a big marble.
- It's not very durable in terms of smell (unless you don't mind using slightly rancid smelling lip balm!) so would be more suited to someone who maybe uses it wayyy more than me. I would only apply once a day or every other day.