Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 March 2013
If like me you,ve been an Incognito fan at any time in the last thirty plus years, you'll probably buy this album blind.
You won't be disappointed at all if you do, with Bluey covering all bases here. Jazz Funk Soul House Latin all get the treatment. All but two tracks are Bluey and Richard Bull compositions, with (for me) the standout being the mid tempo'Take a Chance On Me'.Great vocals, wonderful chorus and a wicked bass line. Reminds me of 'Don Blackman'. The two out and out dance/house tracks are the ones not written by the pair. Bluey teams up with Ski Oakenfull for 'Ain't Nobody's Business' and Simon Grey for 'Why Did I Let You Go'. Both have their co writers signiture sound all over them. Both top quality. 'If You Really Wanna' and 'Sky' Have that Summery Latin Jazz feel.Just right for those sunny hazzy day's if they ever return. Bluey stretches his vocals on 'Keep Myself Together' with some nice falsetoes. 'Got To Let My Feelings show' with its 'Back Together Again' groove is the first single and is getting plenty of airplay on all the soul stations. All 'n' all,this will be one of the albums of the year for me and for you too hopefully. This man comes up with the goods time and time again and deserves all the support in the world. If for some unknown reason you are not familiar with Bluey but are reading this anyway, just Take a 'LEAP OF FAITH' and buy or download it.
Nuff said.
Keep the faith...
Peter Warlow. Portsmouth UK.
on 26 March 2013
I totally agree with first reviewer that this album has all the hallmarks of a true professional who has learnt his craft over 30 years and knows exactly what his audience wants.
From all his incarnations as being Mr Incognito via LOTW this has it all
I just love every track and it covers every base as far as soul & funk music is concerned
Just pure genius and to use a phrase too widely used for my liking however totally justified Mr Maunick is a Brit Funk LEGEND
If you don't buy this you'll regret it forever
on 29 December 2014
Whenever you purchase an album the true test of its worth is when you play it a second time and realise that you are probably going to be playing it to death from this point onwards.

I bought this as an Incognito fan wondering what Bluey would be like as a solo artist. My opinion will be revealed at the end of my review but what I can reveal is that this feels like its full of material that isn't Incognito friendly. Basically, Bluey is a very talented musician, he knows his strengths and he also knows that producing an album in the shadow of his greatest work (Incognito) is no easy task, as he is leaving himself open to critisium. Thankfully he has put together a really good selection of great songs.

My feeling is that he is influenced by the early 90's feel of acid jazz. This is such a smooth album and so refreshing to hear. Yes it does sometimes feel a bit like his Incognito work but how can it not? However, this is a solo artist at work and it really works well.

My opinion is that this is a good album but its not just a listen once piece of work. Its good first time round but it gets better the more familiar you become with it. When I listen to it I instantly get transported to an ealier more care free time in my life. This album has it all, so take the 'Leap of faith' it really is bliss.
on 11 June 2013
Quite a few surprises on this album and Bluey can sing! Who knew? Not a great soul voice but better than I expected. The guests though are mega and the album is well worth a listen/purchase and not as typical of Incognito as I expected either.
on 21 April 2013
With all that's been written thus far: As a long time follower of "Incog" even back as far as "Light of the World" days, I just bought this end of March and have not been dissapointed with it in any way. This is great solo album from Bluey and deserves all the good vibes and appreciation it gets. Outstanding in so many area's; songs, vocals, backing vocals, and of course the usual superb musician-ship and prodution of a very enjoyable and rich album: I look forward to the next one ?

Rave on & take it easy
on 19 April 2013
The previous reviewers Peter Warlock and Dave the Funketeer describe it more articulately than I can. This album has that fantastic Incognito sound and yet is also up to date. It just gets better and better with every listen. Bluey deserves all the accolades he is getting for it.
on 19 June 2013
I had never heard of this guy before, just listen to the first track, the beat just has you hooked.His voice is just sublime, very easy to get hooked on this kind of music, the only dissapointment is I could only find this one album, I can't wait for another
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2013
This album is a must for anyone who appreciates good music in their collection. The smooth, soulful numbers recorded for this album make for some enjoyable listening, whether you're chilling out in relaxed surroundings, or cruising the open road :-)
on 28 May 2013
I love the sound of Bluey's voice - this is an album to listen to on a Summer day with a cold drink in your hand, or after a really bad day at work, when you need to de-stress. His soulful voice will ease your troubles. Switch on, sit back, enjoy!
on 23 April 2013
I've been listening to this album again and again, whether in the car, at home or whilst out on the mp3 player. Every track is good, there is a good diversity from the unmistakable Bluey / Incognito sound to something deeper and darker. Love it!