I`ve had one of these for many years and always keep it attached to my bike, its saved me many times, mainly when my main pump has gone missing. The kit weighs 485 grams and there is space in the bag for additions you may want. The bag attaches to your cross bar with Velcro fastenings which in many years have never failed.

Pump: The pump is schrader/presta...
Published on 17 Sep 2012 by Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It handy little kit
Arrived two days after ordering, well packaged. Used it to repair a puncture less than two weeks after buying, not used the multi tool but it seem quite sturdy and fits all on the bike.the pump is very small but it does work but so do you!
Published on 2 Jun 2010 by D. Beastall

4.0 out of 5 stars Great emergency bike tool kit with schrader/presta compatible pump., 17 Sep 2012
Charles (Europe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)

Pump: The pump is schrader/presta compatible (some reviews are in error). It comes set for schrader, for presta: Unscrew the cap at the valve end, remove the rubber insert (pull lever to assist) and you will find a little orange part, remove and reverse for presta (nipple faces in), re-attach the rubber insert reversing that too (small hole to outside) replace the cap and your done. The pump is very small though so it takes some work to get a decent pressure.

I`ve used the puncture repair kit a number of times with permanent success, though oddly it is missing chalk. There are only two plastic tyre levers but they are adequate for the job.

The multi-tool is very handy, but be aware it is missing some tools and some are impossible to use due to positioning. It has 2,2.5,3,4,5,6 & 8 mm hex (allen) keys, strait, cross point & 1/4" drivers, 8,9,10mm 1/4" drive sockets, 8, 10 & 15mm open ended spanner plus .136" spoke key marked 14G (a single piece so limited use). For me the missing pieces are a 14mm 1/4" drive socket (some may need a 12mm version), a six way spoke key and a link-remover.

Overall, an essential emergency kit I would not be without, just be aware of the limitations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter kit, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
I ordered this product as I wanted something cheap incase I got a puncture. For the price its a good product. I owned it for about a week and then sure enough the inevitable happened and I got a punture (thorn in my tyre). Was a bit weary about the tyre leavers being plastic but needn't have woried as they got the tyre off no problem they are surprisingly sturdy. Punture kit is basic but did the job no problems and within 10 minutes I was on the go again. The one thing I would say is the spanner on the multi tool is not the greatest and if I had needed to remove my tyre completely I would have been snookered as it was pretty awful to use thats the only reason im marking this down from 5 stars. Carry a proper spanner and your laughing. The pump is good and the case it comes in is nice. Overall I was happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
THE GOOD:
The multitool is amazing. I would be more than happy to pay the price for that alone. The allen keys work beautifully and there are 7 not 6 (there are 6 physical keys but the last one is a cap that fits on the largest one), but what I really like is that unlike conventional allen keys where it's difficult to tighten when using the long end, you don't get that here. And obviously the others tools work as good as others. There are three wrenches that add onto a spoke (8,9,10mm). The hand pump works on a schrader valve not sure about presta (if you don't know which one you have google them) but it's small so you're going to be pumping for a while. Tyre levers make changing wheels so much easier so no complaints there. Finally in the repair kit you get 9 assorted size patches, rubber cement, a metal scourer and 2 rubber tubes to mend any broken valves. Bearing in mind that I only use these as a temporary fix (just enough to be able to get home to change my inner) these have worked fine with no complaints.

THE BAD:
The wrenches that come with the multitool only goes up to 10mm any bigger and you're going to need something else. There's a blade with wrench indents for 15mm but it's been useless as a wrench. I also found that almost immediately after I got this the tool became loose, but was able to easily tighten it easily with another allen key. The pump is also very fiddly and requires getting used to with a fair amount of trial and error.

FINAL COMMENT:
Solid bargain. I would recommend this to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It handy little kit, 2 Jun 2010
D. Beastall (Oxford (U. K.)) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper 73186 Bicycle Tool Kit, 25 Feb 2011
tone1428 "Tone" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
This is a terrific bargain priced piece of kit, ideal for velcroing to your handlebars or frame with the built in straps.one of the previous reviewers mentioned that the pump looked like hard work....not so,it may be small but works a treat.
I am well pleased with this tool kit,and after using most of the tools I have to say all the bits work very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Presta Valve, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
See a lot of reviews saying the pump doesn't work with presta valve, I thought this was the case until I took the front nozzle off the pump and I was able to turn it around, it now works with my Presta valve so don't be put off by this. The tools are great, find myself using them around the house too, the holder doesn't look great and not the greatest for a road bike so I would recommend getting a different one. Hope this helps, note to draper - you should really look at putting an instruction manual in the product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
I have found this little set very good, I have used the tools time and time again to make adjustments fix punctures etc. It is a shame the case does not fit under the seat otherwise i would have given it five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
For the kit it has packed in to it, this is the best small bicycle tool kit I've come across. The price is keen too. The only down side is that it fastens to the bike with velcro fasteners. This means it could quickly and easily be stolen (albeit very unlikely).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bicycle Tool Kit, 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
excelent product, does what it says on the tin, delivery exceptional, actually got the product before shipping date, quickest delivery yet. well done

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, could use an extra part., 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
This is a very handy little kit, it's compact and the tools inside should have every alan key you will ever need. Not to mention some spanner pieces, and everything necessary to remove a tyre, repair a puncture and refill the tyre. This also has everything you'll need to tighten break pads and such.

The only thing that I found I needed an extra tool for was when I removed my rear wheel. I needed a separate wrench. Such a wrench could fairly easily fit into the pack and can be bought fairly cheaply, so I won't fixate on this point.

A very good product, and a good price. Recommend!

Draper Bicycle Tool Kit