5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing quality printer!
Great printer! We've only had it a couple of weeks but it it does everything it should. The extra large ink was a nice touch too. The main reason we went for this printer was the low cost of ink. Also this was by far the best value deal we could find. And believe me, I did my research!
Published 5 months ago by John B

1.0 out of 5 stars You GeT What You Pay For
Published 14 months ago by pressjohn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars You GeT What You Pay For, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Brother DCP-197C - multifunction (printer / copier / scanner) (colour) (same as DCP-195C) - Starter inks removed, XL High Capacity Inks Included (Electronics)
I recently purchased this DCP-197C as an identical replacement for my previous model , the last one just clogged up through lack of use (my own fault) . The quality of the photos are no where near as good as my previous identical model . After contacting the seller and explaining the problem , they offered me my money back which I was very happy with , but as I liked my previous model so much I decided to keep it , so i sent Brother an email regarding the issue , and they responded very quickly , then had their own technical man phone me . We went through all the settings on my laptop but still couldn't get anywhere near the same quality print using the same paper etc . I did run out of the original magenta and had to use an alternative just to set my printer up , but the engineer said I need to use a brother cartridge in order to eliminate none original ink issues . having said that , I still could not get a satisfactory result even when using a full set of brother inks , regardless of the settings on my laptop . This could be a faulty printer and as yet , the problem has not been resolved , but brother service is still helping me out

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing quality printer!, 15 Mar 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing so far, 23 Dec 2013
1) The digital information display can only be read if you place your head close to it and directy over the top, even then it needs a torch
2) It is agonisingly slow to print, particularly photos
3) It often fails to print anything even though it feeds the paper and makes the right printing type noises
4) It tends to print aother copy of the previous document when you send a new one to it
4) It is so light that you need three hands to open the paper cassette - one to hold the printer and two to open the tray.

I bought it because my friends say how long the ink lasts compared with other printers but the downsides are more than the ink advantage. I am considering having to return it

5.0 out of 5 stars bargainprinter, 2 Jun 2014
same as my old [dcp-197c] after 5yrs my grandson is using it.wanted something easy to use this is great even for a 79yr old brian

4.0 out of 5 stars Brother multifunction, 14 May 2013
I'm very happy with my first brother. You may find very cheap inks. Easy to work and use for yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm and you don't have to buy their cartridges so it's also very cheap to run., 2 April 2013
Perfect for home use a great combination of flexiblity useability reliability and cheapness to run, not a great Photo Printer though it can do some quite reasonable photo's - but for everything else its up to scratch at any job. A Great Buy give it A Try. I am sure that you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Mr. M. Harrison (england) - See all my reviews
good printer and the inks have no chips on them

1.0 out of 5 stars I would suggest this machine is not a good, 7 July 2014
R. C. Hussey "reg_1932" (Shetland ZE2 9TD) - See all my reviews
Will not print in colour.I would suggest this machine is not a good desigtn

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Jun 2014
very good for the money

3.0 out of 5 stars brother printer, 9 Jun 2014
disappointed with the printing colours nowhere near as good as my old Epsom and when I came to register it for the guarantee it would not recognise the serial number, complained about this but received no response at all took ages to set up as it did not like the compatible cartridges, which I might add was what was advised to buy with this printer
so is my printer guaranteed or not???????

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›