4.0 out of 5 stars iPad 2 and three-quarters! Buy from GTR (updated 19th Nov)
Recieved my tablet yesterday morning from GTR Electronics - fantastic service from them as arrived within 2 days, Chinese apps disabled and a UK user guide provided. I wouldn't recommend buying from anywhere else.

Published 23 months ago by Tablet_Surfer

Had I written this review within the first week, it would have been a 4* or 5* rating, for value and quality and easy of use, once you get past the fact that everything arrives in chinese including the manual, but you can watch a really informative video on U Tube.

Published 23 months ago by Phil Fisher

2.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet but died after less than 2 weeks - update 1 month on, 22 May 2013
This review is from: BW® Ployer Momo20s - 10.1 Inch Quad Core Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN - 1280 x 800 Resolution; WIFI; QUAD CORE - 4 X CORTEX A7 (4 x 1.2GHz); 8 X PowerVR GPUs; 10 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - Dual Camera 1.3MP Front & 2.0MP Rear Camera's - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible (Personal Computers)

The only problem is that it died after two weeks, would not switch on, I suspect it is acharging issue, the seller has volunteered to refund the cost, but as they are based in china, it might be a while but I will post a rating once I get the money back, but their feedback indicates that this should be okay - fingers crossed.

Having had the experience of the tablet, I have decided to go more upmarket and get a Samsung replacement, but if you get one without the charging issue, they are excellent value for money.

Update

To follow up from this review, I have sent the tablet back to China, heard nothing from the supplier, not had any refund or replacement tablet, I have contacted Ployer the manufacturer and received no response, so in regard to after sales service, I think to say this is NIL, so whilst it was good whilst it lasted, I wouldn't deal with the company or the supplier again

4.0 out of 5 stars iPad 2 and three-quarters! Buy from GTR (updated 19th Nov), 24 May 2013

I'm a long time Android user (started on 1.6!) so have no difficulties getting used to how it works and it's nice to have an unskinned Android interface.

My first impressions are:

Wifi - I know some people have had troubles but mine is excellent. My router is stuck behind the telly in a corner of the lounge and I can use the tablet 20/30 feet away through ceilings and a thick stone wall into the kitchen with no problems. Connection once established hasn't dropped to less than 2 bars anywhere in the house.

Performance for general tasks such as Browsing, PDF reading, Gmail, Youtube etc is great - everything is working smoothly and no lagging I can see. It really snaps through web pages.

Screen - very good for the price but not oustanding. I find it is great on pages with a white background and videos are superb but not so good on darker shades - it's a little washed out(this is with the screen turned up to maximum brightness). However as I've used an Ipad Retina screen a lot that's unfair but hard not to compare the IPS screen of the Ployer to it. But for the price I can't fault it really. Having used an Ipad 2 for a few weeks previously this is just as good.

Games - not a serious gamer so can't really comment but simple things like Angry Birds look and run great. I'm sure my 13 year old son will find out a lot more on this front.

Battery - hard to comment yet but I used it on and off for 4 hours yesterday and it was down to 40% charge. I would guess in constant heavy use 4-5 would be the max. I'm quite happy with it.

Connections - haven't tried the USB or HDMI yet so can't comment. Cables all included in the box so will do soon.

Quality / Asthetics - Looks and feels a nice piece of kit. Everything on mine is nicely put together and feels solid. Exception to this is the big ugly charger - I guess that's where the money is saved on these cheap tablets. Charger fits okay into the tablet - needs a firm push in but is fine. I've ordered a generic case for under £10 so we'll see if that fits when it arrives.

Overall - this is a real bargain. In my opinion this is better in every way than an Ipad 2 and is half the price - and buying from GTR I have piece of mind if anything goes wrong.

Go out and buy one! (from GTR).

UPDATE 11/6:

Quick update after 3 weeks. Getting about 8 hours+ usage with normal browsing, music, reading etc.

Wi-fi connection seems to go to sleep when the tablet goes on standby and can take 30 seconds to re-connect when it wakes up but that's not too much of a problem. I've just extended the tablet sleep timing to 30 minutes so it stays awake longer.

Other than that no problems - nothing lags or crashes. Some apps on Google Play not optimised for tablet but that's not the tablet's fault. Most games run well but not hammered it on that front.

Our family has the whole range of tablets from a dirt cheap 7 inch A10 right up to an iPad 4 and I would say this fits in between iPad 2 and iPad 3 territory - not as slick as an iPad 4, better than an iPad 2 and miles ahead of the A10 based 7 incher.

I initially thought screen wasn't so good (when compared to iPad 4) but it's great for browsing and videos.

Got a nice tailor-made case for it which protects it well.

Still very impressed.

Update 21st Aug:

I updated the firmware on my tablet to Android 4.2 last weekend. Whilst there was basically nothing wrong with it before it did have the odd 'not responding' error , the odd app crash and wireless sometimes took a while to start when coming out of sleep mode/starting up.

Since the update I've not had a hint of a crash. It's really a great tablet now - smooth and fast and wireless connections are more or less instant on power on.

I had to re-install my apps for the Google Play Store but that was a minor thing (Google keeps a record of all apps across your devices so this is easy to do).

Definitely recommend doing this if you are experiencing problems. It's not that easy to do though - you need to be a bit techy - for instructions Google Momo 20 and go to the SlateDriod link and you will find help there.

Update 19th Nov: Well 6 months into my ownership and I can safely say still very impressed with this tablet for the price.

With my upgraded 4.2 firmware this is very stable and responsive and rarely has any issues (one or 2 app crashes but nothing more than any Andriod phone I've owned).

I use it every day for browsing, email and Youtube etc and for this sort of thing it's just perfect. It's replaced our in-car DVD player for our 4 year old as it's so much easier having a few movies etc on one device you can just strap to the back of a car seat.

Could it be improved - sure. Bluetooth / GPS would have been nice but I've got that on my phone so not a problem really. Maybe a better screen but then I could have just paid more for a retina class tablet.

Really for less than £150 it's great value and will keep me happy for a while (until a fast 10 inch mainstream retina tablet <£200 comes out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I waited and Purchased This, 11 April 2013
Absolutely awesome product for the price. No, absolutely awesome. Price is another tick. It is well packaged, would look great for a present. User manual is a bit "basic", but hey, we all have the internet right. I've had to eat humble pie, because I made a resolute statement some time ago, "I don't need no tablet". Take it all back. Sound good, visual is great as well as streaming. Use google drive to add another free 5Gb space, put in a 32gb micro card and usb feed, google play has been reliable for compatibility. No down sides. I'm a tattoo artist. My friend has an iPad, with kwik draw on it, for testing designs. Done everything he can with the right screen locker and photoshop/sketchpro apps. In fact mine beats it hands down and there's also the screenshot option in the taskbar. AAAAAA+

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, 20 Jun. 2013
Recently bought the above tablet from GTR Electronics(official UK importer). Great communication, quick dispatch and as promised: no chinese applications.

Screen:
Tablet itself is great, the IPS screen is really worth every penny. Youtube, movies or anything else you throw to it is crystal clear with brilliant detail and color accuracy. It's a joy to even look at it!
I had although on the first day some problems with it, the display was flickering, but it went away for some reason and it's all fine now.
So if you feel that anything is wrong with it, give it a few day and if it doesn't go away, send it back.

PLAY Store/APPS:
Android market has some limitations, some applications are not supporting the tablet, therefore when you try to install it, it won't work.
Other then that, most major apps WILL work, including SKYPE with video call using either of the camera.
It comes very few preinstalled apps, that - in my opinion - is a positive thing, as I hate to get rid of the rubbish when I buy a new tablet.

PERFORMANCE:
Couldn't try that so much, as my missus is using it but I'm sure it runs everything fine with the quadcore cpu.
Browsing could be a bit snappier on heavy websites, flash content in the browser tend to be slow a bit, but overall it's fine. The system itself is quick with smooth transitions and easy handling. No problems there!
1080p video downloaded on the tablet runs like a breeze(tried mkv), quick fast forward, and as usually amazing quality.

CAMERA:
Not too good, but if you want to run around with this thing snapping pictures on the street, you better off visiting an asylum too.
It's okay for an occasional skype, and that's all I need.

BATTERY:
With wifi Youtube, it last usually max. 8 hours SCREEN ON time on approx half brightness. That's pretty good if you ask me!
Standby doesn't drain too much either, but you better off turning it off if you don't use it.

DESIGN:
Okay. For me it came with a screen protector already applied on it(thank you GTR Electronics). Buttons are quite flimsy and I think in time it might fall off, so easy there. On the side it has the usual connections, protected with a removable piece of plastic.
Overall it looks nice to me, but to be honest that's the least I care about. It's not a tablet for teens to show off with - like the iPad - but a proper tool for a VERY reasonable price.

VALUE:
Best in category. If you have £200 to spend on a 10" tablet, look no further as you'll find no better. Around £250 you might have better ones, but HEY we are talking about £100 difference already.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask in the comments, I'll get back to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay for a premium brand when you can have this?, 19 Mar. 2013
Been thinking of buying an Android tablet for quite awhile and been looking at the usual premium brands like Galaxy tab and Asus but was a bit too pricey for me. A work colleague then told me about Momo on Amazon and I'm glad hid did. This Momo20 can do anything a premium brand tablet can do, maybe even more. It's definitely has more ports for connectivity and a SD card slot as well. To the best of my knowledge this is the only tablet which has quad core CPU and for only £160! It's a bargain. Without delay I placed my order on Sunday, despatched on Monday and by Tuesday morning it was in my hands. Been setting it up all morning and playing with it most of the afternoon and I have to say I'm totally please with it. Why pay double for a premium brand when this little thing can do it all? Thank you GTR for importing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad but, its not as good as i hoped it would be, 21 May 2013
PAUL SMITH (CAMBS, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
at first all seemed fine, then i find out it does not charge from usb as stated, the devise freezes quit often, but then does run the program or browser, and now i see i have lost a pixel, i haven't bothered trying to return it, i will keep it until i find a better replacement. The WiFi i have not had a problem with, and when i did get in touch with Gary he was polite and helpful, the tablet does look and feels well built, would i recommend, afraid the answer is no,
Well an update, have found other niggles with the tablet, it keeps freezing, very slow to respond (some times) and the wifi does drop out more than it did to start with

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, SLOW, STOPS WORKING, USELESS , CHEAP, NASTY ETC ETC, 15 Oct. 2013
1) DO NOT BUY
2) CHEAP S***
3) TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
4) I SENT A FAULTY ON TO CHINA TO BE FIXED AND GOT SENT BACK A DIFFERENT TABLET AND WAS STILL FAULTY, SENT 11 EMAILS AND WAS IGNORED AND STILL TO THIS DAY HAVE BEEN IGNORED. CHINESE GAURANTEE IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS PRINTED ON SO BE WARNED AS THEY WILL HELP YOU UNTILL THE RETURNED PRODUCT LEAVES BRITAIN.
5) OVER PRICED FOR THE PRODUCTS ACTUAL PERFORMANCE...
6)DO NOT BUY
7)DO NOT BUY
ETC......ETC.......ETC....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 10.1 Tablet, 20 May 2013
great product have been using for a while now no issues works well with different apps no issues I bought from GTR Electronics from order to delivery the service was next to none buy from this seller with confidence i had a problem wit the charger which was replaced the following day after an E-Mail to Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Ployer Momo20, 14 April 2013
I have been searching for a tablet now for sometime and like alot of people I have done some extensive research. My biggest problem was not wanting to splash out over £300 for one. I came across this site GTR Electronics and noticed the Momo20 and have to say that the specs and everything looked great especially at that price. I decided to email Gary at GTR with some questions and all the feed back was very positive especialy the part about being able to return the device if I was not satisfied with the quality. I placed the order on Friday and it arrived on Saturday, absolutely superb especially as I live in a small town in the highlands of Scotland. Well I can honestly say there are no concerns about the quality, the device is stunning and feels like quality, very easy to use. I spent most of my first half an hour or so showing it off to my in laws who are most impressed and are now thinking of owning one themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet, if you want your money worth.but there's better out there now, 16 April 2013
I have had this Tablet for about a month or so, i got it from merimobiles, along with a keyboard cover case and such, it's been a great replacement for other tools, as it thus also replaces the need for a laptop in some cases.

The tablet itself is very stylish and pleasant to look at, asince it's an IPS screen, the colours are deep and the viewing angle great, the quadcore cpus start at 1Ghz Arm 7 neon type.
It's Antutu score out of box is over 12000 points, rooted a lot more, depending on how mad you get with OCs but the basic setting is good enough.

The software is smooth and fluid. As it has 2GB ram along with it's 16gb storage, you are sort of set for the future when comparing current top models, especially if you root it.

Only bad thing at all in this beast, is the lack of bluetooth but again, most things run connectivity through wifi these days else it's Droidremote time, which requires root as well.

Overall worth the money and more. If you like me, want to pay for what's inside and not what silly sticker is on it, this baby is one of the best choices around

EDIT: there are better tablets for your money out there now, would personally recommend a cube 30 GT2