Works great in a Ford Focus C-Max - good positioning for driver to see the screen and to access the touch screen when needed. Easy to screw on and off each time so as not to advertise you have a satnav.
on 29 November 2013
I have short arms and couldn't get on with the windscreen fittings but this fits beautifully in my front vents which means I can reach it easily and I like the position of not being in my window. The only downside is that it can wobble a bit as the vents move but I don't find this a problem.

It fitted quite easily and seems quite strong. I leave it in place so don't know how strong it would be if you kept removing it.

Would recommend
on 28 May 2014
It is OK as long as the louvres of the air vent have a flat profile. If the louvres are curved aerofoil shape it does not clip on very well and wobles around.
on 7 December 2015
I love not having the Sat Nav on the screen and obscuring my view. In a Honda Jazz mounting on the screen is pretty much not an option anyway. This puts the screen in a great position to be easily viewed without being obtrusive. My biggest gripe is that it doesn't stay in place. It doesn't grip the vents well and regularly throws itself and the sat nav of the dash to be left winging on the wire. Shame as otherwise it is perfect.
on 18 October 2014
First class bit of kit! Fitted my car (VW) so easily and perfectly. It holds the Sat Nav firmly with no rattles or vibration. It moves the Sat Nav slightly nearer the driver which makes it easier to read but importantly also leaves the windscreen clear which is better for safety. Also no tell-tale sticker marks for thieves to notice. A great improvement on the original mounting - just wish I could have got one years ago !!
on 6 December 2015
If you have a Mitsubishi Colt then this will not fit the air vents, because the vents are too fat and tapered. Also, if your air vents swivel around, then don't buy this, because it will send your Sat Nav into a whirl and it will end up on the floor (like mine did). Having said that, it fits the vents in a Citreon no problem - so check your car before buying.
on 16 February 2015
As with many others, I bought this mount in the hope that an OEM-branded item would be properly designed and suitable for its task. Unfortunately not, it seems. I tried this mount on three different vehicles, and is was useless in each case.

This mount is poorly designed:

(1) The "arms" are fixed length, and thus are very loose on narrow vent grilles;

(2) The screw clamp is very mechanically weak, and cannot grip vent grilles tightly - or stay locked tight;

(3) Worst of all - there is no lateral support at all - the mount can simple swing from side to side. I notice that even some really cheap mounts have a cross-plate to counter this problem.

The end result is that a sat nav just swings around when in the mount. The slightest bump in the movement of the car is sufficient to cause the unit to flop around. This is distracting and thus potentially dangerous. Its hard to believe that Garmin ever actually tested this mount before they sold it.
on 6 January 2016
To help people further I purchased this to fit on the centre air vent of my Ford Mondeo MK3 and my Garmin model is the Nuvi 2599LMT-D. My air vents are not flat, they are curved slightly as are the veins of the vents. Despite this I managed to fit it ok. I like having the satnav at the level it is when attached to the air vent but the only problem is because the speaker is at the rear of the satnav at the bottom right hand corner (when looking at the satnav from the front), and because I have to have the satnav angled to the right to see it properly, this places the speaker too close to the air vent which quietens it down quite a bit. I did have my volume set at 90 and turning it up to 100 when fitted to the air vent mount it is still not as loud as at 90 when on the supplied windscreen mount. I will be returning it to Halfords tomorrow. There are other make air vent mounts on Amazon which look as if they hold the satnav further away from the air vent so I will have a look at these.
on 20 March 2014
Please check the vent first as it's all too easy to damage the workings of the vent. VW owners beware
on 19 August 2013
Air Vent Mount seemed a better method of fixing my Sat Nav ,no visible round marks on the windscreen to indicate that there was a Sat Nav on board. Item arrived prompt 2 days ahead of delivery time .Well pleased would recomend the adapter and the supplier.