4.5 out of 5 stars1,052

You will most likely get a genuine card, but there are far too many fakes about so its essential you test your card on receipt to be sure, however some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with indicated capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake which won't last very long.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 10 card must have a write speed of 10MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that. Cards are now appearing with the UHS-I class (marked with a 1 inside a U) these have higher clock rates so higher performance and are at least class 6 speed.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s and getting toward 48MB/s on a USB3 UHS-I class reader with these.

If your cards speed test comes just below spec, that's a fail, don't assume 'close enough'.
SDHC cards have a maximum capacity of 32GB and SDXC a maximum capacity of 2TB but check your device is compatible with SDXC before choosing those over these SDHC cards.
1414 comments|265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2014
I bought this card assuming it was a genuine product but was left angry and disappointed when i received it through the post. I ran a media check on the product and found out it was only a 3.3gb card that was being mis sold as a genuine 32gb card.I also found out from the test that it was writing at 4.5MBytes/s a lot less than advertised on this product.

I sent the item back to amazon and received a full refund. In my own opinion avoid this item.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
Actually we've had limited access to data (songs) for some weeks. Certain songs will play and others won't. Some will play today but won't play tomorrow. After doing some research it appears there are some FAKE or corrupt Samsung cards floating about, many coming from seller JimmyDee, as mine did! So be careful out there.

Fortunately Amazon's customer services ensured a satisfactory conclusion.
on 30 March 2014
I tested this card thoroughly. It's a FRAUD. >3MB/s write, >10MB/s read, capacity approx 3Gb. Even though it's in what appears to be genuine Samsung packaging.
on 17 March 2014
Very surprised as my purchase was from Amazon.co.uk, but the SD card is a certainly a fake.

The screen-printing is of a very poor quality, and the 32GB text is not in orange.

And when recording video just about every clip corrupts.

I am returning for a replacement - hopefully that will NOT be a fake.
on 17 April 2014
I ordered 2 SAMSUNG SD cards and these fake god awful cards turned up! Please note that are from Taiwan and not Korea where they should be from.

They came in just a little plastic container and not Samsung Packaging.

The seller is now holding my payment until I remove the feedback from his page even though I have sent back the memory cards..... please please save yourself from a painful sale.
on 3 November 2013
I ran the crystalDiskMark test to test if it was legit, and it was, it works great with my samsung phone, and it has about 29GB of storage!!
on 11 March 2014
Yup got a fake card , from Amazon of all people, test results from H2testw, also the card had sdxc on it instead of sdhc, another giveaway it was fake!!

Warning: Only 31987 of 31988 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
3.7 GByte OK (7930093 sectors)
27.4 GByte DATA LOST (57579283 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
27.4 GByte corrupted (57579283 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000e7977e00
Expected: 0x00000000e7977e00
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 4.26 MByte/s
Reading speed: 11.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 May 2014
Bought this to replace the 8gb class 6 card in my HTC Sensation phone, both to give more space and to hopefully speed it up a bit.

I ordered direct from Amazon, not a seller. Testing with H2testw reveals full usable capacity, and read/write speeds of around 15/11 MB/s. Not exactly mind blowing, but a substantial improvement on the old card (also a Samsung) which only gives about 4-5 writing. This is measured in the card slot of the laptop, not directly in the phone. I don't know what kind of environment and/or use profile can get you anywhere near the advertised 48 MB/s.

Anyway, happy it doesn't appear to be fake in any way, and phone seems snappier, but that could just be wishful thinking :-) Plenty more room now though, old one was getting pretty full.

When I started work in IT in 1979, the mainframe I worked on had its storage (memory) upgraded from 6 to 8 MB for a seven-figure sum. Yes you read that right, a 2 megabyte upgrade. So the price of memory like this now really makes me smile...
on 7 August 2013
Have just got an S4 phone. I wanted to have decent sized card in for pictures and videos etc. I looked locally for cards and to be honest just laughed at the prices. Amazon again came up for cheaper. I was a little confused at the delivery. If you want full packaging it comes from one supplier but if you want hasstle free it come from HK and it said delivery was 1 to 3 months. I was put off by that and paid the extra 80p or so and when for UK based supplier. Card was ordered late saturday night and came on wednesday morning. ONly the card comes, no adaptor. Put it straight into phone and formatted it. and as other reviews have said it only formats to 29gb. dont know why and it wont bother me but other cards I have had have done similar
overal, great product at a great price that once again puts the hight street to shame.