on 28 May 2013
There is a vast array of cases for the Nexus 7 and after a lot of hunting through many alternatives I came across this particular one. I chose this one because the Nexus 7 is encased in a tough plastic shell which is attached to the UP leather case. I also love that the Nexus can be tilted at 2 different angles and that the Nexus wakes up when the case is opened. For added security, the case also has a magnetic flap which keeps the case closed, so if you drop it, it is less likely to flap open, as it falls to the floor.
on 7 June 2013
I bought this because obviously I wanted to protect my Nexus from the nasty elements which can attack it when it's in a bag or on a kitchen work top. The Nexus is so light that the hardback cover combined with the 'leather' enclosure adds the extra bulk which makes the tablet a fair weight in your hand, making it feel more secure. For the money, there isn't much better around. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because, although you want your case to be a snug fit, you want the edges to line up and it to look good when it's closed. Also, the magnetic clasp is on the wrong side of the cover. You will have to put your tablet face down when the clasp is shut in order to get the case flush with the surface. The magnet is strong enough to keep it shut and the sleep/wake magnet works just fine.

I will say that I'm happy with this case because it does the job, and, unless you're willing to pay way above the odds for a Portenzo case, or something similar, it is a fine looking piece of kit.
on 29 July 2013
Really good cover/stand for a great price.

Really happy with it, the cover is a fake leather, but doesn't look cheap. The mechanism to hold the next is thin plastic cover which hugs the nexus all around, so it's really hard for it to fall out.
The primary reason I got this was that it is also operates as a good stand for when travelling on the train/plane. The notches on the inside case are good, like the 3 stage picture, it could do all three angles, it had 2 notches, but can stand easily with 3.

Lastly the price, i was sus on the price as i thought it was too good to be true so must have been dodgy, but no, its all legit. Would recommend it to other people to purchase.

This all goes back to the summary of:

Really good cover/stand for a great price.
on 11 July 2013
An excellent case. Arrived promptly, well packaged. The case itself looks smart and well made. The outer cover is made of a sturdy fabric and within this is the attached rubber surround which the tablet clicks into. This was a tiny bit fiddly but once we got the tablet in it was a good fit and protected the tablet well. It protects the sides and corners of the tablet in the event of being dropped. You can also prop the tablet up at several different angles when using it on a flat surface. The sleep/wake function is useful. All in all very good value for the money.
on 3 December 2013
I got the nexus 2012 version in soft touch black. Much better product than I expected for the price. Feels very well made, nice to hold and not as intrusive as cases which cover the front bevel. Works well as a stand and doesn't look like folding it will cause any cracking or wear. All the holes are in the right place, the headphone socket hole is a little tight so I have to make sure I give it a firm push to get past it. Dropped it hard today and it took it in its stride. Adds a little weight but no more than I'd expect.
Quick delivery well packaged.
on 3 July 2013
I am really impressed with this case, fits the nexus 7 like a glove, looks nice and the quality is pretty good too. For the price you cannot beat this.
on 3 June 2013
Arrived in good time, easy to fit, like the stand up rut that let it sit at good angle to watch movies. New toy is safely protected.
on 21 June 2013
Fits my Nexus 7 perfectly. Looks good. Not too bulky. Access to USB and headphone socket fine, but not so easy for power switch or volume control. However this is not a problem as auto on/off works flawlessly, and there are several volume widgets that can be downloaded. Stand in landscape mode is excellent for video and Skype. Has met my expectations 100%.
on 7 September 2013
I bought this as a stopgap as it was not expensive, but love it. Looks good, the ability to stand the tablet up is great especially when using for internet recipe s while cooking. It looks smart and is very light for reading in bed. Thoroughly recommend.

Arrived very promptly.
on 28 November 2013
I brought this case to replace the original one offered by Tesco's at a discount when I purchased my Nexus. The case is a real bargain. Excellent protection for the tablet plus when closed it puts the tablet to sleep. Why pay more when you can buy this one. Great price. Great value.