5.0 out of 5 stars Recognition finally!
Detroit techno classic 'The Rains' with Kevin Saunderson on KMS was the first MK record I bought in 1990 and I've followed him since (Yikes! 23 years - I am now officially old!). I loved his techno and UK style hardcore that he made with Reese and his brother Scotti.

Published 14 months ago by S T Locky

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent compliation
Quite enjoyable mix but not quite the celebration of House certain reviews in the press had made it out to be.
Published 12 months ago by Ed Newsome

5.0 out of 5 stars Recognition finally!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)

When I was that young and coming from a synthpop/alt background I was shocked to find I loved the garage stuff he made when he left Detroit and moved to NY just as much if not more which led me becoming a major US garage geek - the black denim wearing me of 3 years earlier would have been stunned. My mates couldn't get their heads round the fact I loved his Nightcrawlers mix which had the audacity to get to no 1! when I was supposed to be a Basic Channel purist.

MK and his student Todd Edwards then invented UK Garage (so it's not quite as UK as it sounds) and again innovation after innovation. That Jodeci mix is still so fresh.

After his R&B hiatus he's actually come back with some cracking new tunes too. I'm glad one of my favourite ever producers is getting the recognition he deserves.

Don't dither. Purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Defected Presents MK In The House, 17 Mar 2014
Jb007 (Harlow Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)
Great House CD full of quality tracks no fillers, like in so many dance albums would recommend to anyone 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)
Promt delivery. Earlier than expected actually. The cd itself was just as expected, all good house tunes one one cd. Thumbs up!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent compliation, 1 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, 9 July 2013
Just downloaded it and absolutely loving it. Fantastic production quality, atmospheric and moody. Some albums take a few listens to get into - this one has been instant.

4.0 out of 5 stars MK in the house, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)
House music 'don' Mark Kitchen (MK) mixes this double CD for Defected. Slightly cheesier than my normal listen but my other half has a track featured on there so I had to buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Underground House, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)
The saucy Underground House sound very popular in the 90's is definitely back in force for the pleasure of being on the dance floor with quality House beats.
It is such a bless to still have MK amid the greatest DJs on earth to bring back all the memories for us and for this new generation.
Hoping the real Tribal House sound will follow with the same demand and impact as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item case smashed to bits!, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Defected Presents Mk In The House (Audio CD)
CD's are fine - but product tuned up in envelope, and CD case was smashed and cracked bearing sharp edges.
Very disapointed with Amazon.
Dont have time to return tem as it is a present for someone.

Defected Presents Mk In The House
Defected Presents Mk In The House by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)