on 1 September 2013
This is one of the fastest SSD replacement drive on the market and a slot-in replacement for the Sandisk 128GB SSD found in several ultrabooks, including my Samsung Series 9. Windows 7 boot time from cold start to login prompt is now around 8 seconds. If you read about the drive on the Net you will also find that it is one of the most heavily tested before leaving the factory which should mean it is one of the most reliable.

To copy across the file system I clipped the new SSD into a "Syba mSATA SSD to 2.5 inch SATA Adapter" (also from Amazon) and put it into an external USB SATA drive enclosure which I then connected to the ultrabook. I then created a bootable USB memory stick containing Clonezilla and used that to boot the uptrabook and mirror the entire contents of the internal 128GB drive onto the external Plextor drive.

If you have a Series 9 then opening the case is relatively easy - undo all the visible screws on the base then gently lift away prising very gently close to the back plastic hinge which is held in place by small plastic clips which pop release. Remove the sticky damping pad from the Sandisk drive, unscrew the drive and substitute the Plextor,and finally replace the damping pad. The laptop booted straight up into Windows and simply required a reboot once it had recognised a change of drive.

The only remaining issue was how to create a new drive letter. As Samsung had created four primary partitions (the maximum) the only choice I had was to delete one partition. I chose to delete the recovery partition as I already have a full backup of the original drive configuration and the Sandisk drive itself as a backup. I could then create a new 140GB partition. And that was it. One faster SSD drive with substantially more data capacity.

Highly recommended
on 6 September 2013
Got the drive, put it in my Y580. USB Boot and installed Windows 7 Ultimate without a problem.

I leave the whole drive as one 250GB partition and ran ATTO benchmark immediately
My previous setup is 7200RPM HDD with 32GB mSATA SSD drive for Intel Quick Response caching (or some technology that puts the frequently used files on the SSD so it was already very fast after 1 week of use. But when I get this SSD I mean it is FAST!

Read/Write speed increases gradually from 0.5Kb to 65Kb transfer size. From 512 to 8Mb transfer sizes the READ/WRITE speed saturates at 438Mb/s WRITE and 535Mb/s READ. Yes, that's as close to advertised as you can get and quite close to saturating the SATA III bandwidth also

I am very happy with the purchase of this item.
on 19 February 2014
Bought this for use in an Intel BOXDC3217BY Barebone Mini-PC (Intel Core i3 3217U, Intel-HD) with Ubuntu 13.10 installed and it worked first time with no problems at all. Allows Ubuntu 13.10 to start and shutdown in around 5 seconds. Amazing!
on 7 January 2014
I got a new laptop and the main thing bottle necking it was the factory hdd that came already installed, once i put the mSATA in and re-installed windows my laptop runs so much better and smoother! The start up is amazing and the price is also a great bargain! I would recommend this product to anyone! I have seen some people say that you dont get screws with this product, in fact this mSATA does include screws so you have everything you need to start using it straight away! Best thing ive ever brought!
on 29 August 2013
Using it now, installed without a hitch, works great, runs fast, and not had any problemos, windows 7 ult x64 runs fine on it, didnt need any additional drivers, just plug and play.
on 13 December 2013
For me, the best purchase for my computer. It's a really good SSD for a proper price. Received it on time and without any problem. Easy to install as well.
on 20 June 2013
Bought this to upgrade the 128GB drive that came with my Samsung 13inch Ultrabook. Works very well although when I tried to use the Samsung migration software that kept giving an error code. However the Samsung disk copy software worked spot on so all's well. Very fast drive boot up time from scratch to Windows is about 5 seconds.
on 28 September 2014
I decided on the 64GB M5M micro SATA SSD, as I was fairly priced for one of the fastest mSSD around..! I was not disappointed this is a superb addition to any pc/mac/laptop/nuc etc.. and for my 1year old Dell Vostro 470 desktop
No install problems,just a minor BIOS adjustment, to tell machine to boot from it.
Well chuffed.

Oogle " fastest mSATA SSD, the result is around 6 in vs Intel SSD"

Very fast boot 14secs cold 7pro. I would also say remember if your running more than 8GB of RAM , well you don't really need page filling, however I set mine to around 2GB in case of memory leaks.
Plus if your running 16GB RAM and don't adjust PF you'll lose around 32GB of the drives total around 59GB.
And I would say 64Gb is around the minimum size to use as boot drive.
Very fast, I know it will fail at a predetermined time so I backup weekly only takes 3min...
Don't hesitate buy one and yes the Screws are in the pack.
on 4 September 2014
Old drive backed up to external USB disk drive using windows backup (windows 7) to create image of drive.
Windows system repair disc burned to CD.
SSD drives swapped.
Booted from USB external CD on left USB port.
When booted, USB drive with backup inserted right USB port.
Image “restored” to new SSD drive.
Rebooted from new SSD into Windows 7 and then need to sort out unallocated space.
Windows disc management does not allow windows partition to be extended into unallocated space as they are not next to each other.
Can download and use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (free). R click on unallocated, "Merge partition", tick partition to add it to, ok then apply. All SSD space is then available and has been added to main windows partition.
on 21 May 2013
I bought this for my Dell computer. It works perfectly as main drive, letting Windows start in 15 seconds. Great disk and good capacity at a very good price.
Just one little con: It doesn't include screws, so you'll need to find them elsewhere.