5.0 out of 5 stars Enter Sandman
Published 15 months ago by Tiredmum

3.0 out of 5 stars its good but not the world classic some may say
I am a metal head, i was keen to see this and it is good, heck its almost great,its a warm story but it isnt the be all and end all. Its also pretty short but for the most i would recommend it. There were times watching it when i lost some interest and that cant be a great thing. Worth a punt.
Published 10 months ago by sean paul mccann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter Sandman, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
This is an engaging and enchanting film on so many levels. Its a road movie- 3 siblings embark on a journey over the Atlantic and across the States to meet Lars, the drummer from Metalica. Kate and Will's brother Tom 'wants to meet Lars' and all 3 of them are transformed along the way. Its a film about self esteem; a film about the love of music; a film about overcoming your fears; a film about really putting yourself in someone elses's shoes and tuning into their frequency; and of course its a film about Fragile X, Autism, and learning difficulties and how one man's anxiety can manifest itself. The beauty of this film is that Tom is bigger than Metallica in this film. I saw this at a screening with Kate Spicer and their father today and was blown away.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will smile.., 4 Mar 2013
I watched this film at a local arts cinema, the people that made it took it on tour around the country and abroad. It's not often you find a little gem like this. I believe most people I know would get something out of it, and quite a few would really like it. Charming, funny, life affirming and finally out on disc! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lars Done Good!!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
Me and the wifey are massive Metallica fans, but Lars isn't our favourite of the bunch, I still shudder at the white leather coat days, when the Black album turned him into an arena 'rock star' (a horrible term, sorry for swearing!!). But after seeing this, I gotta say I love the little Danish so and so now!!

My sister in Law is autistic, so me and the misses were keen to see this for two reasons, and I'm not ashamed to say that at the end of the film the pair of us were blubbing like babies with massive smiles on our faces, a beautiful, beautiful thing indeed.

The band, the crew... What a stone cold set of gentlemen who were genuinely and wholly pleased and keen to embrace Tom's lifelong goal of 'Meet, Lars'.

Tom, long may you continue to rock out with yer thingy out, my fellow defender of the faith. You are awesome!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mission to Lars, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent film that takes you on an emotional journey loved it !! Bought the DVD for a family member after seeing it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
Very good DVD, I also have a son with fragile X syndrome, excellent to watch, recommend it to anyone who likes a true story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget About Metallica; This Is About TOM, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
Mission To Lars was like the coldest, driest martini EVER...it made me feel SOOO GOOD. If you want your heart to FEEL HAPPY, see this film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a Metallica fan (like me) or just looking for something a little out of the ordinary, then I would recommend this. It's Metallica from a different perspective (Toms) and just tells a really interesting story. I knew something about autism before, however when it's in the context of something you can relate to (going to a Metallica concert) it brings the reality home.

4.0 out of 5 stars A MISSION TOO FAR?, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
This is a film with so much heart,it would be very hard to find fault with it.
Tom is a guy with fragile x autism and his long time ambition is to meets Lars from metallica,so his sister and brother set out to make this possible. Now the problems begin,Tom is very unpredictable and keeps changing his mind about going on this trip,which becomes frustrating for his siblings,but their love for him is so obvious as they go about convincing Tom to go on this trip and meet his idol. Then there is the big HOW? With phone calls and meeting people,eventually chances look more positive.
The thing that stands out for me is the will they or won't they aspect. Just as everything is falling into place it gets taken and away and then given back and taken away and so forth,leaving the viewer frustrated for everyone involved. As much as Tom battles his anxieties,you do wonder if this is a mission too far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie but wont play in my blu-ray player, 11 Oct 2013
I have seen the movie before and I love the movie, However, the Blu-ray will not play in my Blu-ray player, so I am very disappointed. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars mission to lars -mission to amazing, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
This a a beautiful film.I am 41 years old and have not been brought so close to tears over a movie since I saw ET when I was 9!!!. I have been a huge metallica fan for over 20 years seeing them 13 times.I was always told ' never meet your hero , you will be dissapointed'
This is the fear that i had with this movie, how will it end,???

To me, the movie was more about the love,dedication and frustration that Toms family have towards him.The patience and sacfifice that Toms sister show towards him could teach us all a thing or two about family love and tolerance.I really hope that Kate (Toms sister )reads this review because you are a very special person and sister and I loved your honesty about how you and Tom drifted apart.

Please rent/buy/watch this movie. Its not necessary u like metallica , TO ME ITS MORE ABOUT HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY !!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xbaf798a0)

Mission To Lars [DVD]
Mission To Lars [DVD] by Will Spicer (DVD - 2013)
8.02