Jabra Revo Corded Stereo Headphones - Grey
Colour Name: BlackChange
Price:£55.20+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

As I started a previous review for some headphones, I'll admit from the start that I am a bit of a headphone collector and I own numerous pairs from Sennheiser, Beats, Sony, Bose, SMS and now these new Jabra Sync ones. I should also mention that I run a music website, so I take my music listening VERY seriously.

These come in a sturdy plastic case and one of the first things I noticed about these headphones is the build quality. They are much better than Dr Dre's Beats headphones and you have no fear that the headband will snap like the Beats have been known to do. Apparently these are constructed with aluminium, steel and shatterproof plastic and they certainly feel sturdy. These have molded memory foam earpieces that fit on the ear, rather than around them. These are comfortable to wear for prolonged periods and whilst my ears got warm wearing them, they didn't pinch or hurt at all.

These come with a travel pouch, manual, detachable woven cable (rather than a rubberised one) and fold up on hinges on the headband so they reduce down in size for travel and storage. I much prefer these grey one's to the white version (which I have), but that is just a case of personal preference.

As always with any new headphones I have let these burn in with some solid playing for over a week now (fortunately for me I can listen to music at work and these have had some serious hours put through them already) and the sound has settled enough for me to give a reasonable appraisal of the quality. I have played a vast range of music through these to give them a fair trial from thrash metal, blues, swing, jazz, classical, world music, rock, pop, electronica, dance, relaxation albums, spoken word/podcasts, folk, country, hip hop and rap and more besides. Also be aware that I have my EQ settings on a flat level so I could appraise the sound fairly

The sound definitely has rich, warm bass and this has some of the best bass response I have heard from many of the headphones I have in my collection. The trebles are also clear and sharp, but the mids get lost in the mix. These headphones seemed to perform best with dance music (which often has boosted bass and treble), but other genres seemed to lack a certain rounded depth. Don't get me wrong though, the sound of these are VERY impressive, it's just not balanced and you may have to tweak you EQ settings to get a sound that works best for you and you may need to boost the mids.

The passive noise cancelling (I.e. using the construction and design to block out unwanted sound) on these is very good indeed and not only can you not hear sounds around you when you have them on, but you also can't hear any music leakage if they are being used by other people too. This is a mark strongly in their favour if you want to use these on your morning commute.

I am a huge fan of my Bose AE2 headphones (which have excellent balanced sound reproduction), but I have to say that these come a close second and the sound is warm and satisfying. For me these sound better than the SMS or Beats headphones at a fraction of the price.

All in all these are a well designed set of headphones and the sound quality is very impressive for the size and money. They are perfectly set up for dance music straight out of the box and if you are willing to play around with EQ settings, sound pretty good with other music genres as well. These are well worth considering in your search for some new headphones.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2013
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was a bit apprehensive to start with when receiving these Jabra Revo headphones, but I was very quickly won over.

They are very stylish in looks, come in a very nice perspex box and equally nice soft bag for storage (they fold up to allow easier storage). There is a volume/mute/answer call button on the headphone cable which works when connected to a suitable mobile phone (worked well on my Blackberry).

But the true test of any headphones is the quality of the sound, which I can say is nothing short of outstanding. I have used then at home, on the train, in the office and whether listening to rock, pop, classical, quiet or loud music everything is crystal clear. I could not believe that I could turn the sound down low, when sitting on the train, but could still hear every note clearly.

The attention to detail is also very impressive; other than the great looks, the cable can be unplugged from one side and plugged into the other side, but, and here's the thing, the left and right speakers remain the left and right speakers. The cable itself is not the usual plasticy/rubbery type, but a slightly thicker material-feel type which does not seem to tangle at all.

One minor grumble is that the cable is a little too short, if plugged into your PC - these are probably more designed for the mobile phone market.
VINE VOICEon 30 March 2013
The first thing I try with any new pair of headphones is try them out on a good action film, such as The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Special Extended DVD Edition) [DVD]. If the effects are not thrilling, I will be disappointed. These do not let you down! The effects are thunderous and exciting!

Second, I will try some orchestral music with a large dynamic range: again, no problem with these.

This performance is born out when listening to a test suite of frequencies. Try searching for "RealTraps test tone" for one such test. You will be surprised at the results.

One thing I like about these pods is that you can attach the lead on the left or right: there is a socket on both. There is an in-line volume control, but this only works for portable devices. It provides Vol+, Vol- and Pause control, plus a few other functions, but NOT on your PC or stereo. There is no volume control on the pods themselves, disappointingly, and some functions will only work on certain devices.

These are quite expensive, but are lightweight and foldable and are supplied in a cheap-looking pouch. I give 5* for performance alone.

[These were supplied under the Amazon Vine program, but arrived late due to an unseasonably heavy snow fall.]
on 11 August 2014
So pleased with these headphones after so much confusion trying to decide what to buy.
I do love my music & listen mostly in bed till the early hours so comfort & sound is important.
Great item fab price @ £45 instead of the £160 prices found elsewhere for headphones of this quality.
The only thing that let's the Jabra headphones down from a 5* is that the free app included with the item that cost £3.99 in App Store is that it only works with iTunes music and this is a good app but I cannot use the Jabra app with any other music app & having tested the Jabra app it does have a good balance of music options available so a real let down in this area only because I can't use the free Jabra app otherwise faultless.
Note the paid Jabra app is identical to the free app issued with headset so buying it makes no difference to use.
Just to remind anybody wanting or thinking of buying a Jabra headset don't delay buy they are great friends of ours have beats etc, have have tested these against the Jabra & they also say that they are almost as good & if known would buy Jabra as the quality is good.
A decent balance of bass, highs & even classic sounds.
At £45 notes for these this good you'd have to be seriously & I mean seriously heavy into music to say these arnt good.
Also the seller was great and the delivery was superb.
One very happy music listener.
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
(Sorry, I could not resist that!)

First of all the headphones were packaged in a well made plastic storage box, and held in place with velcro tape, making storage when not in use easy.

The sound quality was to be honest nothing short of astonishing. Listening to both TV and a range of music on my iPod was a revaluation, and I am used to streaming to Bose speakers, so am used to a quality sound. The sound is incredibly well defined, rich and clear, with some amazing bass notes.

All in all these are exceptional headphones for sound quality and hold up well against more expensive models.

Another nice feature is that they fold, to make them easy to take with you on the road. This does not affect the structural integrity of the headphones as they are so well engineered.

The inline controls work well, so all in all I would give a score of 5 stars without question.

The only niggle I have is the cheaply made carrying bag, which does tend to detract from the overall quality.

However if you are looking for superb engineering, and incredible sound quality you will not be disappointed with these headphones.
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The sound quality on these is fabulous - crystal clear and a great range.
The build is outstanding:
- the fold for storage works very well and doesn't even hint at flimsiness as some folding parts can
- the ear pads are soft and exclude much extraneous noise
- the cable (with its handy volume and track buttons) is made of a woven material and is both stronger and less given to tangling than most.
- my only quibble is probably a product of my odd shaped head, but they don't always feel quite right (I have had this on other headphones too, so it is probably my head)

The extras are fine too: the handy storage bag (sadly I lost it quite quickly though) and the solid box it came in (binned it). Perhaps some people keep these things, but I would have been as happy with a cardboard box.

I would buy these again - they are fab and the integration with the ipod for track control is very handy: sadly it has been so cold I have gloves on, but I've tried it out indoors and come summer the ipod can stay in the in pocket
on 4 February 2015
Comfortable to wear with great sound for listening to music and podcasts.

Connect another pair of headphones into this to share the listening experience. I sit down with my son every week and we listen to the football podcast together using this method.

They fold easily and there is a bag provide for storage. I'm always using mine so rarely put it away.

You can also use it to answer phone calls using the mic built into the lead. The buttons next to the mic only work properly on an iPhone. When connected to my Android handset the button only works to pause a podcast. You can't use it to answer or terminate a phone call.

There is an associated software app that can be download for both Apple and Android platforms. I couldn't detect any difference in the sound quality when listening to YouTube tracks via this app.
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wow; crystal clear sound, these headphones are absolutely fantastic.
they come really well packaged in a hard plastic reusable box unlike some which are in flimsy cases with no protection.
the instructions and info are clear, the earphones themselves are very comfortable to wear and have the ability to 'fold' making them much more easily portable.
the sound definition is amazing , i am very impressed, and i feel these actually surpass some of the more expensive models for sound quality.

the one and only thing that lets this product down is the carry case which is cheap and nasty with no protection. why make a great, high quality product and provide a shoddy carry case?

other than the minor problem with the carry case, a definite recommendation from me.
on 6 March 2015
I have just bought my son a pair of Klipsch Image One(ii) headphonwe and decided I needed a new pair myself. Was looking at these Jabra Revos a while back when they were still at full price. Now they are only £50 I couldn't resist! Wow...I'm glad I went for these over the Klipsch cans! Build is truly excellent...Will last forever. Sound quality is also fantastic...across the range it's crystal clear and punchy without being harsh. Highly recommended.
If you need a decent pair of headphones for a reasonable price then look no further.
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not the best judge of sound quality, but I think the quality you get with the Jabro Revo set is superb; not tinny, distorted or 'bumpy' when the sound is turned up. After comparing these against my Creative, SkullCandy and Apple sets, I think that these actually have the superior sound quality.

The headset is very comfortable to wear - you can almost forget that you are actually wearing them, as the headband doesn't dig in and the ear pieces are cushioned, but not overly padded.

See one answered question