‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearing up miss information, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: JVC KD-R741BT Bluetooth Car Stereo with Front USB/AUX Input for iPod and iPhone (Sports)
This is my first review, so please forgive me for any mistakes.

I received the player today in the post, postage was not a problem at all as I have come to expect from amazon. The box was in perfect condition and everything contained had no faults ether. Installing the unit was easy, in the box is a power adapter which made the connection easy, I had to remove the existing aerial extension from my old CD player, for the aerial to connect with this one but no problems there.

One thing I noticed when examining the product is the addition of a mic cable built in to the rear. Your provided with a mic which is suitable for placing anywhere on the dash, however it would require feed behind the dash to fit in place. Not a job I feel comfortable with and so for now the mic is disconnected. The unit works with mobiles still without the mic but if you have the phone audio play through the speakers, the caller will not be able to hear you. I simply switch to speaker on my mobile to achieve the same effect.

The Radio operates like you'd expect, tuning channels is simple and storing them is just as simple. I did not try the AUX or USB connections but I can confirm that you can charge devices through the USB without having them play audio, so there's options there. I didn't try the CD part ether as I'd rather test that while driving to see how it handles bumps so I can't comment on that.

The reason I brought the unit was for bluetooth streaming of my music from my phone. I used to use Fm transmitters but couldn't find one that didn't have some sort of fault, ether poor connections or lack of range. The connection process was simple and reconnecting is easy. Simply play your music on the phone and it'll play through the speakers (after selecting the appropriate source). A previous review mentioned the lack of a pause button but as it turns out I found one by pressing random buttons. Pressing the volume will mute the music while pressing the menu button will pause, it will also pause on phone calls. The controls also work for skipping tracks, repeat and shuffle options which is a must have for myself. Quality is no concern using the bluetooth and there is no delay, some devices I have used in the past would often cut off the first 1/2 second or so but the CD player doesn't seem to do this.

Even though I have given it a 5 star review, there is a problem I'd like to point out with the design of the device. The face connects to the main body by only 1 clip on the left side of the device. This causes a slight wobble but nothing to worry about. The problem is when connecting a USB device. If you pull the USB cable while connected in anyway (Moving the connected device, or disconnecting for example) it while pull the face away from the body and switch the device off. Very annoying for using bluetooth devices as I found you had to reconnect them when this happens. I will be using it to charge in emergency but otherwise I'll stick with wireless.

TL:DR Very happy with the Player, does exactly what I needed it to even with the fixture issue, great value for money and would recommend. Bluetooth is so much better than FM Transmitters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 13 July 2013
I find all the features this model has useful. THe Bluetooth audio is especially good in conjunction with my iPhone. The call features are so useful on the road and when using Rdio, it really means I can listen to whatever I want!

4.0 out of 5 stars New Radio, Old Car, 6 Jun 2014
This is a good radio, it's in a 44 year old car and doesn't like it when the ignition is switched off as it promptly goes to default and loses it's settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent buy, 3 July 2014
Good quality, excelent sound, bluetooth music streaming works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
My son ordered the radio and says he is delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!, 1 July 2014
oscar wilde "dozza" (england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Decided the replace the original stereo in my Citroen Zsara Picasso. Wanted something with easy connectivity to my iPhone. This couldn't have been any better. Easy to install. I did have to buy an ariel adaptor to fit the original cable, but that was a few quid from Halfords. Installation adaptor cable came with the stereo so it was so easy and straight forward to install. After the initial connection to my phone, every time I get in the car it will automatically connect to my phone and then I can activate SIRI directly from the stereo to activate songs, radio app and all my phone contacts, messages, the lot !! Totally love it. The only negative very picky thing I can think of is I wish it came with some kind of case to store the facia when I take it off and take it with me.

I would highly recommend this Item

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered!, 29 Jun 2014
Bought one of these for my 21-year-old Audi 80 2.0i (love that car!).

No ISO connector in-car so I bought one to match the supplied connector. Installed everything and it worked! Radio, CD, Bluetooth, USB to iPhone and iPod. I only have two 180W front speakers but the quality in all modes is amazing.

Just one Audi problem. The in-car yellow wire is from the battery – fine. The red wire is battery too, not from the ignition, so the unit is always on. Solved it by using the ignition-fed wire to the aerial.

This is a great piece of kit and the price is right. I’m very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for my sports car, 23 Jun 2014
Having had a useful radio in my sports car I had a hand placed speaker attached to the sun visor as an hands free kit, it did not have a blue tooth radio system and I could not hear when being used when the soft top was down, this product which I had fitted the same day of purchase allows me to hear and speak even when the soft top is down as the microphone is placed at the side of the windscreen and the door, it also has a great base system and is very clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 19 Jun 2014
Unit was very easy to install, bluetooth handsfree reception is very clear, no issues with CD player, very reasonably priced. Ticks all the boxes.

Can't sync music from windows HTC phone on bluetooth or connect it through USB but product information suggests it is mainly an iphone option so can't really complain about this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›