on 17 June 2014
Book Four from Red Hot Obsessions
This is a strange mix of romance and science fiction. It features super soldiers who cannot die unless you cut their spinal chord. Otherwise they just "go dark" for a few minutes, then wake right back up a few minutes later fully healed. Leigh Thorn has been given this super soldier serum by her father in order to save her life after an auto accident. His bosses are not too happy with him about that, and to protect his daughter he has had her hidden away.
Well, Leigh is not quite what her daddy thinks she is. She is a freewheeling young college age girl who is not afraid of using the nearest guy for her own pleasure. But that all changes when Griffin Fawkes shows up. He brings terrible news about her father, but he tells her he is there to protect her. Well, naturally they begin to fall for each other.
But there are serious enemies after them. Can they stay one step ahead of them? Can they overcome their own personal demons and fall in love with each other?
I had some issues with the book, but for the most part I enjoyed it. It was just unlike anything I expected from this box collection, at least based on the three novels I read first. In places I thought it lagged a bit. I did like that Griffin was not perfect. He had his own flaws, but between the two of them they managed to heal each other.
Although their story continues in Slow Agony, this book reads like a standalone novel.
on 21 February 2013
I wasn't 100% sure about this book when I started as the main characters had been given some kind of serum that made them difficult to be killed; it reminded me a bit of Spider-Man! But as soon as I got in to it, that really didn't matter and it became a normal story about 2 people falling in love whilst on the run from people trying to kill them.

I absolutely loved Griffin's character as we see all the struggles he went through in his past (mostly of it is heart-breaking) and I liked Leigh's character as well as she's able to recognise her own weaknesses.

Plenty of thrills in this book, please don't be out off by this serum thing, I'm so glad I continued reading. Definately one of them books you think about after
on 15 October 2014
I really didn't like the beginning of this book. It seemed very immature and too obvious. I just could not grasp the characters they were so contradictory and opposite. I think if I had met Leigh I would have left her to die, she was rude, selfish and I would have flapped her she is so disrespectful. She ruddy improve as the story went on kept proving time and time again she was acting like a spoilt princess and heedless of griffin in his weird quest to keep her alive. Plot is unbelievable and not very exciting... Shocker was not that shocking.
on 17 April 2013
Great read great story. Grif well what can I say but wow he can save me any day, the things he went through but still made it with the help from Leigh he was there to keep her safe but I think she saved him in the end. Excellent now I'm of to book two.
on 29 October 2015
A bit far fetched, but hey, it's fiction after all. Enjoyed the romance side of it and could see the twists coming but still felt compelled to turn the pages to see if the good guys won in the end.
on 13 July 2015
Good book has everything,exitement,romance,steamy sex,even a happy ending. Tho to be fair books where money is endlesslly there stolen cars,dead bodies mounting up makes for cynicall reading
on 23 February 2013
More than just a love story. This book contains lots of drama and has a good storyline behind the love story. Give it a chance. I found it to be a good read.
on 30 April 2013
gave it 5 starts,
cos the way it was wrightten very good followed the story easy.
very good and strong character's fell in love with them.
on 20 February 2013
Wow I couldn't put this down! Was a refreshingly different read for me. Many highs and lows great story can't recommend this book enough!
on 16 October 2014
This book was a complete waste of money, and a total waste of the time it took for me to read it.
My advice to to is DON'T BOTHER.