on 13 February 2013
I don't profess to be an expert on Northern Soul. Like many I have steadily built by collection through compilations. My attention to this latest release came from this website - [...] , which gave me an indication of a quality release.

It is a wonderful collection of records but I suspect it will be suited to more serious Northern Soul fans. It's not one full of "Indeed I do" type mainstream songs anyway. That's not to say newbies to the "scene" won't appreciate it, but it is one of those compilations of rare and alternative version of classics so may not have that catchy element.

At the moment, it's also not a bad dent to the pocket either.
on 9 February 2013
I am used to the top class quality of 60ts soul compilations from Adey and Kent, but I believe this is the best yet. From the mind blowing original version of I Can't Hold On with the unbelievable tambourine playing by Jack Ashford, to the best instrumental I have ever heard, She'll Be Leaving You by the Pied Piper Band. The vocal on the RCA CDs was by Willie Kendrick...this is just world class musicianship at a frantic pace, Move over All Turned On and Sliced Tomatoes and I never thought they would be bettered.

The Lorraine Chandler I Hear Music is new to me and also brilliant, as is every LC outing.

I could go on, but this CD has 22 winners out of 24 tracks and is already in my top 3 of Northern Soul compilations. Well done Adey and Kent but why do we have to wait 12 months for volume 2???
on 16 March 2013
I have bought hundreds of soul compilations over the years and this is one of the best. Nancy Wilcox and September Jones were new to me, but Im blown away by their tracks here. Special mention also to the original version of Lorraine Chandler's classic "I cant hold on" and the pied pipers players "Thats what love is" - which is actually the instrumental of Eddie Parker's northern stomper "Im gone"
Highly recommended.
on 25 September 2015
Another top CD by the Pied Piper group. Quality tracks .Worth the money.
on 24 June 2015
Another great compilation by Pied Piper, very well put together
on 20 February 2016
Loved the CD.Fast delivery time from seller.
on 26 May 2015
All tracks are genuinely really rare.
on 2 March 2013
If you are interested in rare soul this is for you.Kent as done it again well thought out worth adding to your colection.
on 11 March 2013
There are a couple of gems but also some not so good as with alot of these collections, but worth it.
on 17 May 2013
This is an excellent cd with rare tracks, by lorraine chandler, willie Kendrick, Michael and Raymond, and the cavaliers, well worth the price.