5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, good quality, would recommend.
Ordered this item Thursday afternoon, and received Friday morning. I'd been looking for something like this for a while and this popped up.

Published 23 months ago by Karl

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but unpredictable results!
Published 12 months ago by David Jenkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, good quality, would recommend., 22 April 2013

Initial thoughts upon opening the box was just how small it was, I expected it to be bigger for some reason, it's also quite light, but not so small/light that it isn't well made. I don't feel like it'll easily be broken, it comes with the 2 wires, one to plug it into your sound system/stereo/AV Receiver, and the other to charge it. The charge lead is powered through a USB port on a computer, or if you have USB socket in the house. I have been using my iPhone plug to do it and it works fine.

Set-up was simple, turn it on and then enable bluetooth on my phone and enter "0000" when pairing, then just play the music through my phones built in music player. I did notice compared to being plugged into the amp, playing through bluetooth was slightly quieter, but nothing major and just turning the volume up a touch made it ok. Wasn't sure what the quality would be like playing through bluetooth, but I can't tell the difference.

Makes playing music louder much easier than having to sit within a wires reach of the system, or sitting on top of a dock which the phone is plugged into! It'll be good for parties when you don't want to be leaving your phone for other people to touch and play with. You can even youtube music through it too! However remember to silence your phone otherwise you get a shock when somebody rings.

To sum up:
+ Speedy delivery
+ Nice, light, and compact
+ Well made
+ Simple to use
+ Easy/quick to charge
+ Cheap

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to be able to wirelessly stream music through their bluetooth device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little box of Bluetooth joy, 26 Jan. 2014
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: August MR220B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Car Radio / Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices (Electronics)
Length:: 2:05 Mins

Like other reviewers, I expected this unit to be larger than it actually is. It's nice and light and about the same height as a box of matches, although not as deep.

In the box you get the receiver, a 3.5 to 3.5 aux cable, instructions and a power cable. I've knocked a star off because this doesn't use a standard USB to micro USB (the sort you use for mobiles, cameras, MP3 players etc), instead it uses a USB to round connector cable. This means you could be in trouble if you can't find your cable, you can't just grab another USB cable and charge it up.

This was sent to me to test and review and it worked brilliantly. It was very easy to pair with my mobile (a HTC One X) and set up in a Ford Fiesta. Just set the stereo to aux and hit play on my mobile and music came out, very good quality as well. Obviously the quality of the music will be limited to whatever device you're using this with, but in the car there were no issues.

Fantastic to make use of Spotify or Deezer (which I get free with Orange) and a brilliant price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but unpredictable results!, 10 Mar. 2014
David Jenkinson (Cambridge, Cambs. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've rated this 3 stars due to unpredictable results. I use it in my car and when I get in and turn it on my phone pairs with it as expected. However as soon as I hit play on Spotify it immediately disconnects. I then have to reconnect. This is my first gripe. The second is that sometimes the music is fine, clear and uninterrupted but other times it's like the Bluetooth connection is flaky and I get lots of dropouts and jumpiness. It's really frustrating on these occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome !!!, 2 July 2013
Unbelievably small and lovely, about the size of a packet of Swan Vestas (for the older folks out there!) - ie, a large box of matches.

Works perfectly. Very easy (dare I say foolproof ?!) to pair up with every device I have tried - Android phone, laptop, iPhone - and reproduces sound very well. I blart music into this thing from my Samsung Galaxy S2, via bluetooth, and take the 3.5mm aux-out into a car amp (also reviewed on here) and then into a pair of speakers, all wired into my Camper, for when I am camping or at Festivals... and it works beautifully. The only gripe I have - is that there's no way to fix it down, ie, mount it permanently as I need to do in my setup... but then it's not really designed for that, I guess, and a pair of sticky Velcro pads does the job.

The Bluetooth receiver is rechargeable, and so has to be charged (via a USB charger lead, supplied) before it will work - but it seems to take only five or ten minutes to achieve sufficient charge to work for quite a while. On a full charge it lasts for a whole day of fairly constant use.

Range-wise, it quotes 10 metres and I think that is more or less honest, maybe pushing it slightly. I'd say maybe 9 or 10 metres MAX, with line-of-sight (ie through open air) and at that point it is beginning to break up a bit. However for what I need, it's great. I have it wired into my camper, inside a cubby hole, and I can sit outside with my phone in my pocket, maybe 3 or 4 metres away from the Bluetooth adapter, squirting music at it, with no problems at all, despite the fact that it's going through the aluminium/wood body of the camper and the phone is in my pocket.

The one control button, the two 3.5mm connector jacks (sound and power), and the blue LEDs, have a quality feel and overall the thing is solid and well made. When hooked into my amp and speakers, it makes a very pleasing happy 'bing-bong' noise through the speakers when you pair to it, and a sadder-sounding 'bing-bong' noise when you disconnect... excellent !! :-) All in all, delightful little bit of kit, thoroughly recommended.

Hope this helps :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars probably my best buy ever!!!!, 17 Aug. 2014
probably my best buy ever!!!!
+ easy to pair with multiple devices (macbook, iPhone etc)
+ crystal clear sound
+ no dropouts
+ delivered <24hrs!
+ does the job of much more expensive items

- none. Just make sure you use quality interconnects if you do get any noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars August MR220B Bluetooth Audio Receiver - great for local wireless, 31 Oct. 2014
Just larger than 5 credit cards, this excellent unit does a good job at getting bluetooth music transferred to all manner of amplifiers. I was surprised by the on-board rechargeable battery. The range is limited - it certainly won't go through a wall, but I did get 6m through 4 people in a large hall (although I did have it connected to a PSU throughout), which was then hooked up to a 8KW concert PA system - which will find flaws in reproduction if they are there! It sounded ok - not like a direct feed, but good enough for incidental. Overall, I've paid 10 times more for an interconnect that didn't have any more to add to the sound, so I'm very happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if it worked properly, 26 Feb. 2015
When I first got this I was really impressed, it's tiny, easy to conceal, easy to use, simple and straight forward, and just a good bit of tech. But after a while, within the first few days of having it I started to have problems. The connection will drop for no reason (nothing to do with distance or anything) and will not connect properly again. It tries to connect and just gives up, playing havoc with my laptop (Macbook pro 2014 13 inch). Nine times out of ten after unpairing the device from my laptop, restarting my computer and repairing the device, it continues to work. But this isn't always the case. Sometimes the device will work with no problems for a day at the most but it is guaranteed to stop working again when I come back to my laptop. I stupidly thought this problem might go away with an update of some sort on my laptop because I don't have this issue when connecting my iphone, but I know the problem isn't my laptop because other bluetooth devices have no issues with my laptop. And I have now missed the return date because I thought the problem would fix itself. Not happy. Only gave 2 stars because it would be a good bit of kit if it worked properly. This problem is very frustrating as you can imagine, trying to listen to or watch something and not only does the connection drop but it also freezes my laptop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but requires constant restarting., 1 Dec. 2014
Its ok for a simple solution as long as its constantly streaming audio, but it gets a bit frustrating as you need to restart it every time the music/sound stops for more than a minute. I want something to simplify my life, not complicate it requiring me to stand up and restart every time music stops. I would recommend investing a bit more in something with better pairing capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works we'll, 15 Mar. 2014
Thinking of buying a bluetooth speaker but they all look expensive and do not deliver sound like my onkyo amp and speakers....therefore £10 to convert my onkyo to bluetooth is ace and works well with free spotify

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little device - Needs better battery life, 3 Jan. 2014
This allows you to make any speaker wireless and it does it's job well with good range and unaffected sound quality. The only problem is that it has short battery life (20mins) and it does not work whilst you charge it up from a dead battery.