5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book.
Seriously, read it.

When I first read the blurb it sounded like it was going to be something along the lines of 'Sex and the City' or 'Lipstick Jungle' or 'Four Blondes' - chick lit that followed the lives of four friends with impossibly glam careers and men - and I thought "Perfect! A little bit trashy. Just what I'm after right now!" ....

But it...
Published 5 months ago by R. Duffell

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
I liked the dating advice better than the book, although I found the characters were ones that I could relate to. Light hearted reading with monthly good friend advice that was nice to hear and a bit different
Published 22 months ago by caroline rainford

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book., 4 Feb. 2015
R. Duffell - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Awesome Girl's Guide to Dating Extraordinary Men (Kindle Edition)
Seriously, read it.

But it wasn't like that at all, it was intelligent, well written with characters I was exasperated with and loved in equal measure. Thursday says at the start 'You know me, or at least you know women like me.' and that's true of all the characters, they come to life on the page and I swear I know all of them in real life. I wanted to know their stories, I hurt for them, I rooted for them and that just doesn't happen unless characters and plot are as well written as this.

I've only recently become more educated on feminism, issues of race (especially those faced by black women) and SAGA/LGBT and it had made me very aware of how often these things are shied away from in books/films/popular culture so it was refreshing and exciting to see all of them tackled in one book.

Definitely not just your average chick lit! I loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 8 Nov. 2013
An enjoyable read from the library, may even buy it. Whilst the trials and tribulations of the main characters have you thinking that they need a good shake, this says as much about them being easy to relate to. An accurate portrayal of relationships between friends and their partners. A pleasant and non-challenging read that I found hard to put down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 3 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 28 Mar. 2015
It takes almost half the book to get going, but when it does.... it really does! Not what I was expecting at all. I could definitely see myself and my friends in the characters portrayed in the book. A really great read. I would highly recommended giving it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is truly an awesome book, 12 Feb. 2015
I loved reading this book and getting to know the characters. Its not a self help book and there is no such thing as a guide but its an insight into the minds of women whether black or white. beautifully written and constructed slightly disappointed it ended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't want it to end, 4 Mar. 2015
This book was a slow start for me but wow it made up for it soon enough! I'll be reading this again soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Will have you laughing, 15 Feb. 2015
D. Asante Larbi (London) - See all my reviews
This book is funny, unpredictable and just an awesome read! I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will recognise yourself and others., 16 May 2015
The characters are you and the people you know, in part or full.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Feb. 2015