5.0 out of 5 stars amazing
Quite simply this is one of the most well thought out and performed rock album since muse origin in 2002, i honestly believe this will go on in years to come as a truly classic double rock album and there arnt to many of them around.
Biffy will never be able to top this epic sounding lp and will have to strip down a bit for the next album.It is though one of if not...
Published on 18 May 2013 by jjustboy

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing
The band i love are clearly no more. The first three albums are insanely good. Puzzle is pretty good and then the slide starts. This isn't Biffy as i know them. Its a pop record. In fact it's worse, it's a Fall Out Boy Album.

Its not the worst thing i've ever heard, but its not the best either. You can stick it on in the backround and it's completley...
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by P.J.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl Copy - Bad sound and squeaky, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Opposites [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Can't fault the album itself as have other copies of it and it's brilliant

However the presentation of the vinyls are great but sadly they sqeak a lot sound pretty bad not authentic and they are very large feeling very compressed inside my record player which plays every other record under the sun fine!

Lovely gift but let down

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Opposites (Audio CD)
Love this album, full of great songs from a great band, would definately reccommend to all my friends, spot on!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bands around today, and brilliant album, 11 Jun. 2014
I love Biffy Clyro, and this album is amazing from start to finish, not one bad song on it, and all the songs are recorded really well. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 4 May 2014
I have loved Biffy Clyro for a long time, and have been lucky enough to see them live on many occasions. I love this album, and feel that it is a natural progression for them, without "selling out" as such. I know that some think that they have, but is the idea not for a band to be enjoyed by as many people as possible. This has brought them to a different level in my opinion.

There is not a bad track on the album, and some typical Biffy riffs, but also the beautiful heartfelt songwriting of which Simon Neil is so capable. Some gorgeous songs. Keeps you interested throughout.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
When I was a kid, albums could be as short as 40 minutes, as few as 8 songs. This offering from the mighty Scottish band has 20 songs a total of 78 minutes of good quality independent rock music. The finest export since Runrig :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Feb. 2014
I love this album. I love all the songs but the first disc I just can't stop listening to. Biffy Clyro are just amazing. This is definitely my favourite album from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the list of very few great double albums, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I'm not a fan of double albums, in most cases they are just lazy, there are some obvious exceptions to this. I am happy to say this is one of them. If you are an person who listens to albums in full, not only are you a good person, but you will love this. It has a proper feel to it, a natural flow and at no point did I think it went on to long. Often when I've listened to it, I am gutted there isn't more because it is that intense.

For the causal 'single' listener, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for Biffy fans, 28 Jan. 2014
J. G. Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Despite the daunting double album format, this album completely blew me away. 'Old Biffy' stalwarts are missing out on an album packed with festival anthems (Black Chandelier, Picture A Knife Fight, A Girl and His Cat) quieter little ditties such as Opposite and more experimental types such as the mariachi- flavoured Spanish Radio with a cracking stoner rock riff worth hanging in for!

I also consider the album as a nice intro to Biffy despite it being a step from what they have done previously. It's been winning awards for a reason!

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year, 16 Jan. 2014
The Old Dead Pig (northwest england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
In a year when I rated 5 albums a perfect 10 (unheard of), this was the best. It's essential to get the full 20 track version, the reduced price 12 track single album makes no sense. If you'd told me at the beginning of 2013 that my favourite album of the year would be a double concept album by Biffy Clyro I would have laughed in your face until I dropped from exhaustion. I have found some of Biffy's previous stuff so bad that I have actually laughed out loud when hearing it on the radio. Can't even remember why I listened to this in the first place - was probably very drunk. But I must have played it 100 times last year and never got bored. If anyone's interested, the other 10/10 albums for me last year were Arctic Monkeys "AM", The National "Trouble will find me", Phosphorescent "Muchacho" and Drenge's self-titled debut. Buy them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Another great album from them, easy to listen to as all of the songs are of great quality. Great Band.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›