5.0 out of 5 stars Pressie for my 70 yr old mother
Published 8 months ago by Linda Obrien

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Lens - TWICE
I know it is fairly priced but theres no reason why it should be a piece of rubbish. Honest, had to return 2 of these because lens would not come out. First one after working well for a good weekly use second one immediately after receiving it. Disappointed with such a camera giant like Nikon. Would not recommend this product to anyone. Maybe I was unlucky.

The...
Published 10 months ago by George in Jersey

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressie for my 70 yr old mother, 9 Nov 2013
Linda Obrien "masterminded" (Rugby UK) - See all my reviews
I have a fit and active 70 year old mum who was looking for a digital camera for herself, I bought it for her birthday, she loves it. She managed to get it up and running without looking at the manual. she says its it a nice tidy sized camera with a good visible screen, the controls are easy to navigate, it takes great, clear pictures which she has managed to upload to her computer and send to her brother in Australia! Its a clear winner for her , so I'm happy, Bargain too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good point & shoot with control, 26 Aug 2013
This has become my favourite snap camera. Auto setting produce good results but easy to switch off flash (top button) or select scenes and image resolution. I particularly like the AA batteries, there is an option for rechargeables to cope with the lower voltage and carrying spares is straightforward. Having said that, they last a long time. I also find the bulge on the right side for the battery compartment comfortable to hang on to; I have a slimmer camera but it is all too easy for it to slip out of my grip.

Only drawback so far is that when viewing stored photos the lens stays out until it goes into sleep mode (or whatever it is). Then it stays in and out of the way, but maybe there is a way to overcome this I haven't yet discovered.

I got this as it was so cheap I hoped I would carry it everywhere and not worry about damaging or losing it including on bike trips, and I expected some limitations. I do carry it around a lot, and it seems to have no faults. My expensive camera with supposedly better and more features gets left at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking wee camera!, 14 Aug 2013
My work originally purchased two of these cameras for use during hours but the staff loved them so much that we all ended up purchasing our own. Very easy to use with fantastic images. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the lid, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX L27 Compact Digital Camera - White (16.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
A good camera that we purchased to take photographs. Not too technical but does the job well. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, 11 April 2013
Ms. J. K. Edwards (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This camera is so easy to use! It produces wonderful quality photographs even in low light. It also has a good sound quality on the video. Will be using it a lot !

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon., 6 Sep 2013
What a great little compact camera.Its so easy to use.We are so pleased with the photos,we have had.I would definitely recommend this camera.
A little winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix L27, 10 Mar 2013
Think this is great. Very small and fits easily into your pocket-which is what I needed a camera for right now. Image quality is very good in easy auto mode and seems to do most of what anyone would need most of the time. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Great Quality and Quick to use, 4 May 2013
Perfect, Great Quality and Quick to use

Well recommended for anyone.

Have had no problems or issues with it.

Worth the buy and money

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Lens - TWICE, 24 Aug 2013
George in Jersey (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews

The batteries, my own duracell rechargeables, lasted a lengthy time before requiring recharging.

Amazon were very helpful in their understaning of the issues I had with these cameras so maybe a known problem. Thank-you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Delightful No Frills Camera!, 17 April 2013
I was searching for a simple AA battery operated camera whose intended usage is taking family photos. I was looking for something intuitive enough that I can use straight away without reading a hundred page manual first. I'm pleased to say that this Nikon fits the bill perfectly and produces quality photos that far exceed my expectations. For those who don't want to fiddle with the settings, you can choose the brilliant Easy Auto Mode that intelligently selects the optimum options depending on your surroundings. One feature that I absolutely love is having the date and time automatically imprinted on the photos. This unit does not come with memory card and case with it and at its price point I can't really complain. If you have a spare SDHC card laying around that you can use then good for you. I don't so I ordered SanDisk 16Gb SDHC SecureDigital High Capacity Card - Frustration Free Packaging together with my purchase. I took a chance and also ordered the AmazonBasics Camera Case for Digital Cameras Leather without knowing if it will fit. I was delightfully relieved when it fit like a glove. Now my Nikon looks cool in it, can be easily carried around and is well protected. This Nikon L27 comes highly recommended if your photography needs are as not as demanding as mine.