5.0 out of 5 stars The cover looks mills and boon
I think if you judge a book by it's cover (I often do) then I think you would anticipate this being a classic mills and boon romance.
I'm happy to report it's not.

The recipe is a little unusual: It's chic-lit meets sci-fi meets thriller with pinch of who-dun-nit.

I did find it refreshing to have a new and unpredictable story.

The...
Published 15 months ago by the lambanana

3.0 out of 5 stars French time travel and dancing...
Published 15 months ago by Stella

5.0 out of 5 stars The cover looks mills and boon, 12 Nov. 2013
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm happy to report it's not.

I did find it refreshing to have a new and unpredictable story.

The book has Claudia who is slightly dissatisfied with her life, pregnant whilst in love with another man.

She awakes in 1950's Paris, in the body of Ruby, a cabaret performer.

Ruby (Claudia) is the wrongly accused prime suspect in a murder.

Can she resolve this within five days?

A recommended light read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing with paris, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance) (Kindle Edition)
Intriguing and inspiring couldn't wait to pick it up again always wanted to go to Paris will be there soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dancing in Paris, 8 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It makes you wonder if you made different choices, where and what would you be doing now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juliette never fails to deliver, 13 Aug. 2013
Life for Claudia in modern day Los Angeles is complex. Her father was killed when she was a child, an event she will never get over and one her mother still seems to blame her for. She discovers the father of her unborn child is already married, then that her sexy dance partner (with whom sparks fly) has also just got engaged. After a fall she wakes up to find life is about to get more complex than ever. Claudia finds herself in Paris, in 1959, and in the body of a dancer called Ruby, who is a past life version of herself. She has been given the task to put right some wrongs, but the consequences of her actions will have a lasting impact on Ruby's life, Claudia's life and the lives of those around her. With a foggy memory of events and little guidance, can she make better decisions this time around?

This is one of those books that keeps leading you in different directions so you have no idea where it will be when it ends, although happily ever after is what you keep hoping for, but is that possible for both Ruby and for Claudia? I loved Juliette's descriptions of Paris and as in her previous novels her love of the city shines through. Time travel and romance entwined across the ages is not an easy subject to write about and make it seem believable, but from the beginning I was intrigued enough to keep reading and it worked for me. Juliette never fails to deliver on the girlie romance side of things.

I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing "Dancing with Paris" - Present & Past, 3 Aug. 2013
Lunar Shine "Moon Shadow" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dancing with Paris is a novel about time travel and past lives, without being `off the wall'.

It's 2012 and Dancing with Paris finds our main character Claudia, a successful Therapist, dancing in San Diego Studio of her Grandmother with the dashing Édouard Marceau.
At this point, only Claudia knows that after a one night stand with someone else, she has fallen pregnant. Just when she thinks her life cannot get any more complicated, Claudia takes a tumble and is knocked unconscious....

In Chapter 2 Claudia wakes up, but she is in Paris, sometime in the 1950's and in the body of Ruby Kerrigan, a glamorous cabaret star, and the number one suspect in the murder of one of her fellow dancers, Gisele!!

Things begin to get complex. Claudia is in the body of a sassy nightclub performer, Ruby. She continuously seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and a complex web begins to entwine itself around her. The light in Claudia's life is ignited when she meets, (under stressful circumstances), a handsome and mysterious French doctor, Antoine.
The twists and turns of the web becomes very intriguing and the reader will enjoy trying to guess the ending.

Juliette Sobanet has spent lots of time living and studying in Paris and it has a special meaning to her. She bases her novels in France because she wants to sweep her readers away to this romantic, vibrant setting. Dancing with Paris certainly does this. I felt as though I was transported to Paris with Claudia/Ruby, walking through the streets, meeting the different characters in this novel. An intriguing read. I really enjoyed this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 12 Sept. 2014
Just finished reading this and I can't recommend it enough. I read a lot of romantic comedies so this was something a bit different to the norm but I would read it again in a flash! Full of intrigue, mystery, romance and edge-of-your-seat drama that meant I couldn't put it down. I absolutely loved how it kept me guessing right until the end. Really hope there are more books by Juliette Sobanet as I want more of the same please!

3.0 out of 5 stars French time travel and dancing..., 24 Nov. 2013
Stella (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The summary for this grabbed me and sounded really interesting and I was sure I'd really like it. It gets good reviews too. Unfortunately I wasn't as enamored with it as I'd hoped or expected to be. I couldn't really work out what kind of book it was supposed to be. Mystery? Romance? Thriller? Paranormal? I think it's meant to be mostly a romance but it's got a bit of everything, (which sometimes works out well) and I just didn't warm to it. I didn't get enough of any one genre and it seemed to jump from one to the next a bit too much. I don't understand why I didn't like it more than I did. I don't normally have a problem when a book covers multiple genre's but with this one I just didn't get enough of any one of them to make it satisfying.

I'm actually thinking about giving it a few months and going back to this for a re-read as sometimes I like books better the second time around. I'm hoping that is the case with this one as the story itself is something that usually I'd go for. If it gets better with time I'll be back to edit and update this. For now though, I'm sticking with 'it was ok'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 1 Oct. 2013
KatyScott "Katy Scott" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Interesting. A sort of romance meets sci-fi meets thriller.

As a consequence it's a difficult book to catogorise.

However, I found it well written, enjoyable and not at all predictable.

Worth reading.

You should not be disappointed.
Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Nov. 2013
S. Mellor "Bookmark" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Another brilliant blockbuster from Juliette! Fantastic storyline, set over almost 100 years, yet still totally relevant to the time it's set! I loved every mysterious minute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 10 Aug. 2013
I was lucky enough to discover Juliette from a free book and i have now read all of her books. I love here style of writing and she really transports you to the time and place.
Myself i am not a great writer so the best review i can give is the five stars that says it all. If you like romance then give it a try.