5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking fun!!
There are a huge number of t.v shows about detectives solving murders. Especially from America. It is difficult to make one that is new and different from the others.
This is the hugely entertaining series about a very successful writer who follows a female detective around to get stories for his new books.
Each episode is a new case which is always completely...
Published 15 months ago by Cabbages

1.0 out of 5 stars Castle series 1 - 4
This has to be one of my mad moment purchases!! From the minute I started watching, I felt Oh no!! The humour was banal, the story lines stupid, Not a patch on British detectives - I am afraid in this case my local charity shop reaped the benefits!!
Published 10 months ago by sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking fun!!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Each episode is a new case which is always completely different and their underlying relationship as it develops.
This is excellent fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, each story is good fun and thoroughly enjoyable to watch. It rarely gets samey and the script and acting make it all the more addictive. It has genuinely funny and touching moments and great re watchability.
Recommended for anyone who likes good fun programmes with great stories and love watching great relationships between all characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I spent a few days watching the boxset and loved it. I missed the first 2 so now it all makes sense to me and catching up with some of season 4 that I missed was great too.

I love Castle and this was a must have!

A great price for the boxset, really pleased with it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Castle season 1-4, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyable mix of drama romance and comedy with fantastic characters a must for the murder mystery fan and also enjoyable for those who aren't :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice series, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
My wife and me were searching for something entertaining, with a little bit of suspense. The series seems to fulfill both of it (we are still within the first season, I ll update if my opinion should change). It is not too heavy (crime scenes only at the beginning) or bloody and the relationship between the two main characters are a lot of fun.
4 stars only because the crimes are always so quickly solved (takes the whole episode, but conclusions change very quickly from one suspect to another and even while they stay logically enough to believe them, I always have the feeling at the end that it was "too easy"). So be aware this is not a crime series where you have a lot of time of thinking about the "who did it".
If you want to enjoy a nice light TV evening, then go for it, you will enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just soooooo good, 16 May 2013
L. Turner "neva" (france) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I never give anything 5 stars (oh, sorry, always give Scott Walker 5) but this is just brill. I have wasted about a week watching 81 episodes and also the new series, 5, online. My sixth form told me about Castle and basically its just fun. Possibly more suitable for 18 year olds and nothing like your Scandinavian murders! There is nothing vaguely intellectual about Castle, it is American after all, but, to repeat myself, its fun.
Oh sorry, just checked my old reviews, gave Twinings Lavender Earl Grey and The Hollow Crown 5 stars. Am getting way to generous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
This show is incredible; the talents of the actors are absolutely flawless. It will have your heart racing, and you'll never guess who the true criminals are until it happens! Absolutely enthralling, would give it 100/5 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
witty, scatty, definitely a screen chemistry between all the characters,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 10 Nov 2013
Simon Skinner (Penge, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I got hooked on this show when it first came out and was constantly watching the reruns, now I can watch whenever I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SHOW, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this show and this box set is great for the extras like deleted scenes, gag reels and commentaries. It also came much quicker than I expected! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Interesting story lines and characters. Enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Beckett and Castle. Having Castle's family involved is an interesting and grounding added extra.

Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Castle - Season 1-4 [DVD] by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2013)
34.99