1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Humanity with heart!!!, 1 Nov 2013
brenda (LADERA RANCH, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart of Humanity (Reliance on Citizens Makes Us Great! Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
"Equal treatment truly does make our society great."

This story opens and takes you right into this other realm. The action grabs your attention while the adventure plays out. The writing is fluid and draws the reader in. We are now so familiar with these characters that it all somehow feels personal. My eyes were glued to the page wondering in which direction we were being steered. There is a natural ease and flow to these stories that make you forget you are reading and not seeing the story play out in front of you. The subject matter of bullying is an ever present problem that entered into this story in a constructive way. It is a topic that should not be ignored. I also appreciated the dealings with the class system and I loved getting perspectives from several points of view.

This trilogy is not only clever and imaginative but it is more than that. They seem to have a life of their own as I found myself thinking about this tale long after I closed the book. Each story stands on their own but I suggest you start with Price of a Bounty. That book is a real treasure.

"I pulled back, then released the dagger with a fluid flick of my wrist. It flew straight and true, hitting the man in the shoulder. He grunted but held onto the riffle, then turned to face me. On full alert, I crouched with my hand on my gun, ready for anything. Or so I thought. It wasn't a man. It was a boy."