1,131

on 8 August 2013
I purchased one of the 1M Pro Cables to replace an existing 'cheap' HDMI cable that was occasionally dropping the video connection between my Receiver and TV.

It's hard to know what price to pay for a quality HDMI cable. You get what you pay for is only true up to a certain point. With the range in prices going from silly £80 plus on the high street for so called 'top quality' down to ultra cheap £1-£2 then one would think £20 - £30 may well be the right price for a good quality cable.

KabelDirekt seem to have managed to produce a very high quality cable for a very reasonable price (sub £10). You can see and feel the quality when you take the cable out of the wrapper. Not only does it look the part but it plays the part too. The connector is tight in the socket, the cable flexible enough to bend where you want it (given that a good quality cable is quite thick) and the picture quality is top notch.

The good selection of sizes on offer is a nice touch too. I'd recommend measuring the distant between equipment sockets and buying the smallest one required instead of having a collection of anacondas behind the TV.

I was so pleased with my purchase I made another one and will be back for more as and when I need them. It's nice to find a quality supplier of goods these days in the sea of junk that is out there!
on 27 March 2013
I was looking for replacement HDMI cables as I was putting them into the wall so as they can't be seen.
I bought three of them, I needed to connect my xbox, 3d blue ray and my virgin box.
As I needed extra long I went for the 5m ones. Had a little bit of trouble putting them in the wall but that was not the fault
of the cable. After I had set everything up the picture quality on all devices was excellent.
If you are looking for a good quality cable at a reasonable price then look no further.
Great sound quality and great picture quality from these HDMI cables. I would definitely recommend these to my friends.
on 21 January 2013
What can I say - it's works perfectly as a HDMI cable, audio/video quality perfect. Great value for money but best of all it reaches easily from the tv to my Asus Transformer TF300 on the sofa! ;)
on 7 June 2012
It feels very durable and is soft (unlike most hdmis that are made out of some sort of coil) and bends around corners etc very easily.

I do see the usual pink screen and black flashes but I am happy that it is alot less on this cable then the one I had before

I used it on a Sony Bravia 40" with my PC Dell Inspiron 530 with a graphic card radeon 5450

There was a problem connecting the two. The PCI-E port was on the top of the available slots so the cable was not fitting nicely in the slot which so I had to cut the top part of the cable (which goes in the pc) so it would fit.
on 9 July 2015
I got this item for free via KabelDirekt on Amazon in exchange for a review on here. In all honesty, it does what it says on the tin. It's a HDMI cable and gets the job done. No issues at all plugging it into the TV and hooking my laptop up. It seems better built than most other HDMI cables out there and much more durable due to the thickness of the cord. The ends are also nice and of better quality than cheaper alternatives. The added length of 5 meters rather than the standard 1 also makes it more versatile as it reaches further, but that goes without saying.

However, due to the thickness and rounded shapes of the ends I did find it more difficult to plug in (see photo 2) as you have to maneuvere it more and the cable is thick... Really thick - double the width at least of your standard cable which you can see for yourself in the first photo I've posted (left is standard, right is this product). Will it cause problems on a day to day level? Provably not, but I personally prefer my products to be streamlined so it's out of preference really. For the quality I would definitely recommend this product, but I would have personally stuck with my standard HDMI, skinny cable. Nice little freebie from KabelDirekt, but don't think I would have spent the £5.99 on it myself.
review image review image
on 2 August 2013
I remember paying about £30 for 1m of HdMI from the store which I bought my TV from because it was apparently the best and gives optimum picture. Load of rubbish. This does the same job for a fraction of the price. There are cheaper options but I though I'd play it safe and go for this moderately priced one. I was also skeptical that because its 5m it might be a problem- not at all.
So far I have tried it on my blu ray player and it works fine. I unreservedly recommend this product.
Edit: I also got a 5m hdmi to micro hdmi cable. It was also very good, same as the previous one.
on 23 February 2013
I needed a reasonably long cable to link up my av receiver to my tv, which is mounted on a cantilever bracket.
My 2 major needs were that it had to have adequate slack to accommodate the bracket being moved into different positions and that it was capable of carrying a 3D signal.
For this price I thought I would take a gamble, if it didn't work then I haven't lost too much cash.
But I was pleasantly surprised, this cable does the job fantastically. The gamble paid off.
Just watched Prometheus in 3D and I was blown away.
I highly recommend this cable.
on 2 January 2014
Had been having problems with a 20m HDMI cable bought from Ebay, which had intermittent signal drops while watching 1080p 24 blu rays. Normally the picture would return after about 5 seconds, but some times it didn't. I know that with HDMI anything over 10m can be a bit hit and miss, so I carefully measured out the minimum amount of cable I'll need get from the blu ray player to the projector, 15m is enough with a little bit spare and so far I've had no problems with this cable at all, no signal drops with anything I've thrown at it.
on 14 February 2014
I was concerned about the length as I wanted 1080p@60Hz from my PC to the 46" Samsung TV downstairs but it works great. 15m wasn't quite enough and I didn't want to take the jump up to 20m so I added the cheapo HDMI active repeater from Amazon and a no-name 2m cable on the other side of that and everything still works wonderfully.

Update: I can also confirm that this cable + the cheapo repeater + the 2m no-name cable still works great even with 3D games from the PC (full interleaved 3D @ both 1080p/24Hz and 720p/60Hz).
on 9 October 2012
Bought this HDMI cable not expecting much from a cheap cable due to bad experiences with cheap HDMI cables as I cannot warrant spending over £20 on a cable for a slighly better picture, but I was expecting you get what you pay for.

As I was looking to use this cable on a 3D DVD Player and Sky3D and SkyHD I wasn't expecting much from the 3D but as soon as I plugged it in and got it all set up and ready to go I was shocking suprised how well it was displaying 3D and HD content on a high end 3D/HD TV, I have also tried this out on an Xbox 360 through 1080p and the quality was exceptional, I paid around £1.99 around 4 months for it I think and that was an absolute bargain but the price now is still a bargain buy.

I have been using this cable for a matter of months and cannot complain about it, I would say sack off the expensive £20+ cables and go with one of these, I have also compared the quality of this cable to an expensive £39.99 cable which a friend owns and the quality was identicle in my eyes.

Overall, I would say buy this cable!

Highly reccomended!