on 19 December 2014
Mostly because I only use TurboCAD occasionally, I have struggled to learn it since about version 1 for windows 3.1! The best lessons were issued with around V 8 when I was taught to draw (as an exercise) a mobile telephone – alas long gone and forgotten! I am a retired aircraft engineer (obviously with an understanding of drawings and wiring diagrams) with model engineering as a hobby and treat the program as an additional tool in my workshop. I bought this particular version principally because it was only 2D and it had an instruction program with it (and is thus suggested to be less complicated than the 2D/3D version). After watching the instruction programs several times some of the instruction is slowly sinking in - but it is very hard work. The tools are quite miraculous in what they achieve! Unfortunately the instructional program covers several versions and that complicates matters somewhat. The ‘Help Menu’ also has a ‘Getting Started Videos’ series of programs on it which very clearly show how the multitude of controls are supposed to work. Even after a few weeks of watching the instructional videos this program is still very hard work.
For some weird reason my CAD program issues an Error Message on start-up ‘The Operation completed successfully’ and the Inspector Bar persistently shrinks to a small size repeatedly during the instruction program. Highly irritating. I am sure that the makers would sell a lot more of their TurboCAD programs if they issued a proper student interactive instructional program which made the students feel good on completion of their drawing exercise.
on 22 January 2014
A very good programme with excellent tutorials. Easy to get started and drawing straight away.
Excellent value for money. Works well with Windows 8.
on 26 April 2014
My AutoSketch stopped working when I upgraded my pc to Windows 8. The 64 bit compatible AutoSketch is a ridiculous price. Note my Windows 8 upgrade warning. This TurboCAD is 64 bit compatible and works with Windows 8.

Not quite as intuitive as AutoSketch but more capable at a fraction of the price. Tutorials are available and necessary.
on 18 March 2014
Not quite as easy to get into it as I thought it would be.The manual is far more comprehensive than most people would want.
on 28 March 2015
As a first time user of any CAD programme, I was initially worried that a steep learning curve awaited me. The accompanying tutorials plus plenty more excellent help via YouTube (particularly those posted by Paul Tracey) eased the path to reasonable proficiency within a few short sessions. I am thoroughly impressed with the package. It does everything I expected and more. I have now retired my old drawing board in the knowledge that I can now produce excellent results, far better than by hand and with the inherent advantage of being able to edit, amend and update, without redraws - why didn't I try CAD earlier!

As I started to use the package more and more, my only disappointment was the lack of standard items in the library of CAD blocks supplied on the disc. Still, at under £30 not much to complain about, given all the excellent drawing features included.
on 4 April 2015
I have not used turbocd for a while, but remember TC4 being a very versatile program. Designer 2D is TC4 plus very little. It draws technical acale drawings verry well but takes a little learning. I read a number of reviews of this program where people complained it was hard to understand and was not intuitive enough for them. All I can say is "read the instructions" - there is a full set of instructions in the help file and a pdf manual with the installation. It just takes a little time to read and understand, but the rewards are a full set of architectural drawings of your house - or whatever you wish to draw. Have fun.
on 14 December 2014
Too complicated for me. No doubt very capable, but I wanted a simple basic program I could pick up and produce what I wanted in a short time, and this wasn't it.
on 18 February 2015
Not an easy package to use as a beginner. The tutorials and action tabs are not instructive enough on simple actions. Not user friendly
on 15 October 2015
It is okay but very limited, recommend a higher end version.
on 15 June 2015
Found it very non intuitive nothing was easy to do