on 28 May 2013
This is the second set of these lights I have bought and paid a bit more for the extra silvered brolly option. The silvered version concentrates more of the light and is an extra boost onto the subject. I use combinations of the diffuser brolly and silvered brolly to greater effect that just using the diffuser brollies alone. I like these lights as am not keen on flash which can make my subjects blink and feel less relaxed. Two lights was not quite enough when shooting groups but 4 works well. 2 lights were ok for single subjects but 4 is definitely preferable in my opinion, although if you use the silvered brollies you may be fine with just the two!
on 11 July 2012
Been looking for a lighting kit for some time. Kit price attracted me and placed order on Sunday, goods delivered Wednesday. Only criticism relates to the packaging. Although, nothing was damaged, the stands and unbrellas were suitably boxed, the lights whilst packaged in a polystyrene moulded carrier within card box were simply sellotaped in a black plastic wrapper to the substantial cardboard box that contained stands and umbrellas.
On opening everything worked ok and imressed with the quality. Looking at You Tube video on PhotSEL softbox lighting kit the stands appear to be the same and the lights come in the same type of polystyrene moulded carrier for safe keeping between usage and transporting. Really good value.
on 1 July 2013
Great value as a home studio lighting kit and delivered within a couple of days. Good quality tripods and decent umbrellas.

I initially had a problem with one of the light bulbs which blew within 10 seconds of being turned on for the first time. I contacted the supplier, PMS Ltd, and received a quick response to my email and a replacement bulb within a couple of days - excellent customer service.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the studio lighting kit and the prompt service from PMS.
on 28 October 2012
Really good kit. I was generally surprised about the good quality considering the price was so low. Stands are as good as any others I've owned
on 27 July 2013
For the price this is an excellent bit of additional lighting. Depending on your level of photography it could be a useful bit of fill-in lighting or usable as a basic portrait set. The durability is unlikely to serve a professional but it is fine for occasional use.
on 22 October 2013
well worth buying, bought these for my own personal photo studio and what great results I have achieved, really bright lights that give very pleasing professional results, with the lights and umbrellas placed right you can take photos with out the need of using a camera flash, very good quality and would have no hesitation in buying more in the future,
on 15 February 2014
I really satisfied with the product and the seller. As I received the kit I found out that one bulb was loose/broken. I contacted the seller who got back to me on the very next day. A few days later not only I got a replacement for the broken bulb, but I actually got two bulbs instead. Both of them are absolutely fine.
on 5 December 2012
I have only one critisism and critisism is perhaps too strong a word. The kit would greatly benefit from larger umbrellas.

The stands are nicely made. There are no rough edges. There is one tightening bolt for the tripod legs and one each for the two extending segments. All have a firm action and do the the job well.

The light bulbs are enourmous but all the same use the standard household thread. That means you can use a variety of low energy bulbs should you desire. Because they use a standard thread there are a variety of bulbs that can be used opening up the possibility of some interesting permutations.

A great kit for a great price.
on 28 October 2013
for the price this set is fantastic.
I would recommend shopping for some additional bulbs if setting up in a large facility but for a starter set this is perfect.

and the sellers customer service is exceptional
on 1 October 2013
When this came I was very surprised at just how much there was for the money! Had a problem with a switch. They responded quickly. Best value product.....excellent customer service. Highly recommend.