Size: 3m|Change

on 28 September 2013
Just a pleasure to use. The metal finish feels durable, and has the look of a quality product. The ends of the cable have a particular ribbed design which means it's hard for them to just snap off. The cable itself is thicker than most earphone cables, and has never tangled in the last month. The worst case would require you to just shake it!

One thing though - it is heavier than you might expect. But the slimness of the metal ends (compared to other extension cables) and its quality feel make up for this.
on 15 June 2014
This adaptor cable works fine and is ideal for modern headphones where manufacturers think you are going to spend a fortune on a pair of cans and just use them on the move plugged into your tablet. DOH
I have a pair of B&W P7s, beautiful headphones with a glorious sound that I only use at home plugged into my NAIM streamer. But they have a ridiculously short cable.
This product extends the cable and I could detect NO degradation of sound - JOB DONE.
on 27 February 2014
Delivered promptly well packed, I was surprised with the quality of the extension cable as a number of reviews made me wary.
Overall great service and extension used regularly - thank you
on 29 July 2014
I have a set of good headphones which I have had for years and are still going strong. Problem was the cable isn't that long, so it was a quandary do I buy an extension cable or dump my old headphones in favour of buying a set of cordless headphones? Ye gods the cost of modern headphones these days you need a small mortgage, and don't get me started on the outlandish colours. Do I really need to be seen in public with sky blue pink and yellow dots on. What's wrong with plain black?

Anyway I digress, I opted for this cable (after all why throw away good existing headphones) after what seemed hours of trawling through various sellers and reviews it seemed the message of you only get what you pay for, was loud and clear.. This lead is very well made and it works very well. No loss of sound. The jack plugs are made of good metal and will no doubt stand the test of repeated plug and unplug. I also like fact that it is a UK product from a UK company and not a cheap import.

If it's a good quality product your after look no further and hit the buy now. If it's just a 'cheap and chatty' well..... as my mother says buy cheap you buy twice.
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2015
I wasted money buying a cheap plasticy extension cable first and it was no good. You had to wiggle the connector around to get it to make proper contact. I decided to stop messing about and buy a decent cable and I'm glad I found this one. It's very good quality and the cord doesn't get tangled. The connectors are of sturdy metal construction and they're slimline enough to plug in through the gap in my phone case and the gap in the leather case for my Fiio X3 DAP.
on 21 March 2013
Very good quality cable, very flexible cable materials and high quality connectors. Used as Headphone cable extension and disconnected/reconnected constantly.
on 16 December 2013
Bought this after going through three cheap 6 meter long cables which developed issues with dropping a channel and noise along with physical connection issues. In the long run the cost of purchasing the cheaper cables equals the cost of one good quality cable. Should have just bought a Fisual cable from the onset. They last long and are good quality. Had the same issues in the past with HDMI cables. After a few months started having issues with sound and images. Changed all cables in the end with upmarket ones and years later not a problem. Guess it's no point scrounging on cables when your equipment costs hundreds of pounds. As they say in the automotive industry, don't buy a Ferrari and put bicycle tyres on the wheels.
on 20 January 2016
I saw cheaper alternatives, that essentially did the same thing, on Amazon, but as a Bower & Wilkins P5 user, I wanted to ensure I wasn't going to be buying a weak-link in my audio experience.

And with this cable, I can definitely say I've not seen any degradation of audio quality at all. Furthermore, I'm equally impressed with the overall quality of the lead itself and the jacks.

This 1m lead has enabled me to more comfortably use my P5 headphones on my iMac with the same high quality sound that I expect. And in that, it's great value.
on 24 January 2016
Definitely misleading. Don't be fooled by the pics and description -- this is actually a thin and flimsy cable with chintzy ends. Purchased to replace uleads, which broke within a year, but these cables are much thinner. The reinforced ends are not nearly as sturdy as they appear in the photo nor are the actual jacks. Shame -- if I didn't actually need the cable right away, I would have returned! And, stupidly, I purchased two... DAMN!

NB: I gave this item 2 stars because of the misleading way it is represented and its value compared to other similarly priced (and some slightly cheaper) products. On its own, probably merits 3, as it is a functional cable; we will see how long it lasts.
on 5 July 2014
I had been trying to find a cable this length for quite some time. I don't like these type of cables when they have really chunky ends. This is one of the only 3.5mm cables that I have that have narrow ends that feel very solid and well made. They are often so cheap that the end up breaking if you don't use it carefully. The cable to me doesn't seem to affect the sound quality compared to plugging my headphones in directly. Proves that a cable doesn't need to be thick to prevent the loss in the sound quality.

It is also one of the most flexible audio cables I have which is handy.

Edit 26/11/14:

This cable now doesn't work at all. It really doesn't match the description given on the packaging. I simply isn't tangle free. I always try and look after cables but this one I now think is too flexible. I had lost sound completely even though there was no sign of damage from the outside. I thought that the thin wires on the inside of the rubber sleeve could have snapped. Since in was no good to me any more and I couldn't return it even though I hadn't even had it for half a year, I took it apart and found that the cables had snapped on the inside. They were extremely thin so it isn't surprising that it didn't last. The description on the box says you can screw it up and put it in your pocket. I didn't treat it anything like this at all and it simply didn't last.

It looks like most people have found this cable good and I could have just been unlucky.