5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary for Monster Hunter
Published 15 months ago by EpicDom

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels perfect with the 3DS ***BUT DOES NOT WORK WITH ALL GAMES**!!
I don';t understand why nintendo would design a really really good product that works well but decides not to let it work for all 3DS games. Only selected games work with this bluetooth pad. It also blocks the stylus which a annoying.
Published 5 months ago by Aun Kent Leong

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary for Monster Hunter, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
I bought this solely for Monster Hunter. I personally didn't feel like I completely needed this as I had got use to using the touch screen for the camera. However, I think when the battles became more difficult and intense, I can't quite imagine not using this. The extra circle pad was helpful for changing the camera in a smoother and slick way. This was not the only benefit of the circle pad pro xl though as the extra shoulder buttons are definitely useful. I mapped these to also help move the position of the camera gradually left and right. This is more helpful when you need your thumb for performing attacks and you can't change the camera position with the extra circle pad at the same time. So in some cases, the extra buttons may be more helpful for camera changes for that reason.

I thought the downside would be the battery life since I'd prefer being able to charge the circle pad pro rather than replace with batteries but I've been playing Monster Hunter for at least 80 hours and the battery life of the circle pad pro is still seemingly going strong. My boyfriend absolutely refuses to play Monster Hunter without the circle pad pro so initially I have to give my one to him and ended up buying another one for myself again. For him this is compulsory for the game. The only downside I can think of is that it is slightly bulky for me but apart from that I can't really fault it. Battery life is great (my boyfriend has been playing Monster Hunter at least 10 more hours than I have and the battery on his one has not ran out yet) and I'm glad there's extra buttons along with the extra circle pad.

I'd recommend this for people who want to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations and Metal Gear Solid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great that we have it, but needs more support!, 24 Mar 2013
Christopher Mayberry "sodagod" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
I pre-ordered this so I could play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it makes the game MUCH more enjoyable with the extra circle pad! :)

The Circle Pad Pro XL makes the 3DS much more comfortable to hold, it almost makes it feel like i'm playing the xbox 360 but have the portability of well... the 3DS. It's a much nicer experience, especially at home! However i'd prefer if ALL games on the 3DS were made to support this optional accessory. I feel that games like Zelda Ocarina of time would benefit from this accessory despite the automated camera functionality in the game being excellent.

So really, more game support would be beneficial and extra features like added battery life would have been nice for the price of this.

But overall i'm happy with my purchase and hope future 3DS games take advantage of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 25 May 2013
Berge (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
I bought it for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and it is definitely a must have for this game (especially for underwater hunting).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kid Icarus Uprising, 8 Sep 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
For those who don't know me I am left handed and I have trouble with most games my worst offender is in fact Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo 3DS) because I tried to play this game right handed (left hand on the circle pad and stylus on my right) and I have to admit that that was really uncomfortable that I traded in Kid Icarus on of my regrets that I have corrected.

So when I changed the controls around to being left handed (stylus on my left to aim and the ABXY buttons on my right to move Pit) which felt right for me but didn't feel right so this is where the Circle Pad Pro comes in and playing Kid Icarus has now been really comfortable.

Other titles like Kid Icarus: Uprising that are compatible with the Circle Pad Pro are... Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS), Resident Evil: Revelations (Nintendo 3DS), Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (Nintendo 3DS), Metal Gear Solid - Snake Eater (Nintendo 3DS) There are a few others too but I don't know them very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved ergonomics, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
The item feels very good while playing (I used it for metal gear solid snake eater), however it also feels a little bit cheap and light, overall Im happy with the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth., 21 May 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
How can you play games like monster hunter without this?

Makes playing the 3ds for longer then an hour, without your hand wanted to die an actual possibility.

Highly recommend picking this up.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
I got this for monster hunter 3 ultimate because of the awkward screen moving and i loved it. BUY BUY BUY BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
Good quality, possibly game support is limited but makes resident evil revelations and monster hunter so much easier.
Well worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars Full Circle, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
This Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro provides the user with an additional analogue stick, for games where you need to move the character and camera together. When attached, the 3DS XL looks rather frankenstein-esque, however, this accessory add-on is comfortable to use and the analogue stick provides good movement and is smooth. When attached to the console, the circle pad pro still gives you access to volume controls, the ability to charge the 3DS XL and access the headphone jack.

Do note that not all games work with the Circle Pad Pro. I have been using it with 'Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D', and the game is far easier to play using the additional analogue stick, than having to use the 'Y, 'X', 'A' and 'B' buttons previously. The Circle Pad Pro uses one AAA size battery and one is supplied in the box. Highly recommended for players who want a more comfortable control method, when playing games on the 3DS XL.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 28 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS) (Accessory)
I got this for Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.

It works like a charm. Too bad Monster Hunter wont let me make R1 or R2 kick, but that is the games fault.

Also, it makes holding the XL feel so much better! What a great grip!

Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro (Nintendo 3DS)