This is something of a mighty atom of a camera. It is quiet small, even by compact standards (easily fits into a shirt breast pocket), and to be honest I wasn't expecting too much from it

Published 8 months ago by Ian Wantling

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung WB30F
The first impression is that this is a good-looking modern camera. It comes with a hand-strap and a mobile phone style charger. This type of charger is an excellent addition as this means one fewer charges to take away when on holiday.
This does mean you couldn't charge a 2nd battery whilst using camera if you wanted to... minor point.

This camera is a...
Published 9 months ago by Sanjay

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic on it's own, even better if you have a Samsung phone...., 30 July 2013
Ian Wantling "Ian Wantling" (The North West.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Happily, I was proved wrong. The camera, when in smart mode, automatically choses the shooting mode (panorama, portrait, low light, etc). The results at 16mp are extremely sharp and will please most point and shoot photographers. But apart from its abilty to take a good photograph, the built in added extras that give the WB30F the edge over anything I've used before - and especially in it's price range. Have a read of the Samsung full description on this page to see the full list of features, but the most used by myself is the All Share facilty. Basically, everytime I take a picture it is automatically sent to my nearby Samsung Galaxy S4 (no wifi needed) and from there it can be posted to any website, emailed, or transmitted up to your cloud (via the 3G network) - so basically your photos are immediately backed up.

The panorama shooting mode is excellent, the remote viewfinder handy, letting you use your phone as the viewfinder and to take the photo. There are lots of other little surprising features, that whilst on their own are not really necessities for a camerea, but coupled with what this little item can actually do and how it performs all add upto a fantastic little package.

So, if you're looking for a do it all, point and shoot camera with a reasonable zoom then the Samsung WB30F won't disappoint, and at a price point of below 120UKP is fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great specifications, great user experience and perfect form., 5 July 2013
Amazon Customer "edz314" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This camera is a joy to use, it's the epitome of point and click yet has enough functions and capability to capture great pictures and apply some fancy effects, it's tiny yet powerful. The screen is nice and bright and works well even in sunlight. Great lens and zoom (wide angle: 28mm and zoom: 43mm) with a great macro zoom down to about 2cm. Images are bright and clear with a good colour response and with an almost overkill pixel rating of 16mp to really capture everything you need. The massive pixel count does drive a very slow continuous drive mode though. Model selector is onscreen not a physical button which could be fiddly.

Flash is good if somewhat a bit too bright, I'm not sure if the meter is working too well.

I found the Wi-Fi app a bit problematic but workable after a while, it took a lot of mucking about to make it work though so approach with caution unless it's really important to you to share pictures to your phone. Wi-Fi connection at home was good though with an incredibly easy connection to my Samsung TV on the same network. I'm working on connecting the camera to my home NAS now so that it backs up everything it stores when it is in range.

Very highly recommended and a great bit of kit.

(update, the app has been improved and works well now.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart Samsung Cam!, 22 Jun 2013
Tone1428 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really lovely little digital camera, small enough to pop in your pocket or in your camera/handbag for quick snaps when you can't be bothered to get your larger camera out! As this takes lovely photos without the larger DSLR's or bridge cameras.
The camera itself is absolutely a piece of cake to set up, the best I have ever seen. Even the time/date setting has been simplified to suit us silver surfers (well probably not specifically for us!)
A word of warning here you will need to purchase a micro SD card to give you extra memory in this camera as the on board memory only allowed me to take two photos before it was full! Incidentally the photos were to a very acceptable standard.
This camera has it all going on really, the 10X optical zoom also has a boost with another 10X digital zoom, mind you the pics will be slightly blurred if the maximum zoom is used. There is also a macro setting which seems to work pretty well too. On the base there is a standard sized tripod thread.
What's in the bag? This seems to be missing from the Amazon page! A glaring oversight if you ask me! OK there obviously is the camera with a `quick set up guide' (the full manual is available online) a wrist strap and a battery charger with both a 3 pin plug and a USB plug too.
It would have been nice if a small camera bag had been included too but I guess for 119.99 you can't expect everything, though because of the lack of case, lack of Micro card and really tiny memory I have only given 4 stars, however that may change after I have given this little beaut the field test it truly deserves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera!, 1 Aug 2013
I wanted a 'cheapish' camera for holidays and survey pics at work, after my trusty Panasonic gave up and died.
This was an excellent choice! For those who want a simple point-and-shoot, this will not disappoint. Set it to smart mode and the camera looks after all settings for you. As others have said, 16mp is a bit of an overkill, unless you want to print A0 posters from your holiday snaps. I adjusted mine to 10mp and the quality is great.
The wi-fi connectivity means you can also email your pics directly from the camera; auto save them to your smartphone or tablet (I've tested with and old iPad 1 and a new Glalaxy Note 10.1); and you can even use your phone as a remote viewfinder, to control the zoom and take pictures.
All this for just under 100 - very happy!
PS: This camera takes a micro SD card. I bought a 16gb one. Set at 10mp, the camera display says I will get 5000+ photos on this card.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, 27 Feb 2014
lovely camera take brill pictures up loads easy to face book really easy to use and the zoom is great

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smart Camera, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Samsung WB30F Smart Camera 2.0 with Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity - Plum (16MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
I purchased this neat little compact camera to replace a small Olympus I had for years. I was a bit worried it would be too complicated to use. The wifi feature allows you to email pics or send them to your telephone instantly is brilliant. Some may think its a gimmick but I love it. AND it takes great photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars No instructions given as to how to use the camera,, 16 Dec 2013
Camara purchased { "SAMSUNG" Lens 43 43mm 1.31-63 24mm.} From "Amazon.

No complaint regarding the appearance and the obvious quality of the camera. However it would have been more useful if a set of instructions had been enclosed with the camera, not being an
expert photographer I find it difficult in using it to it's full capacity. I would be pleased if full instructions could be made available, I'll pay whatever should it be necessary.

W Moore.
12 Redbrook Croft
Owlthorpe
Sheffield S20 6RQ.

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung WB30F, 24 Jun 2013
Sanjay (Leicester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This camera is a good size but not smallest like the Canon Ixus range. I would still call this a leisure camera as it still fits in the pocket nicely. It has an excellent 8.5cm screen (visible)

One major problem with the design is that the flash is near your hand (i.e. the wrong side). For people with larger hands, this means that you'll forever be covering the flash. The higher models use a pop-up flash.

The camera has a number of shooting modes; Program, Auto, Portrait etc. These are accessed via an on screen menu not a mode selector switch on the camera body. This makes it fiddly but as most people will be using this on Auto, this shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately there's no Manual mode.

The lens seems very good. Wide angle at 28mm and full zoom at 43mm; this is more than enough for most uses.

The resolution of 16mp is insanely high. In the war of pixel escalation, this surely is overkill.... unless you're going to blow-up your images to A0? As you're most likely be using this camera to take "selfies" with your mates whilst on holiday then this doesn't really matter.

The flash works well but metering seems too bright. Macro is exceptionally good at just 1" (had fun taking close-ups of insects) and image stabilisation works very well at full zoom. Low light compensation seems very good.

Shutter response is a little slow compared to my Canon Ixus and the zoom response is definitely annoying. Continuous drive is VERY slow (probably due to massive file sizes) to the extent that it's probably quicker just pushing the shutter release repeatedly.

The advertised WiFi app is awful. It just doesn't work. So don't think you'll be sharing any photos with your camera to send via 3G anytime soon! This removes MOST of the perceived benefits of this camera in an instant. If there's any update of this app I shall report accordingly.

Connection to my home WiFi was simple and the Email of photos works very well. Also you can save to Skydrive (no Google drive) or send straight to Facebook
For some reason you can't update the camera software over WiFi & have to rely on a USB connection to your PC.

The biggest problem with this camera is that for a little more money (around 20) you can get the model up (250F) which has the pop-up flash, touchscreen and external mode switch (but a slightly lower pixel count). Combined with non-working app and a few minor glitches, even though this is a great camera, I can't recommend it. Shame

##EDIT## 25th June
The Samsung Smart Camera App now works.
It combines a number of features; Remote viewfinder, Auto Backup & Mobile Link. The most useful of these allow captured photos to automatically be sent to your phone which can then be uploaded to, say, Facebook. The integration is very good which leads me to giving the item an additional star.

##EDIT## 31st July
I've just taken this camera on a 2 week holiday. Unfortunately, the weaknesses in its perfromance has become apparent. The delay between pressing the button , focusing and taking the shot is very poor. Sometimes the camera appears to "hang"... not focussing at all. On the odd occasion I had to press the button repeatedly to get it to do something thus missing a "Kodak moment". My old Ixus 95 is a MUCH better camera with regards to this issue; rapid focus & near instant shots. As the lens is quite wide I often needed to zoom-in slightly but the delay in the zoom is also poor.. again I'd often have to repeatedly use the switch to get it to do something. For these reasons I'm forced to deduct a couple of stars... 2 stars.. stick with Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow,what an amazing camera., 22 Jun 2013
Rob Smith "Rob" (North Wales coast near Conwy) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first samsung camera, I've had Sony, Fujifilm, Kodak, and others, my present camera is the Pentax Q10 which is a lovely camera but fairly complicated.

I use a camera daily as I trade full time via auction sites selling Hi-Fi equipment, a good quality picture helps sell the item, a quality camera is essential.

First impression of the Samsung is very good, It's not a chunky camera, some I have had have been clumsy in my hand, the Fujifilm was difficult to hold, no such issue with the Samsung it is probably the nicest hand fit I have had, all good so far.

Comes with a rechargeable battery, charger and USB connecting cable, you will require a Micro SD card.

Didn't take long to charge, and easy to fit the battery and card, some cameras are fiddly with hard to open compartments, again very impressed with the camera.

The display on the rear is pin sharp, far better than my Pentax and the others I have used.

On the camera you have few buttons, the main features are controlled on screen, easy to navigate, and not over complicated.

You can set the camera to Wifi which was easy, found my wifi signal in seconds added the routers key and I was able to send a picture by email, all you do is enter an email address and its done. You have lots of other options you can use to send the pictures including Facebook which I thought was a great feature, I have used my Smart Phone to take a picture and send it to Facebook but never when I'm on holiday as I ban my mobile, the Samsung will be great.

I set the camera on auto and started clicking in varies light conditions, all pictures are pin sharp, It's not as good as my Pentax Q10 when using it with my light tent but it's still very good, the image's are very clear and natural colour, much better than I had seen on any Digital camera I have had before.

I've quickly fallen for this camera, I can't stop holding it and admiring it (sad I know), my little boy is in a football tournament tomorrow and can't wait to use the samsung, it's got a very good zoom which keeps the pictures sharp and in focus in at distance, my little lad will be impressed If I can get a few close up shots.

This is the best all round camera I have owned, If you are looking for a camera then this is where I would spend my money, it's easy to use, lovely to hold, pin sharp pictures and has wifi, amazing.

I remember Samsung when they first came to the UK (worked in a family business selling TV and Video) they were good value, well featured for the money but they were not a Sony, how things have changed, not only are the features amazing value, but the quality is outstanding, better than my older Sony Digital camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good point and shoot camera, 26 Feb 2014
The quality of this piece seems good for the price . Menus could be a bit a bit more intuitive and colours on the little back monitor are rather strong but results from the camera are impressive .

ARRAY(0xafaa0d50)