Colour Name: Red|Change

on 14 July 2015
So let's be honest here. You're browsing for in-ear earphones. Your budget is clearly fairly small (like mine was) yet you're probably sick of getting those 10 quid Sony/Creative ones that break every 2 months.

You like heavy bass, but certainly don't want Beats.
You probably commute and want to drown out the guard's announcements and the next stop is XYZ (note: I hate commuting).
You may want to use it to drown out noisy colleagues, neighbours, guinea pigs, whatever.
You probably want something that's not going to 'bleed' noise (unless you're 15, at which point I suggest you browse for portable speakers, or even better use the awesome in built power of your phone speakers).
You may like Classical music, Rock, Metal, Choral, Choir, Indie, Electro or any weird combo of them all (I do).
You probably want something that isn't going to break after you lose the carry bag and just stuff them in pockets/bags.
Ideally, they won't look terrible either.

Therefore, after many years of searching, I can safely say that I think I've found the absolute bees-knees of cheap and awesome earphones. The sound quality is supreme. No really, it is. The build quality is solid. The design is unique but very comfortable, and they have the look & feel of a 200 quid pair.

Honestly, if anything I've said resonates, buy these puppies. You will not regret it.
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2014
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have around 6 pairs of different makes of headphones from other notable manufacturers including JVC, Sony and Sennheiser. 4 pairs of which are more expensive than these. But these are by far my favourite. You get a clearer sound, they fit perfectly to my ears (different bud sizes for you to select), and look very nice. You have to take the noise cancelling and tangle free claims with a pinch of salt. yes its harder to get them tangled but still possible (well I managed it), and it does reduce outside noise a bit but nothing compared to proper noise cancelling headphones. But for the money they are great value and I thoroughly recommend them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 December 2013
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Stylish red ear phones supplied with 3 different sized ear buds and a vinyl case to keep them in. They look well made and feel comfortable but too early to comment on long term durability. The cord is twisted to resist tangling which helps but does not cure the problem. The sound is clear, slightly harsh toward the top end and a lower volume than my JVC X Beats but then most earphones are. The midrange and bass are clear and detailed with the bass volume dependant on correctly fitting ear buds. They look like good value to me as long as the build quality lasts up.
on 8 May 2014
It is hard to fault any of the SoundMAGIC phones. These are at the cheaper end of the range and do not sound quite as good as the E10s. There is at a push a slightly thinner sound with this model. However there is one factor which makes these the better buy and that is they fit your ears. It looks wrong to have an angled earpiece but they work brilliantly. For the first time I can listen to music for hours without forever trying to poke the things back in. Well worth buying and build quality is astonishing for the price.
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I liked the sound quality of these SoundMAGIC in-ear earphones. The bass was loud and clear. The treble was crisp. The sound quality was good even when I turned them up fairly loudly.

The English description on the box is terrible. The marketing department seem to speak English only as a second language as it talks about 'Deep bass, nature voice, clear triple'. But don't let that put you off. At the end of the day, it's sound quality not marketing hype that matters to me and I found these performed very well.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These earphones produce a good clean sound, and don't tangle easily which is a major plus point for me as I usually stuff them into pockets or backpacks.

The only reason they lose a star is that for me, personally, none of the buds provided give a perfect fit, only a good fit (that is to say, from time to time they fall out of my ears, which can be annoying).

However because of the other redeeming features (sound quality and being anti-tangle), I can forgive this minor fault.
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to admit, I'm quite choosy when it comes to quality of music reproduction, however the type of music I tend to listen to relies more upon a crisp treble and good all-round performance which fits the description of these SoundMAGIC earphones, rather than something with a terrific pounding bass which, it has to be said, these earphones do not have. They fit right into the ear canal, are relatively comfortable and give quite a good volume without disturbing those around you too much. They haven't usurped my regular travel earphones (JVC "XX" types), but are certainly good to have as a standby, should my others give up the ghost.

The build quality seems to be decent, the product itself looks attractive and I would recommend these as a good lower-priced pair of earphones for those who enjoy any kind of music apart from dance/techno/rnb/anything reliant upon a loud, powerful bass sound. The bass is by no means weak, but it's not exactly impressive whereas the treble almost over-performs and, without use of equalisation, threatens to be a little tinny. Simply put, there are better products on the market at a similar/lower price, but there's not actually anything fundamentally wrong with this product at all - it just could be better.
on 5 January 2014
I thought I would give these a go given that the Amazon reviews were all 4 and 5 stars when I bought it (in December 2013). I'm very happy with the purchase. They produce decent bass and the sound quality across the whole range is very good.

Don't think that just because you haven't heard of SoundMAGIC that they won't be any good. These are equally as good as Philips or Sony in-earphnes that I've bought over the years.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 February 2014
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are nice earphones. Have had a pair of more expensive SoundMAGIC in-ear headphones before, and loved the sound quality - much better than other phones I'd tried. The sound quality of these is also fab, was very impressed. Love the bold red look. My only gripe is they feel a little large, and arent as comfy as others I've used. But nice sound, and that's the most improtant bit for me!
on 23 January 2014
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
So, I admit at the outset that I am not a sound purist, and use these mainly to listen to music or TV on a noisy commute. So, I cannot really comment on the relative merits of sound production, but suffice to say that they produce adequate sound to allow me to hear what I am listening to, and there is not too much in the way of interference from outside noise. Neither, I am assured from my trusty testing partner, is there much in the way of noise to my fellow passengers. They come with a slightly 1980s leather pouch, which seemed to clash with the rather stylish look of the earphones themselves, but perhaps I am not up to speed on the latest fashion.

So far, so good. However, whilst they fit neatly into my ear, they are fiendishly uncomfortable after about 20 minutes (I have tried all three of the different sized rubber ends). I have an hour's commute, so sadly they are not fit for purpose for me. So, 3 stars reflects them being generally quite good headphones, and a good option for someone who has better shaped ears (although not quite sure how you would test that!)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse