Size: 2 m/6.5 Feet|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£3.99 - £4.99

on 6 December 2013
a lot of these extensions are slow to transmit power or data. but this one is fantastic much faster and better. will be buying these from now on. i used it for my iphone charger. i wanted to extend the cable. this does a fablous job in charging the phone faster.
on 17 September 2014
I ordered two because my PC (running linux) and my wife's PC (running windows 7) both have USB3.0 sockets only at the back where there are not at all convenient to use. The cables effectively bring them round to the side or front, with length to spare.

The cables were delivered amazingly fast, and in sensible packaging (only cardboard, and wire ties). They seem to be very solid, much thicker than the 12inch cable that came with my WD portable USB3 hard drive. So the cable won't snake tightly round corners, which is fine for me.

Simple testing of the WD on the linux machine suggested that there was no difference in speed between using only the supplied short cable and the short cable plus 2M extension cable (though I did find the Kingston Data G4 32GB USB Flash Drive much slower than the WD hard drive -- to be expected at such a low price I suppose.)

So far I am very satisfied with delivery, performance and price. But It's too soon to evaluate long term reliability, and I know that cables (especially the plugs) can stop working after a few months.
I had previously purchased a variety of cables from the Amazon Basics brand and had found them to be reliable and usually of better quality than others sold at a similar price and sometimes those of a higher price. Although not always the least expensive, they are superior to the 'budget' products sold by some, far more reliable and fairly priced for the performance they provide.

There aren't many alternatives in this length and there was no hesitation in making the purchase.

Recommendation.

ADDENDUM
Other lengths and also the Extension cable have also since been purchased and put to excellent, although not always constant, use. Quality and value for money is excellent.
on 20 April 2013
The amazon basics cables all seem to be very well made - sturdier than most of the ones you get with products. This is no exception, and apart from that what else is there to say? It works fine and transfer speeds don't seem to suffer from the long cable run.
on 31 December 2013
This is a very well made, good quality cable that is excellent value for money and works perfectly. The cable is quite stiff, so don't expect to bend it around tight corners.
on 12 December 2015
Basic in name but not basic in quality. A sturdy, well manufactured USB3 extension lead made with good thick wiring and insulation. Bought it as an extension for my Asus Transformer TF300T tablet charge lead and it works perfectly for that. Was originally concerned that adding extra length to the charge cable in this way might push up the overall resistance of the cable and therefore make my charger heat up more due to additional loading, but no, if anything it actually runs cooler. Not surprising since the cable seems to use nice and thick wiring. Only niggle is that the cable is a little more inflexible than others but I just can't denigrate Amazon for using good thick cable in their manufacturing. More than happy with this high level of quality at this very good price.
on 23 April 2016
Great little USB 3 extension cable. For "basics" range the cable is very thick and durable as well as gold plated usb ends. Very good price also

I was able to use this to extend my USB card reader, which is attached to the roof of my desk, all the way to the back of my PC easily. The length is perfect without it needing to be any shorter nor longer.

Overall very useful for when you need a USB device at the front of your PC while keeping your setup looking clean.
review image
on 13 December 2013
Great cable with a nice built. Just connect and you're ready to go. Used it with a usb 3.0 pen and works flawlessly and quickly!
Recommended!
on 11 May 2015
I purchased this cable to extend access to my USB 3.0 ports which I only have two of and they are on the back of my very large desktop machine and was sick and tired of having to get on my hands and knees and under my desk to access the ports.

Thanks to this cable and a USB 3.0 hub I now have on desk access for my various USB 3.0 odds and sods such as a few external hard drives and USB thumb drives. If you are reading this I am sure you already know that there is no comparison in speed between USB 2 and 3 it's like night and day and when I buy any USB gear I deliberately make sure it's USB 3.0 as it's super quick compared to the older USB platforms.

I ran various speed tests on my USB ports and then with using this cable and there is no and I mean zero speed loss by using this cable which I was impressed with.

The "basics" part of the name made me think it might be cheap and nasty but it feels and looks very well made and actually feels like a premium product or as premium as a USB cable can be!
on 26 April 2013
This cable suited my needs very well. I have an external CD/DVD drive which has a lead on that isn't long enough to connect to my computer from where I wanted it to be. As the drive is USB 3.0, I required a cable that would match this specification, and thankfully this cable does the job excellently. Highly recommended.