4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping post-apocalyptic tale
I was recommended this book by a friend, and must remember to thank him. This was a terrific read. Set in Britain after a terrifying virus has wiped out the global population, it follows a young man who has been fending for himself since the plague.

The author paints a compelling and disturbingly realistic picture of life for the lone survivor of a disaster. A...
Published 14 months ago by James Adamson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea
The story revolves around a young boy who lost his family and all that would keep you young person sane. Somehow he seems to have a very grown up attitude, well beyond his years. It is this element that just does not fit. His attitude is all wrong. The character needs to be older or some kind of genius. Still it's worth a read to make your own mind up.
Published 28 days ago by Mr. James Rutherford

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 30 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
I don't tend to leave reviews often but I thought this deserved something. Not usually the type of book I would read, with each page I turned the more I grew curious and excited for what would follow, though near the beginning it felt a bit slow and uneventful, it certainly progressed into a great story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 22 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
Kept me interested but a bit slow. Will try this author again, have read better ,but I expect more next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable read. If you're a Stephen King fan then you'll love this. I read it from starts to finish, and genuinely couldn't put it down.
Looking forward to his next offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, the detail is exceptionally. Am now going to read the next one so it must be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 14 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
I was challenged by a friend to read something different and boy am I glad I did! The Wanderer had me intrigued right at the start. It is very well written, a real page turner. Imagine being all alone in the world. No? Well this book has set the scene for you with its descriptive flair and sound storyline. Even if you've never read a post apocalyptic book before you will LOVE this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep it's good, 2 July 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
If you liked the stand you will like this book. The detail is great and there is less surrealism than king which oddly is a bonus. I really enjoyed it...can he keep up the spirit for round two...I'll be waiting....

4.0 out of 5 stars Go on buy it, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
This book was a great read and worth more than the two pounds or so I paid. Buy it now

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping, Pathos-Laced, Apocalyptic Adventure, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
The Wanderer was my first digital purchase after receiving my new Kindle. I was looking for an enjoyable and gripping read to kick-start my Kindle collection; The Wanderer turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Always compelling, and frequently thrilling, I thoroughly recommend this book for anyone looking for an utterly enticing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely compelling despite the paucity of dialogue, 2 Jun 2013
Dave Henniker (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
I gave this four stars because it seemed believable and quite well written despite occasional flowery language e.g. describing a crescent moon as an iridescent fingernail clipping. The sentence construction, grammar and spelling were all fine, making it easy to read. I think the author has based the book in England with concessions made to American readers. Although placenames don't appear, we (the UK) are one of the few countries where we drive on the left, and in the US 'pavement' doesn't necessarily mean 'sidewalk'. Had the English been poor I'd have given only 3 stars. Also I think it's better to do like Ian Rankin did after his earlier books and just give places real names. To summarise if you're troubled by novels with too many characters and subplots, you'll enjoy this uncomplicated read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 25 May 2013
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
I picked this book by chance and it turned out to be an addictive read. I've previously read similar books such as the road and I am legend, so if you like those sort of books then this one is definitely worth a look.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›