5.0 out of 5 stars A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE OF
I FOUND THIS BOOK REALLY BEAUTIFUL. IT IS GIVES A BEAUTIFUL EXPLANATION OF OUR WONDERFUL BEING AND GOD'S DEEP AND PERSONAL LOVE FOR EACH. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO IS SEEKING TO DEEPEN THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
Published 12 months ago by Teresa Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Immortal Diamond
I found the book to be a disappointing read. I derive much more satisfaction from personal meditation on holy scripture and prayer such as the Examen in facing my 'true self' than this book could teach me. I do not recommend it.
Published 10 months ago by Pearl

5.0 out of 5 stars A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE OF, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The search for our true self (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 May 2013
I have read other books by Richard Rohr and find them very helpful as they express what i could never put into words. The author speaks from the heart from his own experience giving a novel slant on spirituality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, thought provoking and life affirming book, 27 Aug 2014
Richard Rohr was recommended to me by my spiritual advisor and I came to this book through his Daily Meditation email. I found it a slow start because he talks about the True Self and the False Self, concepts which were new to me but I became drawn in by his amazing way of putting things and his clearly eyed love of people and lack of bigotry.

I found I read it in sections, taking time to write about what had struck me in my journal. There were so many resonances and insights that I recommended the book to friends who also loved it. I think it probably has resonances for people in the second half of life when the old black and white certainties no longer satisfy. Rohr talks about the importance of being able to tolerate dualities and conflicts, without needing to explain them or entirely resolve or understand them. His God is one of utter grace and love who relates to us through our fallibility and the mistakes we make, not in spite of them.

I am looking forward to reading his book about the second half of life next.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would have liked some more practical guidance on how to move from the false to the true self.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 5 April 2013
I find reading Richard Rohr really refreshing. I am currently reading this for the second time, and am getting new things from it all the time. It is extremely helpful to read his views on faith and Christianity, not least because it helps me begin to understand why I found church so frustrating and found God so distant for so many years. This book and others by Richard Rohr, amongst others, are helping me to move on and I am now finding a totally new and wonderful relationship with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 29 Mar 2013
As with all of Richard Rohr's writing, this is an inspiring book. He manages to make the complex simple and encourages us to search for the True Self in our quest for a deeper spirituality and relationship with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Mar 2013
Worth reading again and again, it is like turning the lights on.... In my opinion!

It is deeply enlightening. The thirst for wholeness becomes apparent psalm 42 ....... C. Jung et al. Spiritus contra..... Life in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars essentially important, 1 July 2014
An argument could easily be made for this book to be the most important written in the last 30/40 years, up there with Karl Rahner, Thomas Merton and Teihard de Chardin.
Dave Connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 7 Mar 2013
This is yet another wonderful book by Richard Rohr who is a prolific contemporary spiritual writer. It arrived promptly and was a good price. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an important book, 10 July 2013
This book was so 'full' I am having to read it twice. Would recommend to anyone, with the caveat that I think you have to be 'ready' to read it. Fundies will hate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug 2014
Another excellent book by Richard Rohr. I will be reading this again and again.