5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ryobi labour-saving accessory
Published 3 months ago by Alanw

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry just a glorified cycle/air bed pump. I tried ...
Sorry just a glorified cycle/air bed pump. I tried to add some air to the tyres of my car and it failed miserably over-heating and finally stopping. It might be a little more viable, if you have other one plus equipment but otherwise there are cheaper and much more effective item out there.
Published 24 days ago by brasco

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ryobi labour-saving accessory, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
Finding ordinary foot pumps hard work, this is one of the best Ryobi One+ accessories I've bought. In case you're unaware, this is a 'bare' tool that uses the Ryopbi 18V One Plus Li-On battery and charger system (supplied separately). It is sturdily built and has a blue backlit digital pressure guage that I found easy to read outdoors, and very accurate comparing with a PCL pencil gauge (the best IMHO). After turning on and connecting the thumblock connector the gauge shows the current tyre pressure in ½ psi increments and then after dialling in your desired pressure, you start the pump and leave it to inflate. It looks after itself and turns off automatically once pressure is reached. Topped up tyres to 34 psi in under the minute and it was a lot quieter than the cheap 12V one that I keep in the car.

As tyre pressures increase (eg caravan or trailer tyres maybe) compressors are put under more strain because it has to pump harder against a higher load, which I guess is where many cheap 12V car ones blow the fuse. This unit is rated to 150 psi/ 10 bar and I have no doubt it would be up to the job, but I have not tested that.

It has a separate fan motor intended for blowing high volumes of lower pressure air, for inflatable beds, toys etc. or eg light duty air blowing. By connecting the flexi-hose to the inlet instead, the pump will also deflate airbeds etc. too. Adapters for presta valves footballs etc are included. My only gripe is the low-volume flexi hose is longer than the photos suggest, so it can't wrap neatly around the end of the inflator. I found it gets in the way when you try to store it on the pump, so I leave that in the box.

This is proving a great, labour saving accessory for home use and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Ryobi One+ collection, 15 May 2014
Mr. Chris Gate (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
If you know the Ryobi One + system you will know that it will not have a battery included. If you already have One + tools this is a great addition to you collection. Easy to use and having the pressure limit cut off makes things easier. Having the three different pressure rates too saves having to convert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
It works very well out of the box accurate and fairly quick on car tyres set the pressure and it stops when finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Plus Brilliance!, 12 Oct. 2014
Mr. M. A. Turner "TUNNER!" (Alton in Hampshire - England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
BRILLIANT! If you already have a battery, this makes inflating tyres a breeze and has an accurate pressure gauge that cuts out one the target pressure has been achieved!

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st Century Air Inflator With Style, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
An excellent review from Alanw sets out the case for the Ryobe R181-0 Inflator. My one concern before purchase was the ability to read the digital readout in really bright sunlight. I need not have worried because the blue backlit digital readout was easily read here in the brightest of Spanish Suns.

I found it easy to use and had no problems with the tyres of Two cars and their Spares, Two bicycles and the Pneumatic tyres of Two Wheelbarrows. Admittedly these applications were top ups as opposed to inlating from Flat, but the 1.3Ah battery handled the job well and there was still plenty of juice left in the Tank.

The manufacturer has built into the inflator, an allowance when in use. Say you set your Ryobi Inflator to 32psi then turn on the inflator. It will pump past 32psi and then turn itself off at 33psi. The manufacturer has allowed for the loss of some air when you disconnect the thumblock from the valve of your tyre. Check your tyre pressure again and you will find it will measure 32psi. Very clever.

The deflation/inflation aspect of the Ryobi was tested on an inflatable Sunbed, and like inflating the tyres, presented no problems whatsoever.

Tyres are one of the most important features of any car. Without them, you are going nowhere, so maintaining them at their optimum, is vital and yet do we check them as often as we should?? Before this great tool from Ryobi, we had the good old fashioned Foot Pump. Then we had a compressor worked from the Cigarette Lighter Socket on the dashboard with the Engine ticking over to conserve the Car Battery and finally if all else fails, you are left with the Highly dubious Garage Forecourt Air Machines. These Options for Tyre Maintenance left the car owner less than enthused for regularly checking tyre pressures as he should be. However, with the Ryobi R18I-O 18v Inflator, my enthusiasm has been restored and now it is quite a pleasurable task in maintaining Tyre Pressures.

This is a stylistic, very modern looking piece of equipment and the designers at Ryobi have excelled themselves in producing this R18I-O One Plus Inflator for the 21st Century.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good tool for motorists, 1 Nov. 2014
Mr. R. J. Wyndham (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
Very convenient to use - no longer have to put key in ignition and plug into internal 12v socket. Very important to have correct car tyre pressures, and this tool makes checking & correcting easier - and therefore gets done more often.
I found the gauge slightly under reads, so pump up higher to get correct pressure. Pleased I purchased this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry just a glorified cycle/air bed pump. I tried ..., 5 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
This was useful as I already had a battery and charger from my Ryobi garden tools. It is so easy to preset the pressure required. No more fiddling with a pocket gauge.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a good addition., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
The first unit arrived with a faulty LCD display but was smoothly replaced by Amazon. The second unit has been faultless - relatively quite in use and powerful enough to pump up flat car tyres quickly and without fuss. If you have Ryobi batteries and other accessories, this is a good addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes battery spot on still full charged even when used ..., 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool (DIY & Tools)
Yes battery spot on still full charged even when used on several vehicles and would buy from this seller again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›