5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper can be better !
Once every June when I get birthday dosh I send my wife mad trawling these revews planning the best gadgets to buy, these reviews really help so I'm leaving this to help anyone as picky as me.

Published on 23 Jun 2011 by tjpearson

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable flaw spoils a perfect pair of Headphones.
I have now had two pairs of these and though I love the musical qualities these headphones give, i have found what could be a bit of a flaw.

After continual daily use over a 7/8 month period the cable inside the 3.5mm jack shrouding shears leaving the headphones unlistenable. I have now had this problem with 2 pairs.

So, even though these 'phones are...
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by steve batty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper can be better !, 23 Jun 2011
tjpearson (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews

I've had an iPod Classic for 2 years now but never really been that impressed with volume and sound qaulity, these headphones changed all that. I ordered them for my new iPhone thinking the sound would be acceptable while listening to music on the go.

Both with iPhone and iPod Classic the verdict is WOW !

Last year I puchased some AKG's costing in excess of £150 but sold them on ebay 2 weeks later as they struggled to perform unless I linked a mini amplifier. You can imagine my concern ordering these and being pleased with the sound quality. As they only have a small driver they are better suited to phones and MP3 players. I have bad hearing so need to crank the volume up, at 75% these headphones have great volume, clarity and depth. They are lovely to look at and handle, nice design and build quality with easy fold away storage in the supplied case.

Get these, you won't be sorry !

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Buy these..!, 6 Sep 2010
M. J. Lowis "matlowis" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been a multiple owner of in-ear buds over the years and never been totally happy with ant of them. I always resorted to headphones. I've had sennheiser Px200's for the last 3 years and to be honest they've been pretty good. However I decided i'd like something a bit more substantial and something that was just a notch up..particularly in the lower frequency range. This is harder than you think. I wanted closed back headphones.. not to big.. not to small(I know!). Eventually after trawling through shops and the internet I came across these.. and bought them. From the moment you take them out of the box they have a far superior feel and build to the Px200's. I know they are twice the price but it does feel it. They feel great on. The sound?!..I think it's wonderful.It is rich deep sound when attached to my sony, the base is superb but it maintains this throughout the range. They come with a hard carry case which is also excellent. If you are looking for some headphones which ooze quality for your mp3 player (not to big..not to small).. You've found them..

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value for money and sound very good too., 24 Dec 2011
A. Korsner "Adrian Korsner" (London England) - See all my reviews
These will not disappoint any but the most ardent hi fi enthusiast.
First and most important they are very comfortable and not tiring in use.
The sound quality is more than acceptable. Sound quality is good. Really excellent bass and loads of it but it does not drown the very nice midrange response or the top end performance. They are not the most 'open sounding' yet you can't really fault them at the price and again, they sound really good and balanced. I love the fact that the cable runs into one side only (left). This means they are easier to put on and rip off, are more comfortable when wearing and cable doesn't get so tangled up. I love the easy action, in line, volume control, which is much easier to use than the one on the device, which can be left in a pocket or somewhere out of sight. The £200+ Bose phones do sound a bit better but, if you don't go out of your way to listen to them, you won't know and you will be very happy with your AKGs. They give great bangs for your buck. You really don't need to spend any more.
I've had them for more than a year and they still look and sound like new. They collapse very small and go easily into a coat pocket. I've recommended them to a half a dozen other people and not one has been unhappy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound after burn in period, 11 Jan 2012
J. Sadler (UK) - See all my reviews
I have to say. When I first got these and listen to my iPhone 4 I was disappointed. Previously I had some in ear senheisser buds, not overly expensive ones and I thought the sound was better on these. I had read reviews on the akg 430's and people did say give them a burn in period. So I thought if give them the benefit of the doubt. It's been over a week and the sound has really come into its own! The quality is great! Yes they are no Bose headset in terms of build quality but again they don't have the £130 price tag that comes with the higher range products. For £40 they are great. They fold nicely and come with a nice case! Well worth it. Just give them a chance to loosen up as initially they aren't giving their best. A week should give be enough! Quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD PURCHASE : MUSIC COMES TO LIFE, 12 Jun 2011
The AKG K Mini Neck Band Headphones are well priced for what the headphones do. The headphones arrived within a few days of ordering. They were well packaged, and upon opening I could see the headphones were neatly folded to fit in what has turned out to be a well made case. I have had the headphones for over five weeks now and use them quite a lot. To date they are still looking great and are standing up to being handled (folded and unfolded/ placed round neck and onto ears) very well. I use them with the mp3 player and also hifi cd /stereo sets. With regards to the sound quality, I find the quality of all round sound comes through whether it is base or light violin. all music genres sound equally good - it is a pleasure to listen to each type/style music. pop .beat, jazz, classic etc. The singing voice of each artist is clear with nuances of the individual singers voice being picked up very clearly. I think AKG K Mini headphones are a pleasure to use and wear. The headphones do not block out all surrounding noise but the music is many times more dominant a sound than exterior surrounding noise. There is no leaking of music from the headphones so you can wear them comfortably around others and know you are not irritating someone. The headphones sit comfortable on my ears without the extension on the headband being used. However, I have noticed when a male friend tried on the headphones - he had to extend the headband to fit his larger head (Hmmmm !!!) He too found the headphones comfortable to wear and enjoyable to listen with. My dream now is obtain a pair the AKG Q 701 White Quincy Jones Signature Headphones ( watch for that review folks!!!) as I am now confident the the AKG company are aware of and do deliver good sound quality. My professional background = I worked with some of the top quality HI Fi products many years ago which has left me with 'an ear' for good quality music equipment. This has turned out to be both a blessing and a curse at times as I find certain products very painful to listen with/to. From my own personal opinion, I am confident that the AKG headphones will give most customers who buy their products a good sound all round quality. I hope this review helps you to assess this product and your requirements sufficiently. cheers

4.0 out of 5 stars On the button for sound quality and money, 19 Dec 2009
A. Korsner "Adrian Korsner" (London England) - See all my reviews
Five stars has to be reserved for perfection and these aren't perfect but they are great value for money and sound really good.
I'd like to give them four and a half but I can't work the technology!
If you want a really good pair of portable headphones that are affordable and sound as good as you could need while on the go, these are they.
They are, genuinely, so comfortable that you can wear them all day and forget they are on. The cable on one side only makes them easy to put on and take off. They keep the sound in and out beautifully. There is all the base you could want and its well balanced with the mid and top which are all there. All you might like in addition is a bit more 'space or air' but at this price point can you expect perfection? Anyway, I suspect, to get a spacious sound, you would have to sacrifice some of their excellent sound masking properties. They are very musical and the 'in line' volume control is a real bonus and works very well. Work great on my computer and excellent for phone and MP3 player. (Keep your ears warm in cold weather too). I'm very happy with them. Look no further!

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 1 Jan 2012
These headphones are fantastic. I could never understand why lots of people went on about the importance of good speakers or headphones but now I am converted. These head phones look stylish appear to be well made and the sound is brilliant. I can hear things in the music that I would never have picked up with cheaper headphones or speakers. They easily fold down and fit into the nice carry case that is supplied. Ideal for talking on trips. Some people have mentioned on here that they are not very durable but they seem fine to me (although it is still early days). They come with a 2 year guarantee anyway. Overall I am very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound and comfortable, 8 Jan 2010
chuckles "barnie884" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had some sennheiser in the ear canal headphones, however they kept breaking so I bought these after recommendation. Firstly I must say the range is superb.... didn't realise how limited the previous headphones were. In this current cold snap as well, they keep my ears nice and toasty, and even though not noise cancelling, as they are over the ear and nice shape, they cut out most external noise without having high volumes. One good and bad point is the volume control on the lead, it's a nice to have, however the bad point is that because its a slider, I have accidentally messed up the volumes a few times. The last point which could improve is that they only partially fold away, if there was a joint in the middle of the band could be even smaller.
All in all, good price, great sound, recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable flaw spoils a perfect pair of Headphones., 28 Jun 2012
steve batty (Woodlesford, Leeds, England) - See all my reviews

So, even though these 'phones are excellent musically for a closed backed design, treat them with kid gloves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really painful after a few hours, 2 April 2012
I bought these after listening to a friend's pair and being amazed by the sound quality compared to any headphones I owned. I've had them over a year and they're still perfect and pretty good at blocking out background noise. But I use these when travelling and on planes and long trains my ears end up in agony - they just seem to not sit that well on the top of my ears. If you own noise cancelling headphones for trips and are looking at these for just walking down the road then buy them, but if you plan to use them for extended periods perhaps look at over-ear designs instead!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›