5.0 out of 5 stars Redefines popular football writing ... BRILLIANT
Published on 29 May 2007 by Hurry Up Harry

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad
Good read with good plot and characters,spans a few decades so was interesting to me being in my late 40s
Published 13 months ago by Avidreader

5.0 out of 5 stars Redefines popular football writing ... BRILLIANT, 29 May 2007
Hurry Up Harry (Hersham, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Enthralling account of life in the clubland fastlane. Biography or autobiography, who cares. Blue Murder is an outstanding, multi-faceted granular look at the life of a Chelsea fan, Johnny Nipper, whose world collapses inwards as he gets ideas above his station getting sucked into a vortex of drugs, sleaze and casual violence. The accuracy with which certain events are portrayed, eg early Pistols gigs, Billys, the Blitz Club, Ibiza, Goa, and a literal Shed load of Chelsea happenings left me in no doubt about the authenticity of the authors writing. If you are looking for a quality holiday read this summer, Blue Murder wont let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars a true blue gloriously unpredictable thriller ... excellent, 16 May 2007
Chelsea Girl (Balham, London) - See all my reviews
Well written, funny, honest and fast paced. Blue Murder 'Chelsea till I die' had me laughing and crying (i'm a girl) in equal parts. All that punk nostalgia is so well represented here, and what followed. The Chelsea stuff is superb. Johnny Nipper was a part of something. The Pistols at the 100 Club, watching the Chels lose 6-0 away at Rotherham, Billys and the Blitz Club, Ibiza. The boys in blue ... division two, that mad Easter weekend when we got hammered by West Ham and QPR. When Wise went up to lift the FA Cup and of course winning the title at Bolton. This book packs a hell of a punch, it has everything. 100% recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come along, come along, come along and sing this song ..., 5 Jun 2007
Louis the Fourteenth (underneath the arches) - See all my reviews
... we're the boys in blue, Division Two, we won't be here for long. Blue Murder is by some considerable margin the best Chelsea FC related book I have read, and I've read 'em all. John King, Martin King, Martin Knight etc etc stand aside and doff yer caps to a major new talent. Not only is Blue Murder a top Chels read, but it's a wicked trip down the memory lane of music, fashion and day to life from the mid '70s to the day Chelsea win the league up at Bolton in 2005. Mark Worrall has an eye for detail and an ability to tell a yarn that hed me rooted to me deckchair. Look forward to more of the same. Nice One son.

5.0 out of 5 stars a remarkable story engagingly told with glittering pockets of wit, 14 May 2007
So says Martin Knight on the back cover of Blue Murder, I respect his judgement, he's written plenty of quality books about the Chels so him endorsing this book by Mark Worrall was what made me buy it. I'm glad I did. What a blinding yarn, it's based on a true story about this Chelsea geezer called 'Johnny Nipper' who gets tangled up with the underworld. I was too young to know about Punk Rock but the way its written here, its like your there. Quality. The Chelsea stuff with the undercurrent of violence is superb. I won't spoil the ending but trust me, you will keep turning the pages until you get there. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars blue for you ... a top Chelsea read!!!!, 5 Jun 2007
Simple Simon (Pudding Lane, London, England) - See all my reviews
Blue Murder buzzes about like a busy little bee. Football, Music, Fashion, Drugs, Clubs, a smattering of violence and a nice bit of the old in out, all captured in 287 unforgettable pages. Blue Murder buzzes about like a busy little bee and oh what a sting in the tail it has.

5.0 out of 5 stars exhilarating, compelling & sinister ... superb, 14 May 2007
Tea Bar Terry (Tones Bar, North Cheam) - See all my reviews
Not my endorsement but the ensdorsement of John 'Football Factory' King which can be found on the back cover of this latest release by Head-hunter books. I've just finished reading Blue Murder in three sittings, I couldnt put it down. Basically it tells the story in two parts about a Chelsea fan called Johnnny Nipper (not his real name, though a close approximation to a couple of faces I know at the Bridge). The first part tells of his formative years, there is some brilliant stuff here about watching the [...] Pistols and then later that whole E trip and the dance thing where Nipper gets involved in drug dealing and the club scene ... all the while following Chelsea. The Second part is a fast paced gangland drama, with the Chelsea thread still being followed to its conclusion when the Blues win the title at Bolton. If you have followed the various music, fashion and football scenes down the last thirty odd years you will love this. If you are a Chelsea fan you will love it even more. This is probably the best book of its type that has been written and the banter is just brilliant. It would make a great film. Well done to Mark Worrall for telling a great story, and well done to Head-hunter for having the bottle to print it.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 15 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good Worrall read., 11 April 2013
This review is from: Blue Murder: Chelsea Till I Die (Kindle Edition)
A very good read in the end, couldn't put it down, really got in to the characters. Was a good book that took you through four decades
was brilliant especially if you lived the club and football scene.
Thought at the start was a bit slow but then realised s the story went on you knew the characters.
Overall was a good read as like Mark Worrall books as a lot of the old hooligan books are a bit dated now except from Martin king

3.0 out of 5 stars readable, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Blue Murder: Chelsea Till I Die (Kindle Edition)
i must admit don`t know why i bought it because i`m not a cfc fan but it kept me interested.

3.0 out of 5 stars I read it, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Blue Murder: Chelsea Till I Die (Kindle Edition)
As it was a book about Chelsea had to read it. Read it all the way through and enjoyed it though it lacked something to get me up and say this is superb,not sure will try another one.the one thing it does show is the love and passion for Chelsea in the 70s and 80s.something the Russian has killed ,though we are now amongst the elite in the world,though not my Chelsea anymore

Blue Murder: Chelsea Till I Die