Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 29 May 2007
Enthralling account of life in the clubland fastlane. Biography or autobiography, who cares. Blue Murder is an outstanding, multi-faceted granular look at the life of a Chelsea fan, Johnny Nipper, whose world collapses inwards as he gets ideas above his station getting sucked into a vortex of drugs, sleaze and casual violence. The accuracy with which certain events are portrayed, eg early Pistols gigs, Billys, the Blitz Club, Ibiza, Goa, and a literal Shed load of Chelsea happenings left me in no doubt about the authenticity of the authors writing. If you are looking for a quality holiday read this summer, Blue Murder wont let you down.
on 16 May 2007
Well written, funny, honest and fast paced. Blue Murder 'Chelsea till I die' had me laughing and crying (i'm a girl) in equal parts. All that punk nostalgia is so well represented here, and what followed. The Chelsea stuff is superb. Johnny Nipper was a part of something. The Pistols at the 100 Club, watching the Chels lose 6-0 away at Rotherham, Billys and the Blitz Club, Ibiza. The boys in blue ... division two, that mad Easter weekend when we got hammered by West Ham and QPR. When Wise went up to lift the FA Cup and of course winning the title at Bolton. This book packs a hell of a punch, it has everything. 100% recommended.
on 5 June 2007
... we're the boys in blue, Division Two, we won't be here for long. Blue Murder is by some considerable margin the best Chelsea FC related book I have read, and I've read 'em all. John King, Martin King, Martin Knight etc etc stand aside and doff yer caps to a major new talent. Not only is Blue Murder a top Chels read, but it's a wicked trip down the memory lane of music, fashion and day to life from the mid '70s to the day Chelsea win the league up at Bolton in 2005. Mark Worrall has an eye for detail and an ability to tell a yarn that hed me rooted to me deckchair. Look forward to more of the same. Nice One son.
on 14 May 2007
So says Martin Knight on the back cover of Blue Murder, I respect his judgement, he's written plenty of quality books about the Chels so him endorsing this book by Mark Worrall was what made me buy it. I'm glad I did. What a blinding yarn, it's based on a true story about this Chelsea geezer called 'Johnny Nipper' who gets tangled up with the underworld. I was too young to know about Punk Rock but the way its written here, its like your there. Quality. The Chelsea stuff with the undercurrent of violence is superb. I won't spoil the ending but trust me, you will keep turning the pages until you get there. Love it.
on 14 May 2007
Not my endorsement but the ensdorsement of John 'Football Factory' King which can be found on the back cover of this latest release by Head-hunter books. I've just finished reading Blue Murder in three sittings, I couldnt put it down. Basically it tells the story in two parts about a Chelsea fan called Johnnny Nipper (not his real name, though a close approximation to a couple of faces I know at the Bridge). The first part tells of his formative years, there is some brilliant stuff here about watching the [...] Pistols and then later that whole E trip and the dance thing where Nipper gets involved in drug dealing and the club scene ... all the while following Chelsea. The Second part is a fast paced gangland drama, with the Chelsea thread still being followed to its conclusion when the Blues win the title at Bolton. If you have followed the various music, fashion and football scenes down the last thirty odd years you will love this. If you are a Chelsea fan you will love it even more. This is probably the best book of its type that has been written and the banter is just brilliant. It would make a great film. Well done to Mark Worrall for telling a great story, and well done to Head-hunter for having the bottle to print it.
on 5 June 2007
Blue Murder buzzes about like a busy little bee. Football, Music, Fashion, Drugs, Clubs, a smattering of violence and a nice bit of the old in out, all captured in 287 unforgettable pages. Blue Murder buzzes about like a busy little bee and oh what a sting in the tail it has.
on 16 June 2007
Superb read. I've been disappointed with the recent books that Martin King has published via Head Hunter, but Blue Murder Chelsea Till I Die is a real gem. For a start its very well written. The author Mark Worrall has a flair for relaying pacey dialogue which puts you right in the middle of the action, and there's plenty of it. I kept turning the pages wondering and wanting to know what was going to happen next to Johnny Nipper, the biographical central character. Dont worry if you dont follow Chelsea FC,(i don't)you'll soon get wrapped up in Nipper's evolving punk, new romantic, rave, club and gangland world and all the humour laden chit-chat. I read the book whilst holidaying in Ibiza, and the chapter set out on the white isle had me wishing i'd been a part of it all back in the late '70s and '80s(too young see).I even went to find the places that Mark Worrall writes so fluidly about and I found them! 10 out of 10 from me, more please.
on 11 April 2013
A very good read in the end, couldn't put it down, really got in to the characters. Was a good book that took you through four decades
was brilliant especially if you lived the club and football scene.
Thought at the start was a bit slow but then realised s the story went on you knew the characters.
Overall was a good read as like Mark Worrall books as a lot of the old hooligan books are a bit dated now except from Martin king
on 24 March 2013
As it was a book about Chelsea had to read it. Read it all the way through and enjoyed it though it lacked something to get me up and say this is superb,not sure will try another one.the one thing it does show is the love and passion for Chelsea in the 70s and 80s.something the Russian has killed ,though we are now amongst the elite in the world,though not my Chelsea anymore
on 23 June 2011
As a Chelsea 'fringe' player at best, this book was fantastic, everything we all know and love about the past and the characters involved.

However, the list of 'non Chels' boys that I lend the book too....love it.

Great book Mr Worrall, should have told you long ago.

The whole Ibiza section had me 'flashing back' like an episode of Family Guy...