Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 30 December 2013
Excellent story. One book I could not put down. Read it almost in 2 days. It's a book fir everyone.
on 14 December 2013
I have been deeply disappointed in this book. I found it has dragged on, I have been waiting for the crunch moment but there isn't one. Laila talks about her life - seems quite an idyllic childhood until her dad disappears. Nothing to write home about until then, one must assume maybe not so idyllic considering the way her dad disappeared and then crawls back into their lives later, how forgiving was her mum, Jackie and Laila. I have the feeling Laila has chosen to leave chunks out.
Furthermore, I found the constant drone about living here, there but always returning home to mum quite droll.
Then we have 17yrs of the hateful ' George' who was cruel to Gerry and we later find out Tracey and George never got along although Laila states in an earlier chapter that although George was nasty to her little boy ' Gerry' - George was easier on Tracey. I found it all drawn out, I really had to persevere reading this book, I kept going as I thought I was coming to the interesting part.
I firmly believe this is written through rose tinted glasses and the truth is probably buried.
I feel so sorry for Laila's son Gerry, it would appear the cruelty George metted out has greatly affected him or are there other issues which Laila cannot bear to address.
I am astounded by the other reviews as I feel readers must be so gullible to rate it so highly.
on 19 June 2014
I found this book quite difficult to get into. Any biography is interesting as each individuals life is so different. Laila Morse certainly went through some hard times and is a strong, independent woman however I found myself losing interest and putting the book away for days before going back to it.
on 15 May 2014
OMG what a brilliant book I loved it, it's funny sad & really well written. What amazing women she has been through so much good & bad and yet she comes out the other side still laughing.
I love her out look on life,
on 14 December 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, as I only knew about Mo from watching Eastenders. After reading her story I feel like I know the person and not just the actress.I have even purchased the film she was in Nil By Mouth after reading about it
Facebook
on 5 May 2014
There is some bad swear words but it has to be done to tell the tale of her hard life. She is a colourful person and she seems to have had a few hard knocks but has come out the other side. Well done to her worth a read I enjoyed her story.
on 3 March 2014
Great read mails tells a good story so true to life I felt as if she was beside me telling me her story she has great presence and flair at making the reader happy to keep on reading --- so many late nights I couldn't put the book down !!
on 6 March 2014
I've been waiting a while to read this book and it didn't disappoint. Laila Morse has gone way up in my estimation,she's not had an easy life,and clearly adores her kids. Her story is so much like the film she was in,Nil By Mouth.
on 5 April 2014
This is an excellent book and Leila tells it in such an easy readable way. It has made me laugh out loud at some parts ut also made me realise that she has worked so hard to be where she is now.
on 15 June 2015
Absolutely brilliant love her down to earth character that she truly is a definite must read... hilarious also.. congratulations on finding your happiness in the end that you deserved.