4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining memoir!
I've always liked Laila Morse, the older sister of actor Gary Oldman. For the past twelve years she has played Big Mo Harris in the BBC soap opera 'EastEnders'. Whilst I'm not a fan of the show, from the clips I've seen, Mo was a great character and was played with a great deal of humour by Laila.

But there is much more to Laila Morse the actress than Mo...
Published 14 months ago by ReviewBlog51

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a Mo, still waiting!
I have been deeply disappointed in this book. I found it has dragged on, I have been waiting for the crunch moment but there isn't one. Laila talks about her life - seems quite an idyllic childhood until her dad disappears. Nothing to write home about until then, one must assume maybe not so idyllic considering the way her dad disappeared and then crawls back into their...
Published 4 months ago by LOLA MULDOON

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining memoir!, 10 Feb 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Hardcover)

But there is much more to Laila Morse the actress than Mo Harris. She made her film debut in her brother's movie 'Nil By Mouth' in 1997 and won the British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer. Her other film credits include the crime comedy 'Love, Honour and Obey', starring Sadie Frost, Johnny Lee Miller, Jude Law and Ray Winston.

I recently saw Laila being interviewed on television and she made me laugh. When I saw that she had written an autobiography, I decided to give it a go despite not knowing a great deal about her private life. From the moment I picked it up and started reading, it made me laugh out loud. Her childhood memories and what she got up to when she was young make for very entertaining reading.

As her life goes on, we read about the sad times including her troubled first marriage and her own son's battle with drugs and crime. Laila has never had things easy but she comes across as a brave, determined woman with nothing to hide. Her attitude to life is inspirational.

Laila has left EastEnders full time now and I'm glad that she can concentrate on other work, she has made two films in the past three years and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for this considerable actress.

'Juat A Mo' was a fantastic read and a refreshing change to see someone write a book these days who actually has a story to tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Mo - Could not put it down, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book from a lady who has had a very full and varied life. I read this book so quickly as I could not put it down. If you are into autoboiographies treat yourself and buy this book you will not be disappointed. This is one lovely gutsy lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Mar 2013
Saw Liala on TV ,and wanted to read more ,she is such a nice person ,,enjoying
Reading her book ..get it ..

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
Worth a read, what a life she's had just goes to prove u dint have to come from an acting background to make it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 20 Feb 2013
Mr. A. Thomas - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Hardcover)
I had this book bought for me on valentines,not romantic i know-but i wanted to read it.I didnt know anything about
the actress until i read it.Well..what a great read,i couldnt put it down,she comes across as a very nice genuine person,loves her kids,her dad abandoning the family,how it affected her -rejected,then reconciled with him.The book also includes her bad marriage experiences-and love again in her 60s.She is a person i would describe as [Real],she tells it like it is,a very enjoyable book and i would strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars laila morse just a mo, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Hardcover)
very good reading once i started reading it i couldnt put it down untill i had finished it not many books are like that thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
Excellent story. One book I could not put down. Read it almost in 2 days. It's a book fir everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
what a great read, I am not normally one for autobiographies but thought give it a go. I am so glad I did, I could not put this down so it only took a day and a half to read it.
I will definitely recommend this. This lady is a real trooper and been through ups and downs but always sees the lighter side... love her!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mo,s story, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
Excellent.....the true mo........heart warming from start to finish. Factual and funny..... well done for sharing your life with us No.

4.0 out of 5 stars Behind the Real Mo !, 20 Mar 2013
Dee (BEDFODSHIRE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just a Mo: My Story (Kindle Edition)
Great autobiography by laila Morse (Anagram of my sister in Italian) born Maureen Oldman,sister of Gary . Telling her story of where she was from an how it all started through to how it is today. It's not been an easy life for Mo, and less of the glitzy and glam lifestyle we normally expect of a `Star`! Very real an very true of the life's of many of us today .This was an easy down to earth read. Her warmth and humour shines through the book even when times were hard for her. Enjoyed every page ~ Thank you Maureen for Sharing ......

ARRAY(0xb8299744)