VINE VOICEon 17 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Pam Grout embraces much of the Law of Attraction principles in this book. The idea is that there is energy all around us and inside of us and everything is tuned into each other and by the power of thought you can change your reality. It all comes down to the LoA idea that what we put out we get back; think positively you received positivity back etc. Like attracts like. If you show gratitude, you will receive it back; if you give love you will receive it etc. I in my learning asked, believed and received. In other words what you want or wish for is put out there and you then believe that you had what you wanted already and that was creating your own reality as you receive what you asked for. I was in effect attracting what I wanted into my life. I see the 'God' that is mentioned in this book as a higher power.

Now in order to attract the sort of life that you really want, in an abundant universe, it takes dedication and consistency, without these things your life won't change your thinking or life for the better. Many people fail because they give up and give in and complain that it hasn't worked etc. Books like this follow much of the same principles and in this one it is broken down into a series of nine do-it-yourself experiments, bearing in mind that the writer gives it an American slant, so may not be totally in keeping with the British reader. I did struggle to identify with a lot of the terms and ideas and therefore this may not be the best book to start when looking into the LoA. Still this book does have its place and gives another perspective.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book sets out to prove that the mind has a reality of its own & you have the power to change your world via your thoughts. I have read the first few chapters of this book which talks about the invisible energy force that exists around us & how it applies to our everyday life such as it responds to our thoughts & beliefs. Such as if you think you always get a cold in November every year, then you will! it is a built in belief. This energy is limitless, in other words, energy follows where attention goes & the sky is the limit. I have a slight problem here in that although I have NO DOUBT our mind is powerful & capable, I have a problem in thinking we are God & we can do whatever we want. I think when we make an intention, we should always dedicate it to God & at the end of our wishes/prayers say: for the Highest Good of All & Under Grace. So NO-ONE is harmed from our wishes & intentions, even unintentionally.

There is a set of 9 experiments to do to prove this theory to yourself. I am still getting to them. However, a few that I did, I found only one worked. I think my intentions were behind the experiments. You really have to make a strong intention & put your focus & concentration on your intention. I feel the experiments work on the theory of: energy follows your attention, & we DO have the power (all of us equally) to change whatever we wish to for the better (although I personally believe there's are some "times" that our karma can get in the way, in other words, some things are there to teach us something & until we learn what we need (which is actually for our highest good & further it serves to free us).

TBC.....
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really wanted to like this book, as I already know and understand the principles. I followed the experiments. The first one manifested a feather as a sign. I had hoped for something more significant. I have not had any luck with the others though. I haven't finished the book, but to be honest, I have been put off by the middle of the book when she started going on about god being behind everything, and our thoughts are all just prayers. She even backs up how jesus walked on water, and other such things. She even suggests why jesus was executed. I am not an atheist as such, but I am not a christian, so I found this all over the top, and unnecessary.

I wasn't comfortable that the focus was on manifesting, or attracting material things into your life. Some of the examples provided were pretty much about 'I want, I want. Bicycle, computer, piano. Holidays in Mexico and expensive guitars'. Olives stuffed with almonds and 'god has a sense of humour'. The notion that the world is basically your own mail order catalogue feels a bit too much greed for material things. But, I was brought up on 'I want, never gets', so I suppose that's why this makes me feel uncomfortable about 'asking for things, and expecting them to be delivered'.

Perhaps because I lost interested when god was introduced, I became closed down and the experiments didn't work. The book is worth a read for people comfortable with christianity and already have some understanding of the thoughts creating your reality.
VINE VOICEon 31 October 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The anecdotal evidence which the author draws upon at first beggars incredulity in its claims. Tales of results happening by almighty coincidence *just as the person in question planned* abound. How can these be taken seriously, one is sorely tempted to ask?

However, instead of just dismissing this as nonsense - I decided to gamely undertake the experiments proposed in this book, to see what would happen.

What I tended to see happening was this: when I "wished" for a certain outcome, either I would feel motivated to change my behaviour and achieve it; or a coincidence would indeed inexplicably happen. BUT - I thought to myself - was it a case of a genuinely praeternatural phenomena? Or was it more the case that coincidences happen all the time but without me paying attention to them? Or to borrow a phrase from Neurolinguistic programming - had I previously unknowingly adjusted my "perceptual filters" to screen out such coincidences? It is difficult to be objective about the answer.

Overall: this is a short book, written in a light-hearted easy-going style. The main impression is that it is meant to be a "beginner's guide," not the final word on the subject. What I feel the author leaves unsaid is that once one had got the *individual* experiments to work for you, there is a next step - that of combining the different principles to attempt bigger, more ambitious experiments.
on 7 September 2013
The experiments work. Funny and uncomplicated but intelligent and grounded read about the energies that we are made of and surrounded by. Brings whole new meaning to positive thoughts create positive results.
VINE VOICEon 3 November 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is a bit of an enigma. It sounds like it would be too new-agey and unscientific (not that that itself is a bad thing necessarily). However from the start it is at least well written and researched; indeed the author can certainly string a sentence together in an interesting and engaging way producing a book which is a pleasure to read.

The content of the book is the interesting part and an area where thought is needed. Certainly there is some interesting psychology which is described in this book which when carried out produces working results; for example focussing on the colour green means you see (or at least notice) more green things. These experiments are fascinating and provide great insight into out thinking processes. Whether we take this further to the extend that thoughts and "energy" (which is not the same as what a physicist would call energy) has such an impact on our lives is more a matter of personal belief; however very much a subject I could accept in that there are more things in Heaven and Earth than our dreamt about in one particular philosophy.

This book is engaging and interesting and well worth reading and experimenting..no not experimenting but playing with to see where it leads.

Recommended
on 29 October 2014
I've been waiting for this book E-Squared all my life, to change me from a negative to a positive thinking person who now is starting to see the real me. I now like who I am, it's always been there but I didn't see it. Pam has opened up a happy new life for me.
I am now the proud owner of the follow up book, E- Cubed.
I am so delighted with the results I have been given, I have now bought another two paperbacks for Xmas presents.
A must read book to become a better person and believe in your self worth, and everything good can happen if you truly believe it can.
on 10 December 2014
What is E-Squared?

It’s God, the universe, miracles, fun, laughter, disbelief, and most of all magic. If the universe is the magician, then Pam Grout is certainly the universe’s assistant.

The author doesn’t waste her time debating the merits of the Law of Attraction. Instead, she lets you feel the power by taking part in nine experiments. You will feel the power, and it will knock a smile onto that face.

In one of the experiments I told the universe to show me rabbits. In the second experiment I wanted a clear sign on whether or not I should continue to work with a client who was creating bad energy for me. In the third experiment I asked for somebody to hand me a free book.

My wife and I were shopping for Christmas presents. We were in a shop called Peacocks when I saw this huge row of bunny rabbit slippers. The universe was listening. I sent a text message to my sister asking for the shoe size of my niece. She didn’t return my message and so I took a punt and bought a pair that I thought would fit.

After returning home I received a text message from my sister. The slippers were too small. I remember leaving them on the side of the couch, and asked my wife to return them the next day.

A few hours later my wife was involved in a Skype call with the same client that gave me bad energy (we shared the same client). My wife was getting visibly upset. As her frustration grew, so did my anger and resentment towards the client. It was my sign. The universe had once again come through for me. I would end my relationship with the client.

Whilst my wife was still talking to the client, I sat down at the kitchen table and flipped open my laptop. I checked my e-mail. In my inbox were two e-mails that were interesting to me. The first was from Charles Duhigg, the author of The Power of Habit, and the second was from Cynthia Sue Larson, the author of Quantum Jumps. They were both offering me free books.

I was blown away. In less than 24-hrs the universe had given me two free books. I was so excited I fell on the floor and started rolling around. I looked up at my wife, who was still arguing with the bad client, and sitting alongside her, staring right back at me, were the rabbit slippers.

After my wife had ended the call it became clear that her relationship might end with the client involved. Suddenly, I realised that if we both lost the client it would affect us financially. What I first thought was a clear sign to leave, suddenly became a clear sign to stay. I changed my attitude towards the client, they reacted in kind, and we now enjoy a great relationship. Cynthia Sue Larson, the author of Quantum Jumps, became my first guest on my Alcohol & Addiction Podcast. My niece loved her rabbit slippers.

People start to lose faith as soon as they start believing Santa doesn’t exist. It’s tough to try and help people believe in the Law of Attraction. The belief that you can be, or have, anything you want, and all you have to do is ask for it, can be overwhelming for some people. I think my 13-year old son summed it up perfectly when I approached him to complete the experiments.

“Dad, what if I do it wrong? What if it doesn’t work for me?”

This is what holds people back. That fear of failure immobilises you. E-Squared worked, where so many other books have failed, because of the experiments. When they start to come true, there is magic in the air. You feel an incredible surge of possibility. You have belief. You have faith. You believe in magic.

It’s a short book; easily devoured in a few days, and one that I highly recommend. It is a kind of magic, and one that you really do need to experience. It will change your outlook on life completely. Things will never quite be the same again.

This book is a great resource for those struggling with sobriety. There are a number of reasons why people find it difficult to quit. Right up there with the biggest culprits will be lack of belief. A stubborn refusal to believe they can do it. These experiments help return that power to its rightful owner. You start to believe that anything is possible. Suddenly, trying to stop pouring poison down your throat seems chicken feed compared the other things you have manifested in your life.

Lee Davy
www.needyhelper.com
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love this book. It's in the same league as other books about the law of attraction or the secret. So if you like those kind of books, then you will love this one. What's unique about this book is that it offers experiments (that you can test yourself) to allow you to experience the theory given in each chapter. The experiments are fun and do work. I am not surprised that this book is best seller. It will teach you a lot about yourself and is a great reminder that life is full of wonders and that you are a creator. Best of all, this book will give you clear examples of how you can create your reality, how you can have the life that you want. One of the best books I've read in my life (in addition to Seth books and Abraham Esther Hicks books).
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I actually got this book because of the title being of a scientific nature and there was an interesting review in a national newspaper recently. This book is neither scientific or interesting. I actually could not believe in this modern age that someone would write a book of this nature and think they could get away with it. 'Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind. I read a lot of 'self help' and enjoy different angles on this subject. A lot of the stories are just that stories. I have lots of incidents and coincidences in my life, everyone does - it is called life. Nothing to do with me honing in on my 'inner self' or spirituality. Some parts of this book are actually quite negative and could really affect a person's confidence and self esteem if you do not get a good outcome from a series of experiments in the book.